Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Idontcare34

We are a family of six and spend around £250 a week. ( including nappies, toiletries etc) unless my husband is reading this then I spend max £175 😂🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 7

bry800

£15-£20 a week - I live alone, I don’t eat meat at home & I take lunch to work also. I mainly shop at Aldi/Sainsburys and anything I can’t get from there I get from Waitrose as it’s within walking distance of work. I meal plan to avoid waste & one weekend a month I’ll batch cook a few meals for the freezer. This spend doesn’t include any cleaning/household products.

Reactions: 5

SunshineDreamer

Chatty Member
I would say we spend about £200-£250 a week excluding pet food and nappies. I had a look at our last online shop and we brought around £85 of fruit, vegetables and salad. We don’t tend to buy a lot of convenience food and we don’t buy crisps or chocolate. I also don’t like freezer foods. I don’t know why but I’ve always been incredibly picky about how food is stored and prepared.

This is for 2 adults, 2 toddlers and a baby who is weaning.

• Wow
Reactions: 4

lipsticktaser

VIP Member
I’m about £90-£120 a week. Usually Sainsburys online as I hate going to Aldi and not getting everything I need. Going to two shops is frustrating.

We are a family of 3 and 1 dog. DD is pescatarian.

I meal plan but still can’t get it past the £90 mark. I cook from scratch too. It’s the bloody packed lunches I think make the bulk of it. I need to start making my own fruit leather and granola bars.

Reactions: 4

Twinkle485

honestly we was about £130 a week in Tesco last year and getting 4/5 bags full (no joke)
I know shop locally butchers green grocer and for biscuits crisps I do Lidl and it’s not even £50 a week.

• Wow
Reactions: 3

Fin

Chatty Member
A ridiculous amount considering there is only two of us and we have a penchant for M&S. That is going to stop right this minute after looking at my outgoings this last week purely on food. I'll still buy my loo roll and Worcester sauce crisps there of course, some things one can't do without 🤣. I need to get better at meal planning!

• Haha

BananaRama

Chatty Member
4 person household here (2 growing teens!)
Used to be about £90-£120 a week. Now budgeting has kicked in we spend £60 a week on food plus £40-£60 a month on laundry/pet food & toiletries. We meal prep every Sunday and don’t waste anything nowadays like we used too. I shop online at ASDA so always within budget. Aldi is so dangerous for middle isle shit 😂

Lynseyp

VIP Member
I work for Tescos and get 10% off however from March/ April i will get 15% for a week after payday). I have 3 children and can easily spend £80 a week minus discount. As i work nights too we quite often get free food if its gone past its use by date and it hasnt been sold so we do save some money. I don't find any supermarket to be cheaper than others, every supermarket has items cheaper than their competitors.

I live alone, I spend about 30 to 50 pound every 2 weeks. I buy vegetables and fruits from market cost me 5 pounds a week. I use frozen meat which save lots of money.

chocolate choux

VIP Member
I don’t even want to calculate it. The only proper supermarket in town is Co Op which is pricey even though I buy a lot of cheap/orange sticker items. I tend to feel the need to ‘stock up’ so will always buy too much, working on this because it’s ridiculous. It’s so bad that I used to have 500 nappies in reserve!

I’m determined to start meal planning this year though, and I think I’ll start shopping in Lidl the next town over as it’s so cheap, even considering the expensive bus fare (I don’t have a car). A friend spends £15/week in Lidl for her and her kid, she’s my inspiration

GossipMongoose

VIP Member
A lot. 3 adults (2 parents and our young adult daughter). We shop at Waitrose and spend about £200 per week.

• Wow
Reactions: 2

cushtybert

VIP Member
A lot less now I’ve started meal planning, no more wasted food as well so it’s great. I mainly shop in Aldi or Lidl and spend approx £45 pounds a week for us all- forgot to say there’s 3 of us

Last edited:

Ellabella

VIP Member
This weekend alone we've spent £110 Ocado, £45 butchers, £20 Tesco and £90 pub lunch (and I went out for dinner Friday £30). This is why I will never have any savings!

• Haha

Jdottt13

2 adults and a toddler around £40-£50 a week in Aldi. Then usually top up of shop of milk bread etc in the week. Sometimes ends up being nearer £60 especially when we need nappies wipes washing/cleaning products etc but I try to space them out each week. Also try to avoid the middle isles as I’d end up spending a lot more 🙈

JellyWobbles

VIP Member
I shop online it ranges between £80-£100, and then a £20 top up in the week.
I know it could be significantly less but my husband is a brand whore 🙄

edit to add that I shop at Tesco’s but I do Waitrose when they send coupons! We’re a family of four and a cat 🐈

• Haha

emmer_moans

VIP Member
My budget in my head is 60 pounds a week for two adults at Sainsburies but that does include toiletries and cleaning products etc, so food probably comes to about 40 pounds. By the time I get to the till however... lol! I'm always over and always go shopping on a Friday night after work when I am hungry. I just like to have a full fridge for the weekend and not to have to bother shopping during the weekend itself. I need to be more firm with myself. I do have allergies so I end up paying a premium food some stuff, especially cereal and treats.

Reactions: 1

Corky

usually 80 a week, 2 adults,2kids. Lidl and tesco, simply because they are more convenient to home.

Reactions: 1