Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

leoladyxo

VIP Member
I would say just be yourself. Being ‘feminine’ isn’t a requirement for being female. I’m a woman but I don’t do make up, rarely do much with my hair beyond the basic care, I might dye it occasionally if I fancy it, I do shave but only when I can be bothered. Never had my nails done and don’t plan to. That’s just me, always been a bit of a tomboy who’s preferred comfort over style. Tried to be more ‘glam’ in my teens to fit in more with friends, but It never felt like the real me. I’ll do my hair for an event like a wedding but still don’t wear make up, or heels because they hurt.

If like me, that stuff doesn’t come naturally to you or you don’t enjoy it then don’t worry too much about it. In fact, embrace it would be my advice.
I echo this sentiment. You should be comfortable with who you are. 💜

I used to really bite my nails and found that by painting them, it stopped me doing it. Also, if you try shellac nails and going to get them done, the money that you spend might put you off nibbling!

• Heart
Reactions: 1

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
Thanks guys! What sort of clothes would you say suit a pear shape? I've bought some more girly and pink clothes lately and youtubed some make up artists to see if they have any pointers for me, I'm so jel of you girls who this stuff comes naturally to lol

Bronx

Aussie dry shampoo can help with thin hair, or boosts it up a bit, as someone said a side fringe will help. As acrylics aren’t easily done at the moment, wear nail varnish, and that will also help you stop biting them- bright nail varnish stuck in your teeth isn’t a good look.
tanning is also helpful I find. I use tan that I put in my moisturiser on my face mainly, it’s called isle of paradise.

Titntat

VIP Member
High heels make you feel more feminine.👠
I agree. I wear trainers and a tracksuit for work so this doesn't really help. I like a tan too, not good at fake tan. I prefer sunbeds, havnt been on it two years due to having a baby and being in lockdown.

coconochanel

VIP Member
You could always wear some clip in extensions now and then to thicken your hair out. As for biting your nails I used to have this problem then I started wearing clear varnish then when I went to bite them I would taste the varnish and realise and it stopped me biting them.

Titntat

VIP Member
How is everyone getting on with this? I feel lazy and minging today. But as soon as the kids are in bed I cant be arsed to do anything with my self.

I've dyed and waxed my eye brows (feels lots better). Just need to do my top lip. Have a good shaving session 😂 my sisters doing my hair Saturday so hopefully that will keep me motivated not to be lazy and looking unkept 😂

Titntat

VIP Member
I bite my nails lol, I use make up now and again but am more big on skin care which I always do in the morning and nights! My hair is thin ☹ I have loads of expensive clothes and accessories but I always manage to make them look cheap 😂 I wish being feminine came naturally to me lol
I have gel nails (not atm). I used to bite mine alot the time too. I'd deffianly recommend, she struggled to get them on at first because I used to bite mine. I've not had any on since lockdown, they are still a nice length and I dont bite them.

Dizzy

VIP Member
I agree that I think it is a state of mind and the way you carry yourself but there's nothing wrong with doing a bit of groundwork to support that. Do your nails, put some fake tan on (get a good one and learn how to apply it well), find a haircut/style/colour that suits you, is maintainable and achievable at home, if you want to wear make up, watch a few tutorials on YouTube and find out how to apply it well so it flatters you. Experiment with clothes - try on different styles with someone you trust to see what suits you and what makes you feel good (tricky at the moment admittedly). Start a pinterest board with styles/looks that you like and refer back to it. Take a mirror picture of yourself when you feel really feminine and refer back to that so you can see what has worked in the past for you.

coconochanel

VIP Member
Thanks guys! What sort of clothes would you say suit a pear shape? I've bought some more girly and pink clothes lately and youtubed some make up artists to see if they have any pointers for me, I'm so jel of you girls who this stuff comes naturally to lol
When it comes to makeup if your not sure etc I'd say keep it simple so maybe a cc cream, mascara, bit of blush and lipgloss/lipstick.

Titntat

VIP Member
Cannot wait to get my gels did after lockdown. Had to buy polish and start painting my nails as I miss it so much🤷🏻‍♀️

Eyebrows. God where to start? Usually threading or waxing and I’ve naturally got big dark brows. (Side note: used to get comments for having big brows at school... off girls who are now desperately growing and trying everything to restore over plucked brows. Mwahaha. Vindication!)

Legit nearly my Brows current situation in photo below. 😂😂

Pear shaped suit nice skater dresses, a line dresses/skirts. Something that emphasises your smaller waist and skims over the hips. Pears usually have smaller shoulders as well so you can play about the tops that have design or faffy bit on the shoulders as well.

Fellow pear ✋🏻 (Well, used to be a genuinely curvy pear. Now I’m like 4 pears 🙄🤷🏻‍♀️) need to get my weight off!!
Omg haha. I've booked my appointment for 6th of July so fingers crossed they are open.

I've already chose my nails 🤭🤭

squarebutton

VIP Member
I always have my nails done. Eye brows tinded and shaped (not atm they are insaine) and lip waxed.
Bits and pits are always trim. Abit lazy with my legs, but I'm very fair so you can hardly see.
My hair is longish, normaly straighten it.
Skin care - face scrub in the bath and put some anti wrinkle cream on after bath/shower 😂
Moinsterise my legs/body with I cba.
Dont wear alot of jewelry other than a necklace I have on 24/7.

I feel like it's the clothing and make up department where I need to improve 😂
Make up can be a big game changer and that doesn't mean whacking a full face on and looking like a tangerine 😂