How to be more feminine.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I try to make the best of any good points - whilst trying to disguise the worst!

I have very thin hair. In my twenties, I tried to volumise it whilst wearing it long - it never worked! I have discovered my thin hair looks much nicer (and thicker) in a pixie cut. It has to be a really good cut though, and trimmed / shaped every 4 or 5 weeks. Because of lockdown, I have not had a cut since early March. I look like Pat Sharp!
I have it lightened to an ash blond, again lockdown has not been kind to me.

I find having very short hair, allows me to wear a fair bit of eye make up. I feel a bit boyish without it. I enjoy applying eye make up, so it is not a chore.
I try and keep the rest of my make up low key. Finding a nice nude lipstick is always a joy - and I now understand (at last) how to take care of my skin. I never used to exfoliate properly. I now realise that all the expensive moisturisers and face masks will do nothing - if my face is battling with layers of flaky skin.

I have stopped buying clothes that are in fashion. I now wear what I know suits me, and would rather have well cut clothes that last, rather than frivolously buying lots of cheaper clothes. I also find that I walk better in good shoes, and always make sure that they are clean.

I am a woman in lockdown. Apart from having nice baths and exfoliating, I have been wearing no make up and tee shirts / jogging bottoms. I am actually looking forward to putting on a bit of slap and some decent clothes - but I need a decent hair cut and colour first πŸ˜ƒ

• Heart
Reactions: 10
You could always wear some clip in extensions now and then to thicken your hair out. As for biting your nails I used to have this problem then I started wearing clear varnish then when I went to bite them I would taste the varnish and realise and it stopped me biting them.

Reactions: 1
You could always wear some clip in extensions now and then to thicken your hair out. As for biting your nails I used to have this problem then I started wearing clear varnish then when I went to bite them I would taste the varnish and realise and it stopped me biting them.
I stopped when I started wearing acrylics. Which I don’t wear now but it broke the habit.

Reactions: 2
Thanks guys! What sort of clothes would you say suit a pear shape? I've bought some more girly and pink clothes lately and youtubed some make up artists to see if they have any pointers for me, I'm so jel of you girls who this stuff comes naturally to lol

Thanks guys! What sort of clothes would you say suit a pear shape? I've bought some more girly and pink clothes lately and youtubed some make up artists to see if they have any pointers for me, I'm so jel of you girls who this stuff comes naturally to lol
When it comes to makeup if your not sure etc I'd say keep it simple so maybe a cc cream, mascara, bit of blush and lipgloss/lipstick.

I havent shaved since january and honestly im like a bleeping caveman. But i don't even care :( is that bad?? :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Stopping shagging men from Downing Street like an animal? We can scrap the rota and I'll take Dom full time :giggle:

On a side note, do you mean appearance wise? I assume you do...
It honestly makes me howl how Downing Street Men creeps into loads of other threads πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ you lot are wrong on so many levels but I love it πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Haha
Midi skirts. Honestly, I am a skinny jeans girl through and through, but I bought my first midi skirt a few months ago from H&M and oh my God it's like I turn into Kate Middleton when I'm wearing it. It's just so...swishy!

• Haha
Mines my gel nails and eye brows. Feel naked with out them.
Cannot wait to get my gels did after lockdown. Had to buy polish and start painting my nails as I miss it so muchπŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

Eyebrows. God where to start? Usually threading or waxing and I’ve naturally got big dark brows. (Side note: used to get comments for having big brows at school... off girls who are now desperately growing and trying everything to restore over plucked brows. Mwahaha. Vindication!)

Legit nearly my Brows current situation in photo below. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Pear shaped suit nice skater dresses, a line dresses/skirts. Something that emphasises your smaller waist and skims over the hips. Pears usually have smaller shoulders as well so you can play about the tops that have design or faffy bit on the shoulders as well.

Fellow pear βœ‹πŸ» (Well, used to be a genuinely curvy pear. Now I’m like 4 pears πŸ™„πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ) need to get my weight off!!

Attachments

Last edited:
Cannot wait to get my gels did after lockdown. Had to buy polish and start painting my nails as I miss it so muchπŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

Eyebrows. God where to start? Usually threading or waxing and I’ve naturally got big dark brows. (Side note: used to get comments for having big brows at school... off girls who are now desperately growing and trying everything to restore over plucked brows. Mwahaha. Vindication!)

Legit nearly my Brows current situation in photo below. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Pear shaped suit nice skater dresses, a line dresses/skirts. Something that emphasises your smaller waist and skims over the hips. Pears usually have smaller shoulders as well so you can play about the tops that have design or faffy bit on the shoulders as well.

Fellow pear βœ‹πŸ» (Well, used to be a genuinely curvy pear. Now I’m like 4 pears πŸ™„πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ) need to get my weight off!!
Omg haha. I've booked my appointment for 6th of July so fingers crossed they are open.

I've already chose my nails 🀭🀭

I always have my nails done. Eye brows tinded and shaped (not atm they are insaine) and lip waxed.
Bits and pits are always trim. Abit lazy with my legs, but I'm very fair so you can hardly see.
My hair is longish, normaly straighten it.
Skin care - face scrub in the bath and put some anti wrinkle cream on after bath/shower πŸ˜‚
Moinsterise my legs/body with I cba.
Dont wear alot of jewelry other than a necklace I have on 24/7.

I feel like it's the clothing and make up department where I need to improve πŸ˜‚
I struggle too with feeling feminine, esp as I've gained a bit of lockdown weight! What I have found, is that, for work, the simple Β£19.50 M&S shift dresses are very flattering with a jacket and as I'm wearing 1 piece i.e. the dress, I don't worry about my top half mis-matching with my bottom half! I wear a necklace or long pendant and some simple earrings to complete the outfit. For casual wear, I find that a nice pair of jeans with a pair of leather ballerina pumps or funky trainers and a Breton top or a nice fitted shirt, again with a necklace and earrings, looks good. And I've a couple of 'going-out dresses' and that's about it. I keep make-up simple, use a spritz of perfume and use a GHD to try to control my hair.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
How is everyone getting on with this? I feel lazy and minging today. But as soon as the kids are in bed I cant be arsed to do anything with my self.

I've dyed and waxed my eye brows (feels lots better). Just need to do my top lip. Have a good shaving session πŸ˜‚ my sisters doing my hair Saturday so hopefully that will keep me motivated not to be lazy and looking unkept πŸ˜‚

How is everyone getting on with this? I feel lazy and minging today. But as soon as the kids are in bed I cant be arsed to do anything with my self.

I've dyed and waxed my eye brows (feels lots better). Just need to do my top lip. Have a good shaving session πŸ˜‚ my sisters doing my hair Saturday so hopefully that will keep me motivated not to be lazy and looking unkept πŸ˜‚
I want something done with my hair. It’s always in a topknot, even for work now we can dress down!

I want something done with my hair. It’s always in a topknot, even for work now we can dress down!
Mine just needs a really good cut. I straighten in when I go out. I've got ghd but always go bloody flicky πŸ˜’