Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Titntat

VIP Member
When I shave my legs I feel like an absolute lady 😂
Regaurding make up, god cant even remeber the last time I had any on.
Theres some mums on school run looking all glam, i just look homeless 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 12

squarebutton

VIP Member
Stopping shagging men from Downing Street like an animal? We can scrap the rota and I'll take Dom full time :giggle:

On a side note, do you mean appearance wise? I assume you do...

• Haha

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
I would say just be yourself. Being ‘feminine’ isn’t a requirement for being female. I’m a woman but I don’t do make up, rarely do much with my hair beyond the basic care, I might dye it occasionally if I fancy it, I do shave but only when I can be bothered. Never had my nails done and don’t plan to. That’s just me, always been a bit of a tomboy who’s preferred comfort over style. Tried to be more ‘glam’ in my teens to fit in more with friends, but It never felt like the real me. I’ll do my hair for an event like a wedding but still don’t wear make up, or heels because they hurt.

If like me, that stuff doesn’t come naturally to you or you don’t enjoy it then don’t worry too much about it. In fact, embrace it would be my advice.

Miss Havisham

VIP Member
I try to make the best of any good points - whilst trying to disguise the worst!

I have very thin hair. In my twenties, I tried to volumise it whilst wearing it long - it never worked! I have discovered my thin hair looks much nicer (and thicker) in a pixie cut. It has to be a really good cut though, and trimmed / shaped every 4 or 5 weeks. Because of lockdown, I have not had a cut since early March. I look like Pat Sharp!
I have it lightened to an ash blond, again lockdown has not been kind to me.

I find having very short hair, allows me to wear a fair bit of eye make up. I feel a bit boyish without it. I enjoy applying eye make up, so it is not a chore.
I try and keep the rest of my make up low key. Finding a nice nude lipstick is always a joy - and I now understand (at last) how to take care of my skin. I never used to exfoliate properly. I now realise that all the expensive moisturisers and face masks will do nothing - if my face is battling with layers of flaky skin.

I have stopped buying clothes that are in fashion. I now wear what I know suits me, and would rather have well cut clothes that last, rather than frivolously buying lots of cheaper clothes. I also find that I walk better in good shoes, and always make sure that they are clean.

I am a tramp in lockdown. Apart from having nice baths and exfoliating, I have been wearing no make up and tee shirts / jogging bottoms. I am actually looking forward to putting on a bit of slap and some decent clothes - but I need a decent hair cut and colour first 😃

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Everdene

Love this thread!
The biggest tip I can give you (if it's for a partner) is to just lock them inside. My husband hasn't seen another woman in the flesh for 2 months and by now he thinks I'm Venus reincarnated. Even though my grooming habits have gone downhill severely.

But seriously if it's the physical things. Get advice on a haircut that flatters your face, even if it requires a little maintenance. And look at the "less perfect/feminine" features of your face body and search for makeup and clothing techniques to hide those and enhance the features you're proud of.
E.g. I don't have the biggest breasts but I have a small waist so I try to find clothes (usually dresses) that hug my waist and make my breasts look more proportionate by default. Or go all out with a push up for the hourglass if I want to feel exceptionally sassy that day.

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
Stopping shagging men from Downing Street like an animal? We can scrap the rota and I'll take Dom full time :giggle:

I'll NEVER stop shagging men from downing street! 😂😂 and yes lol I'm absolutely hopeless at looking well not like a man 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6

squarebutton

VIP Member
I'll NEVER stop shagging men from downing street! 😂😂 and yes lol I'm absolutely hopeless at looking well not like a man 😂😂
Worth a try 🤷‍♀️ 😂

Do you have long nails? Do you wear make up? Use any skincare? Wear any jewellery? What's your hair like? (Head and body I suppose!)
I feel invested in this thread!

Reactions: 5

hiya_hun

VIP Member

It honestly makes me howl how Downing Street Men creeps into loads of other threads 😂😂😂 you lot are wrong on so many levels but I love it 😂😂😂

• Haha

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Midi skirts. Honestly, I am a skinny jeans girl through and through, but I bought my first midi skirt a few months ago from H&M and oh my God it's like I turn into Kate Middleton when I'm wearing it. It's just so...swishy!

• Haha

Jaybtee

VIP Member
I havent shaved since january and honestly im like a fucking caveman. But i don't even care :( is that bad?? :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart

Choupette

I have to agree and say it’s more about how you carry yourself, act, speak etc and the quiet confidence you have in yourself.
Whilst the nails, tan, hair all do help (and if it makes you feel good then that’s all that matters) its more a behaviour than a look.

But in saying that you can’t beat a good blowdry, it makes me feel like a million dollars!

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
Thanks for the suggestions I've already applied fake tan and gave myself a pedicure lol

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
Worth a try 🤷‍♀️ 😂

Do you have long nails? Do you wear make up? Use any skincare? Wear any jewellery? What's your hair like? (Head and body I suppose!)
I feel invested in this thread!
I bite my nails lol, I use make up now and again but am more big on skin care which I always do in the morning and nights! My hair is thin ☹ I have loads of expensive clothes and accessories but I always manage to make them look cheap 😂 I wish being feminine came naturally to me lol

• Haha

spannermarie

I always have my nails done. Eye brows tinded and shaped (not atm they are insaine) and lip waxed.
Bits and pits are always trim. Abit lazy with my legs, but I'm very fair so you can hardly see.
My hair is longish, normaly straighten it.
Skin care - face scrub in the bath and put some anti wrinkle cream on after bath/shower 😂
Moinsterise my legs/body with I cba.
Dont wear alot of jewelry other than a necklace I have on 24/7.

I feel like it's the clothing and make up department where I need to improve 😂
I struggle too with feeling feminine, esp as I've gained a bit of lockdown weight! What I have found, is that, for work, the simple £19.50 M&S shift dresses are very flattering with a jacket and as I'm wearing 1 piece i.e. the dress, I don't worry about my top half mis-matching with my bottom half! I wear a necklace or long pendant and some simple earrings to complete the outfit. For casual wear, I find that a nice pair of jeans with a pair of leather ballerina pumps or funky trainers and a Breton top or a nice fitted shirt, again with a necklace and earrings, looks good. And I've a couple of 'going-out dresses' and that's about it. I keep make-up simple, use a spritz of perfume and use a GHD to try to control my hair.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Keiffers pipe

I agree. I wear trainers and a tracksuit for work so this doesn't really help. I like a tan too, not good at fake tan. I prefer sunbeds, havnt been on it two years due to having a baby and being in lockdown.

All the make up and clothes in the world won't help if you are uncomfortable in it , you will just look akward and that isnt very feminine. Honestly confidence is better !!

Its_Me

VIP Member
I like thefemininepost on Instagram they focus on feminine energy and empowerment. I don’t think femininity always comes from clothes and make up, that’s just an image really.

But there is Anna Bey school of affluence who for the most part is a pain in the ass gold digger but I do think she gives some good tips on her youtube channel how to dress feminine and elegant.