How much do you spend on shampoo and conditioner?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Resurrecting this rather than starting a new thread to ask, did anyone find their hair became more greasy once using shampoo bars? And I’m not just talking to initial transition period, I’ve used bars for about 6 months and in the last month or so the back of my head has been greasy when I’ve blow dried. At first I assumed it’s some sort of build up but I’ve made sure I’m washing the product out completely and I’m careful to only use the conditioner in the length of my hair and not the roots 😒
I only used shampoo bar once and had the same thing and returned back to normal shampoo. I used Lush shampoo bar and it was so greasy, it almost looks like 'clump'. I am using the Ginger shampoo from Body Shop now

Reactions: 1
The ones I have are from a plastic free shop local to me. Maybe I need to try a few more until I find one that works for my hair type, I’ve got very thick and straight hair that I only washed every 5 days when I was using Bedhead. I’m so lazy when it comes to hair care!

I always used to use just supermarket shampoo but good brands such as John Frieda and Frizz ease but once started getting my hair bleached high lights I use proper salon shampoo now and I wouldn't look back. It is by far so much better for your hair. I use Redken mega soft which is amazing for dry hair. Yesit kills me to spend so much on it but it's so kuch better than cheap shampoo conditioner.

Reactions: 2
I bought the banana shampoo and conditioner from the Body Shop after seeing all the positive reviews, but I'm really not impressed. I think it's made my hair drier! 😕

• Sad
I bought the banana shampoo and conditioner from the Body Shop after seeing all the positive reviews, but I'm really not impressed. I think it's made my hair drier! 😕
Likewise! I gave it a whirl too but it's all disappointing. Makes my hair dry and tangly.

I recently went blonde so I've invested in some 'good' shampoo - I use Maria Nila colour, L'oreal Professional Serie Expert Colour and Pureology Hydrate. I mix it up as I find my hair can get a build-up if I use the same shampoo/conditioner. I use a purple shampoo once a week to keep away warm tones (Maria Nila Silver). I've heard good things about the L'oreal Elvive Purple Shampoo which is on offer in Boots at the moment.

Reactions: 3
I tried the banana shampoo and conditioner years ago and whatever the hell it did it felt like my scalp was on fire.

I do use the ginger shampoo from the body shop and it’s wonderful.

As little as possible but alot of stuff makes my hair dry, but then greasy at the roots within 2 days soo I've stuck to tresemme for a while as it seems to be alright. When I have more of a disposable income, I'd like to try some more high end stuff.

Can anyone recommend me a good shampoo
please? I have really thick, straight hair, my scalp is a quite dry though but just looking for a great shampoo to try! I don’t mind something expensive if it’s amazing :)

TIA x

€15 each for the shampoo and conditioner. Then €10 for a hair mask, €8 for blow dry heat protect spray & €12 for the curl hold

I use Kerastase shampoo and conditioner or Maui Moisture. Kerastase is expensive, about £45 for both. Maui Moisture you can buy in Boots and most supermarkets but it’s still £9 a bottle.

I don’t use sulfates or silicones on my hair so I spend more. You get what you pay for. Cheap shampoo is full of crap
This is not directly true...I don’t care how much I spend on hair products but always look at ingredients. I used to spend over £300 on my hair a month but after dipping in and out of the curly girl method I currently use a £1 shampoo and conditioner that works for me which is sulphate and silicone free... Price doesn’t always mean quality...

This is not directly true...I don’t care how much I spend on hair products but always look at ingredients. I used to spend over £300 on my hair a month but after dipping in and out of the curly girl method I currently use a £1 shampoo and conditioner that works for me which is sulphate and silicone free... Price doesn’t always mean quality...
Price means quality ingredients, innovation, research. It is directly true that cheap shampoo is full of crap. If it works for you that’s great but the ingredients are terrible.

What shampoo and conditioner is it you use?

Lidls take of the Aussie brand, 99p each for shampoo and a conditioner, am a cheapskate!!!!

• Haha
I use Wella Luxe oil products, have used them for years. Yes, they are expensive, but they work for my hair and I wouldn’t use anything else now.

I use whatever shampoo is on offer that is right for my hair type, at the moment I'm using an Aldi one for coloured hair but my hairdresser recommended I use Joico intense hydrator because my hair was suffering from years of bleaching. I also use olaplex no. 3. Both products are worth it in my opinion

I use Mane and Tail shampoo. It is around £3.50 a bottle from a local afro hair shop (I do not have afro hair but it is where I usually see it stocked, often cheaper than online). It's great, works better for my hair than more expensive brands. It made my hair grow thick and fast. It is reported it is actually the shampoo that is raved about rather than the conditioner. I can confirm as I have never used the conditioner.

For conditioner I use the Elvive thickening conditioner in the teal and pink bottle. My hair has improved drastically. Again around £3.50-£4 a bottle.

I also have Loreal Keratese that I sometimes use if I have the time. I cant remember how much it cost but it wasnt cheap.

I also use a leave in conditioner on my ends. Currently the Phil Smith Coconut leave in conditioner. I got several full size bottles which were in a discontinued range sale for only 20p a full sized bottle.

Reactions: 3
For conditioner I use the Elvive thickening conditioner in the teal and pink bottle. My hair has improved drastically. Again around £3.50-£4 a bottle.
Is that the Fibrology one? I use that too. It's very good. There's a pharmacy near me that often has the 700ml one on offer for £3.50. It lasts absolutely ages.