How much do you spend on your food shop?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Around £70 per week for two adults at Morrison’s. This includes toiletries and cleaning products etc too. We could get it lower but food is the one thing we’re happy to spend extra on

2 adults and 3 cats - £28 a week on their food and litter and usually £50 a week on our food, this includes cleaning items and my bfs lunches too...i dont do lunch at work and I meal plan and batch cook too. Mostly buy from Tesco as its right behind my work and B&M for the cat litter and food ect as its much cheaper than Tesco unless they have an offer on

I'd say about £55 per week for two adults and a doge. We usually go to ASDA

£200 a month for everything (toiletries/cleaning stuff/laundry stuff) except pet food/stuff for a family of 4 and I shop at aldi!

It varies as some weeks it’s just myself and OH, some weeks it’s 6 of us (2 kids each). When it’s just us it’s about £40 including wine, cleaning stuff etc. When it’s all of us it’s nearer £120. My kids have fairly small appetite, OH’s kids eat like beasts! 😂 We batch cook but always eat out at least once a week when it’s just us 2 and usually during the week when it’s 6 of us too. We shop at Tesco, Lidl and M&S.

Between £30 - £45 a week. It varies depending on other household needs - toiletries, cleaning/laundry products. I don’t bulk buy cleaning supplies, a few products last a while. We typically shop in Asda and Aldi. That’s feeding 4 of us following a meal plan, plus two cats.

We spend about £40 a week for 3 of us and a greedy cat. It varies where we shop from, but definitely spend less at Aldi when we go there.

A bleeping ridiculous amount from Tesco,

Anywhere between £80-£100 a week for two of us and that's with meal planning. Yesterday it was £105 and there are no lottery tickets, cigarettes or alcohol included in that either. It does include household stuff like soap powder, washing up liquid etc. And it is the only shop we do.

I'm trying to lose weight so I do buy the ready made Slim Fast shakes just for the mornings. I do buy a fair amount of meat and fresh vegetables each week as I batch cook a lot.

I cook the evening meal from scratch every week day day and make enough for my partner's lunch the next day. He works really long hours - leaves at 9am and gets in around 11pm - so he normally goes somewhere to get a sandwich around 7pm and then eats again when he gets in - he is not losing weight surprisingly!

He does the food shop at the weekend as I'm just not able to anymore (lifelong chronic illness) He won't do it online as he likes to feel the vegetables 🙄 and doesn't want to be traipsing around going to various places to save money either. It takes him long enough in one store!

I look at the receipt every week but I still have no idea why it's so expensive 🤷🏻‍♀️

I have a weekly budget of £60 & generally stick to that, sometimes it’ll creep up to £70 if I’m buying nappies & washing detergent as I buy big packs of both which last a while. Every now & then it’ll be as low as £50 but I do then usually start running low. I do an online shop at Asda & I find this helps to stick to a budget as I do go back through the trolley & remove things I might have put in without thinking or we’re above the budget. I sometimes pop to Morrisons for a little top up or if I want something specific for tea. I don’t meal plan but do stick to the same 10ish meals on repeat so I always kind of know what I need. I do like going to Aldi & stocking up on cheap things in there every 6 weeks or so too. This is for 2 adults & a picky toddler. I make my husbands lunch to take each day & I eat all my meals at home too. My son goes to nursery 2 days a week & gets his meals there.

About £100 a week from Ocado. Then I’d guess about £30 in top ups from Tesco local. That doesn’t include eating out, which depending on where we go could be double that and more 🙈

Reactions: 1
Between £50-£70. There are 3 of us and a dog. We usually shop in Aldi and then pick up a couple of bits in one of the other supermarkets

4 of us plus 2 cats so average around the £70-£80 a week. It would be less but I'm gluten intolerant so that bumps the cost up

Around £90 per week. Family of five, I cook from scratch always, and we eat meat and dairy. I meal plan and waste next to nothing... we buy a lot of fruit and veggies, and I try and buy as good quality meat as I can. We also have a milk man. I try and reduce our bill but it’s only really possible if we eat more processed food which I’m not happy to do. We never eat out (maybe twice a year if that)

Forgot to add I usually shop at Aldi but occasionally go to Tesco or Sainsbury’s if I fancy a change. If I do an online shop I use Ocado - much less subs.

Around £90 per week. Family of five, I cook from scratch always, and we eat meat and dairy. I meal plan and waste next to nothing... we buy a lot of fruit and veggies, and I try and buy as good quality meat as I can. We also have a milk man. I try and reduce our bill but it’s only really possible if we eat more processed food which I’m not happy to do. We never eat out (maybe twice a year if that)

Forgot to add I usually shop at Aldi but occasionally go to Tesco or Sainsbury’s if I fancy a change. If I do an online shop I use Ocado - much less subs.
A milk man that's quite rare now. Meal planning always helps to save money and waste.

We have a sainsburys delivery pass so usually get one delivery a week, tomorrow’s one is £47 but last weeks was £70 so it does vary. I would say an average is about £50 a week for 2 adults and a dog, although our dog has her own food delivery once a month for £36 so we only get her a few little bits in the household shop (not spoilt at all). We’ve only been in our house 6 months so I feel like we’re finally getting to grips with keeping it regular now that everything is ‘stocked up’ so to say. I am a veggie, husband just eats whatever I cook but he also works in a restaurant and gets dinner provided when he works evenings. I hate how much food we waste 😬

£30-50 and I throw half of it out🙈

Takeaway eating out addict here. Yes I know it's my new years resolution this year

A ridiculous amount considering there is only two of us and we have a penchant for M&S. That is going to stop right this minute after looking at my outgoings this last week purely on food. I'll still buy my loo roll and Worcester sauce crisps there of course, some things one can't do without 🤣. I need to get better at meal planning!
It will be the valentine's meal deal soon too 🤔

My budget in my head is 60 pounds a week for two adults at Sainsburies but that does include toiletries and cleaning products etc, so food probably comes to about 40 pounds. By the time I get to the till however... lol! I'm always over and always go shopping on a Friday night after work when I am hungry. I just like to have a full fridge for the weekend and not to have to bother shopping during the weekend itself. I need to be more firm with myself. I do have allergies so I end up paying a premium food some stuff, especially cereal and treats.

We are a family of six and spend around £250 a week. ( including nappies, toiletries etc) unless my husband is reading this then I spend max £175 😂🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 7
€100 for a family of 4. It includes nappies, wipes etc. We all bring a packed lunch every day so a large portion of the shop is spent on lunch items e.g. fruit, yogurts, salad, deli meats etc