How much do you spend on your food shop?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
2 adults and a toddler around £40-£50 a week in Aldi. Then usually top up of shop of milk bread etc in the week. Sometimes ends up being nearer £60 especially when we need nappies wipes washing/cleaning products etc but I try to space them out each week. Also try to avoid the middle isles as I’d end up spending a lot more 🙈

Reactions: 2
I’m about £90-£120 a week. Usually Sainsburys online as I hate going to Aldi and not getting everything I need. Going to two shops is frustrating.

We are a family of 3 and 1 dog. DD is pescatarian.

I meal plan but still can’t get it past the £90 mark. I cook from scratch too. It’s the bloody packed lunches I think make the bulk of it. I need to start making my own fruit leather and granola bars.

Reactions: 4
I don’t even want to calculate it. The only proper supermarket in town is Co Op which is pricey even though I buy a lot of cheap/orange sticker items. I tend to feel the need to ‘stock up’ so will always buy too much, working on this because it’s ridiculous. It’s so bad that I used to have 500 nappies in reserve!

I’m determined to start meal planning this year though, and I think I’ll start shopping in Lidl the next town over as it’s so cheap, even considering the expensive bus fare (I don’t have a car). A friend spends £15/week in Lidl for her and her kid, she’s my inspiration

Reactions: 3
Depends where I shop. I quite like our local Aldi so can have a trolley full of fruit and veg and other cupboard items and spend less than £50. I only really buy chicken or fish as don’t eat red meat.

If I shop in Waitrose it’s about £100 bit I tend to buy too much convenience food then like ready prepared stir fry veg or chicken with sauce on it in a foil tray.

I also go to Asda once a month to stock up on tins and cupboard items like ketchup and mayo. All the branded items I can’t get in Aldi.

I’d say for for the 4 of us I spend around £400 a month.

I have no idea how much I used to spend a week before but im sure it was easily over a £100 a week. I've now started meal planning and ordering online as I can't be trusted to go shop instore. I end up buying too much crap. I now have it at £40 a week for 1 adult 2 kids. I make pack lunches for me and my eldest and that also includes cleaning products, nappies etc

We buy our meat in bulk at the start of the month, to last the whole month ahead. But if I average that out and add it to our weekly shop it's about £65-70 a week. We are 2 adults 2 young children.
My hubby is a gym junkie though and buys his own food for work lunches, but sure what he spends but he buys alot of chicken and veg!
For me, meal planning massively helps. I never used to do it and would go round the shop grabbing pasta, jacket potatoes, tin tomatoes etc which wouldn't be used that week. Now I make a list on my phone and if it isn't on the meal plan I don't buy it .

I live alone, I spend about 30 to 50 pound every 2 weeks. I buy vegetables and fruits from market cost me 5 pounds a week. I use frozen meat which save lots of money.

1 adult, 2 teenagers,a 3 year old and my dog in our house.
We spend £50-60 a week on a budget week
when not budgeting £60-70 a week.

also silly small shops each week when kids want sweets movie nights or have friends over I can spend a extra £20-30.
I really need to get back on track with healthier food shop and budgeting more.
Think I'm going to have to put my foot down with the extra top up shops and just stick to one budget shop.
I currently shop online at asda and smaller shops Tesco and co OP need to start walking to aldi

I would say we spend about £200-£250 a week excluding pet food and nappies. I had a look at our last online shop and we brought around £85 of fruit, vegetables and salad. We don’t tend to buy a lot of convenience food and we don’t buy crisps or chocolate. I also don’t like freezer foods. I don’t know why but I’ve always been incredibly picky about how food is stored and prepared.

This is for 2 adults, 2 toddlers and a baby who is weaning.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
We spend £50-£70 per week from Tesco online. There’s 2 of us, and a dog.

This includes food, toiletries and cleaning products. Sometimes it is towards the higher end if we get a bottle of wine.

1 adult and 1 teenage adult. I changed to aldi a few months ago and I spend £40-60 a week including toiletries/cleaning products and alcohol. I’m vegetarian so I will sometimes go to Morrison’s for a couple of items I can’t get in Aldi but I usually only do this once a month and spend about £20. Previously I did a Tesco online shop and i struggled to get it under £70. A couple of years ago I never did a proper weekly shop and I’d pop to Morrison’s a few times a week for things I needed. I ended up being £100+ a week! I also to used to waste a lot of food but now I meal plan and do meal prep on Sundays and I never need to throw food out anymore

Between £50-70 a week from ASDA depending on what we need for 2 adults, 1 toddler and a cat. We spend at least £15 a week just on fruit so that always bumps the price up.

A lot. 3 adults (2 parents and our young adult daughter). We shop at Waitrose and spend about £200 per week.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
A ridiculous amount considering there is only two of us and we have a penchant for M&S. That is going to stop right this minute after looking at my outgoings this last week purely on food. I'll still buy my loo roll and Worcester sauce crisps there of course, some things one can't do without 🤣. I need to get better at meal planning!

• Haha
There’s 2 of us and I try to spend £25-30 a week - I also meal plan so that helps. At the moment I’ve gone off kilter though and had to do a big shop at the weekend and usually Monday is my food shop day so I need to get back in the swing haha

A lot. 3 adults (2 parents and our young adult daughter). We shop at Waitrose and spend about £200 per week.
We also have a cat and a large breed dog, I should probably have mentioned that. The dog has a chicken breast every day (keeps his bowels in check), so that adds to the cost. I don’t buy the main pet food from the supermarket though.

usually 80 a week, 2 adults,2kids. Lidl and tesco, simply because they are more convenient to home.

Reactions: 1