How often do you Hoover?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As the title says! And do you think should vary depending on whether you have pets? Children? Depending on what floor you have?

My mum Hoovers every day. My partner thinks you should Hoover once a week, and I prefer to Hoover two to three times per week. We have one cat and no children, laminate. 🤪

Reactions: 1
At least once downstairs, aim for twice (before midday and then in the evening). I’ll do the stairs and upstairs 1-2 times a week. I only have this regime because 1. I have a dog with Houdini hair (he’s not even long-haired but it sheds everywhere) 2. I use a Shark which makes it easier. If I don’t vacuum until late in the day I swear the house starts smelling musty 🤧

Our main floor is hardwood and where our dog spends most of his time. We have a handheld Dyson which I run on the floor normally once a day, sometimes twice. I also sweep it with a Swiffer pad daily. Bathrooms which are tile get vacuumed with the handheld a few times a week.

Then we have a proper vacuum which I use once a week on the main floor and upstairs carpet.

How often do people mop? I definitely do it once a week, sometimes twice. I do spot cleans in between with a microfiber cloth.

Usually a couple times a week. Due to being back at work I’m barely home right now and my partner just sticks to his office so things tend not to get dirty or dusty. I do have a cat but he’s indoor and thinks really highly of himself so ensures he’s always clean 🤪. I do however lose hair like there’s no tomorrow so will use a lint roller to pick stuff up as and when I need to and that carpet cleaner with the brush head is basically my best pal 😂

I try at least once everyday but it's usually every other day cos my one year old is scared of the hoover 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I try at least once everyday but it's usually every other day cos my one year old is scared of the hoover 😬
My dog is terrified of it.

We have laminate. I tend
to sweep with a brush when I notice anything on the floor.
Which is all the time as it is moulting season.

I vaccum the whole flat once a week, and sometimes give my bedroom and living room a midweek vaccum too (the rooms where the fluffy cat hangs out). Mix of carpets and floorboards and it's just me and the furball.

Reactions: 2
The whole flat I do once a week - I live alone, no pets.

But I do vacuum around my work desk everyday (literally takes 20seconds) as I probably do more snacking than working.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Twice a day. We have 3 cats and two children (3 and 5 years old). Hard flooring and tiles downstairs and carpets upstairs.

Hoover the couch, the carpet and bed once a day because of my dog and I hoover the floors and other bits every second or third day depending on my mood

Once a day downstairs (kitchen/lounge/utility), every other day 2nd floor and two sets of stairs, once a week top floor (bedrooms, landing and bathrooms)

I have two Labradors. Pissing against the wind really.

• Haha
Reactions: 4