How to be more feminine.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I always have my nails done. Eye brows tinded and shaped (not atm they are insaine) and lip waxed.
Bits and pits are always trim. Abit lazy with my legs, but I'm very fair so you can hardly see.
My hair is longish, normaly straighten it.
Skin care - face scrub in the bath and put some anti wrinkle cream on after bath/shower šŸ˜‚
Moinsterise my legs/body with I cba.
Dont wear alot of jewelry other than a necklace I have on 24/7.

I feel like it's the clothing and make up department where I need to improve šŸ˜‚
Make up can be a big game changer and that doesn't mean whacking a full face on and looking like a tangerine šŸ˜‚

Acrylic nails make me feel amazing. Thatā€™s my first post lockdown job!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I would say just be yourself. Being ā€˜feminineā€™ isnā€™t a requirement for being female. Iā€™m a woman but I donā€™t do make up, rarely do much with my hair beyond the basic care, I might dye it occasionally if I fancy it, I do shave but only when I can be bothered. Never had my nails done and donā€™t plan to. Thatā€™s just me, always been a bit of a tomboy whoā€™s preferred comfort over style. Tried to be more ā€˜glamā€™ in my teens to fit in more with friends, but It never felt like the real me. Iā€™ll do my hair for an event like a wedding but still donā€™t wear make up, or heels because they hurt.

If like me, that stuff doesnā€™t come naturally to you or you donā€™t enjoy it then donā€™t worry too much about it. In fact, embrace it would be my advice.
I echo this sentiment. You should be comfortable with who you are. šŸ’œ

I used to really bite my nails and found that by painting them, it stopped me doing it. Also, if you try shellac nails and going to get them done, the money that you spend might put you off nibbling!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Aussie dry shampoo can help with thin hair, or boosts it up a bit, as someone said a side fringe will help. As acrylics arenā€™t easily done at the moment, wear nail varnish, and that will also help you stop biting them- bright nail varnish stuck in your teeth isnā€™t a good look.
tanning is also helpful I find. I use tan that I put in my moisturiser on my face mainly, itā€™s called isle of paradise.

High heels make you feel more feminine.šŸ‘ 
I agree. I wear trainers and a tracksuit for work so this doesn't really help. I like a tan too, not good at fake tan. I prefer sunbeds, havnt been on it two years due to having a baby and being in lockdown.

I agree. I wear trainers and a tracksuit for work so this doesn't really help. I like a tan too, not good at fake tan. I prefer sunbeds, havnt been on it two years due to having a baby and being in lockdown.

All the make up and clothes in the world won't help if you are uncomfortable in it , you will just look akward and that isnt very feminine. Honestly confidence is better !!

Reactions: 4
All the make up and clothes in the world won't help if you are uncomfortable in it , you will just look akward and that isnt very feminine. Honestly confidence is better !!
It's not a bad tracksuit. I normally wear gym leggings, just the polo and nice trainers.
Not too bothered about its work, it's more on a day to day when I'm not at work.

Wash your hair
Wash your face/body
Clean clothes - but no tracksuits

Its more about the way you carry yourself than getting nails, fake tan etc

And most of important

Smile !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 3
Same question here for me, I look quite masculine šŸ˜žšŸ˜žšŸ˜ž

- acrylic / gel nails
- eyelash extensions
- well groomed eyebrows
- sweet smelling perfume
- showing legs / cleavage (skirts NOT shortsā€
- earrings

Reactions: 2
I have to agree and say itā€™s more about how you carry yourself, act, speak etc and the quiet confidence you have in yourself.
Whilst the nails, tan, hair all do help (and if it makes you feel good then thatā€™s all that matters) its more a behaviour than a look.

But in saying that you canā€™t beat a good blowdry, it makes me feel like a million dollars!

Reactions: 5
love love getting a blowdry: but I'd say it's all about the "inperfections" you might have. ie: are you hairy - diy or get a regular wax at a spa, get the brows shaped at a spa then keep plucking the regrowth around the shape, do you have dry skin/oily skin? learn which type then take care of it, coconut oil/kerastases masks are lovely etc.. broke rn but I know all the tricks

Reactions: 3
I like thefemininepost on Instagram they focus on feminine energy and empowerment. I donā€™t think femininity always comes from clothes and make up, thatā€™s just an image really.

But there is Anna Bey school of affluence who for the most part is a pain in the ass gold digger but I do think she gives some good tips on her youtube channel how to dress feminine and elegant.

Thanks for the suggestions I've already applied fake tan and gave myself a pedicure lol

• Heart
I agree that I think it is a state of mind and the way you carry yourself but there's nothing wrong with doing a bit of groundwork to support that. Do your nails, put some fake tan on (get a good one and learn how to apply it well), find a haircut/style/colour that suits you, is maintainable and achievable at home, if you want to wear make up, watch a few tutorials on YouTube and find out how to apply it well so it flatters you. Experiment with clothes - try on different styles with someone you trust to see what suits you and what makes you feel good (tricky at the moment admittedly). Start a pinterest board with styles/looks that you like and refer back to it. Take a mirror picture of yourself when you feel really feminine and refer back to that so you can see what has worked in the past for you.

Love this thread!
The biggest tip I can give you (if it's for a partner) is to just lock them inside. My husband hasn't seen another woman in the flesh for 2 months and by now he thinks I'm Venus reincarnated. Even though my grooming habits have gone downhill severely.

But seriously if it's the physical things. Get advice on a haircut that flatters your face, even if it requires a little maintenance. And look at the "less perfect/feminine" features of your face body and search for makeup and clothing techniques to hide those and enhance the features you're proud of.
E.g. I don't have the biggest breasts but I have a small waist so I try to find clothes (usually dresses) that hug my waist and make my breasts look more proportionate by default. Or go all out with a push up for the hourglass if I want to feel exceptionally sassy that day.

• Haha
Reactions: 7