How often do you Hoover?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do aim to do it once a day. My partner and I both work full time 5 days a week though so it's never really that dirty! If it looks alright I might leave it to every other day.

We have all laminate flooring and hoover probably once a week, but if I see a dust bunny I’ll do a quick wipe of that area!

Reactions: 2
I have hay fever too, but I only hoover once a week, I hate it because I have a heavy ass hoover and loads of carpets. 🙊

Reactions: 1
Once a week and my partner does it.

No kids. No pets. Very small two bedroom house, although one bedroom is out of use at the moment due to a huge water leak, so just one currently.

I would love to do it more but it just takes too much energy out of me. I have MS - I'm not just a lazy witch 😂

My partner works really, really, really long hours and hates housework. It is still the biggest thing we argue about, because he doesn't give a toss whereas I get really stressed and upset about not being able to keep on top of things - so I'm in the process of arranging a cleaner to come in fortnightly. Would love them to come every week but just can't afford it but I can muddle through the week they don't come. My partner will still vacuum and change the bed weekly though - my two most energy zapping chores.

I have a robot vacuum downstairs, and I vacuum daily [in sections since I have some difficulty with physical activity (Mondays = bedroom and hallway, Tuesday = stairs and entry hall, etc.)]. I have cats and would ideally want to vacuum the whole house daily but I do the best I can.

I vaccum the whole flat once a week, and sometimes give my bedroom and living room a midweek vaccum too (the rooms where the fluffy cat hangs out). Mix of carpets and floorboards and it's just me and the furball.
Phew, I was starting to worry that I was the only one who doesn't vacuum multiple time per day! 😅

We have a mix of laminate floors and tiles. No kids and a non-shedding dog who gets his paws rinsed off after walks. We take our shoes off at the door and only wear socks or slippers inside.

Cleaner vacuums and mops whole house once a week. If I notice any dirty areas between her visits (mostly bits of garlic and onion skin on the kitchen floor, etc.), I'll grab the cordless vacuum cleaner and just do that area.

Reactions: 3
At least once a day...sometimes ends up being 3 or 4. Carpets we have show up everything and 10 mins after hoovering it looks like it hasn’t been done for a fortnight

• Wow
Before i got my cordless dyson, probably once a week when i did my big clean but with the cordless its so easy to just run it around at the end of the day everyday.

dyson is one of the best buys for sure!

Before i got my cordless dyson, probably once a week when i did my big clean but with the cordless its so easy to just run it around at the end of the day everyday.

dyson is one of the best buys for sure!
Thought that a cordless Shark would motivate me to vacuum more often.

It didn't. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Thought that a cordless Shark would motivate me to vacuum more often.

It didn't. 😂
to be fair if I didnt have my toddler I would probably not have the motivation to hoover everydah but at the end of the day there is so much crap on the floor that I wouldn’t be able to relax properly if I didnt hoover

Twice-daily ... we have dark rugs and carpets, four cats, and two very hairy dogs.

I actually really like doing the vacuuming.

Once a week. Could probably do it more often but it's just me and I don't mind wallowing in my own mess.

Reactions: 2
These cleaning threads on tattle always make me feel like I'm dirty 😂 or lazy. How tf do people manage to hoover multiple times a day or have energy for it...i barely manage once a week with working 8-10h day. I don't understand how people manage even every day, but multiple times?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I *want* to do it daily but in truth because it lives in a cupboard along with way too much other stuff and i hate the game of Jenga i need to play getting it in and out of said sodding cupboard it maybe happens about 3 times a week 😂😂

Reactions: 3
Two kids but no pets. I give the kitchen a going over everyday, sometimes twice a day depending on the cooking mess. Rest of the house maybe three times a week.