How often do you Hoover?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A few times a week. Might do it every day for a few days then not do it for the rest of the week. Depends if I can see mess or if I am in the mood. My life has changed since having a cordless though and it’s not the chore it once was.

Every day, but sometimes it could probably be done twice a day. Big hairy dog is mainly to blame. I'm amazed he manages to keep any fur on his body, because it seems to be all over my floors all the time.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Every day or multiple times a day just seems so much, I don't know how you all have the time!

I do once a week but even then might skip upstairs occasionally. I used to be loads worse and might go several weeks without bothering at all, but that's generally when my mental health has been tit and I've been generally exhausted/burnt out. Getting a much better cordless hoover and working from home has helped me find my motivation as I have to look at it now and can't ignore the dust.

Reactions: 2
I feel dirty now 😂 you are all so clean. Working 50 plus hours a week in a nursing home just now so can't actually remember the last time I vacuumed 😬 think I forced the teenagers to vacuum one day last week but that's it. As long as we present a clean image to the world, what the actual house is like is not a worry just now for me. I grew up in an absolute midden and appear to be going the same way 😂

Reactions: 6
Like maybe once a week (feel like a dirty mare admitting that after reading this) obviously I'll hoover up straight away if there crumbs or anything. I don't have kids or pets though.

Once a week. I dust and then I hoover. We have no kids or pets and we don't wear shoes or outdoor clothes inside so it doesn't need to be done more often

I hoover the ground floor everyday and the first floor every other day. The basement and top floor I do once a week as we don’t use them floors often. We have white tiles throughout the kitchen/living space and hallway so marks show instantly. Also, I have a dust allergy which is an absolute pain in the arse. We also have a cleaner who comes twice a week so she does it as well! We have no children and I can’t imagine how I will be when we have them!

I’ve just bought a Shark anti wrap and even though it’s a big bulky thing I love it, hoping it motivates me to do it more after having to de-hair our bloody Dyson every time.

Does anyone use shake and vac? I can’t vacuum without it! X

Wow, I had no idea that so many people hoover daily. I hoover once a week - live on my own, no pets.

When I was a kid, we only hoovered once a week too. Just wondering, are other people's hoovering habits the same as their parents' as well?

Reactions: 3
Downstairs gets done every day (I’ll go over bits again if there’s crumbs etc after dinner) and the upstairs and stairs once a week. I feel like hoovering regularly keeps dust at a minimum plus I panic so much at the thought of someone coming into my house and thinking it’s not clean lol. Agree that cordless vacs are a God send!

Wow, I had no idea that so many people hoover daily. I hoover once a week - live on my own, no pets.

When I was a kid, we only hoovered once a week too. Just wondering, are other people's hoovering habits the same as their parents' as well?
Yes! mine are. I'm overall tidier than my parents but their weekly vaccum approach has definitely transferred to me. Although Mum sweeps her kitchen ever night - something I do not do.

Once a day generally after dinner and 'Miss' Roomba does it's thing during the day.

For context, we don't have children but we do have pets. The floors are a mix between hardwood and tiles.