How much do you spend on food per week?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Been sending my partner to Aldi with a list. He only gets what is on the list and saving us about a tenner a week. He doesn't browse like I do and think oooh let's try that 😂
Comes back with marshmallow bites though so he's a keeper
Yes I'm the same its the snacks that shoot my bill up but I love a little sweet treat 😊

Reactions: 2
Not a weeks shopping or even close but I've just been to Sainsburys and bought the following

1 med pineapple
4 ripe and ready kiwis
4 bananas
1 red cabbage
1 cauliflower
1 sweet potato
pack of boil in the bag jasmine rice
1 ball of mozzarella
1 pack of sliced chorizo (33 slices?)
a 6 pack of yorkshire puddings
£7.71
which I don't think is too bad and shows it isn't too expensive to buy fruit and veg as long as it isn't soft fruit.

Reactions: 4
Not a weeks shopping or even close but I've just been to Sainsburys and bought the following

1 med pineapple
4 ripe and ready kiwis
4 bananas
1 red cabbage
1 cauliflower
1 sweet potato
pack of boil in the bag jasmine rice
1 ball of mozzarella
1 pack of sliced chorizo (33 slices?)
a 6 pack of yorkshire puddings
£7.71
which I don't think is too bad and shows it isn't too expensive to buy fruit and veg as long as it isn't soft fruit.
Wow that seems very cheap!

I've found myself spending less in total when I go shopping because I'm not picking up as many treaty bits as often, because the prices are just getting silly and I just don't find the value in then. And I'm trying to make the effort to go to places like Farmfoods/Home Bargains a bit more often for things I know they do at good prices. And I'm stopping myself popping in on the way home from work for bits.

And I am more willing to trade down to value ranges or from branded to store brand etc. Only thing I don't trade down on is Pepsi Max, anything else is up for trying a cheaper option. Never had cola that tastes as good as Pepsi Max, unless anyone has any recommendations.

We’ve spent £111.40 this week 😨. This includes 6 bottles of wine because they’re on offer, oils, and the ingredients for a 3 course meal I am cooking on Sunday so I suppose not that bad. Can’t believe vanilla pods are £6 for 2 pods!

We’re going to Costco for loo roll, teabags and Pepsi max later though

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I've found myself spending less in total when I go shopping because I'm not picking up as many treaty bits as often, because the prices are just getting silly and I just don't find the value in then. And I'm trying to make the effort to go to places like Farmfoods/Home Bargains a bit more often for things I know they do at good prices. And I'm stopping myself popping in on the way home from work for bits.

And I am more willing to trade down to value ranges or from branded to store brand etc. Only thing I don't trade down on is Pepsi Max, anything else is up for trying a cheaper option. Never had cola that tastes as good as Pepsi Max, unless anyone has any recommendations.
same about Pepsi max! I get the 24 packs from Iceland. I got 4 24 packs for £32. Sounds insane but I only drink 1 can a day so 96 cans for £32 is something I’m willing to pay

I’ve just done a month buying and living on what our church give in a weekly food bank bag for a couple. Had to buy bread (2 loaves for the week) but menu not as dull as I thought. We give approx £35 worth of food, including veg and a portion of mince or chicken, cheese, butter and eggs fortnightly. Most of the parcel probably not what I’d ever buy. I have lots of pasta left over but the Maharajah and I quite surprised at what could be done. Wouldn’t like to live on it every week for months, though.

• Heart
We’ve spent £111.40 this week 😨. This includes 6 bottles of wine because they’re on offer, oils, and the ingredients for a 3 course meal I am cooking on Sunday so I suppose not that bad. Can’t believe vanilla pods are £6 for 2 pods!

We’re going to Costco for loo roll, teabags and Pepsi max later though
I get vanilla pods at Costco. If you use a lot of them anyway!

I tend to run out of everything at once and those weeks are expensive 😂
Normally about £50 or so per week in Aldi. I also have to go to Iceland and Tesco for bits that I can’t get in Aldi.

I go to Costco once a week for a big pack of sparkling water (I don’t drink anything else apart from one decaf coffee a day and the odd can of sugar free Tango) we also buy our laundry liquitabs there (we do an awful lot of washing. Way too much 😂we go through 120 liquitabs in about a month and a half) and husband’s pasta and Nando’s sauce that he takes to work. Husband also buys his muesli there as it’s cheaper than Tesco and I buy a drum of decaf Kenco there once a year. Husband also adores their Wookey Hole cheddar but a great big block doesn’t last long 😂my job doesn’t have many perks but Costco is definitely one- I mainly joined so husband could get cheapo petrol but it’s definitely benefited us in other ways too.

• Heart
I spend more for one than some families of four on this thread. Is anyone else the same? I don’t buy extravagant stuff and love a Clubcard yellow sticker but wow, this thread makes me feel like I’m splurging with nothing to show for it. Maybe it’s because I try not to buy clothes so I’m substituting with condiments 🤷🏼‍♀️ I’m determined to get through what I have in my cupboard this month as it looks like a corner shop but will still need perishables etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
About £80 now. Used to be about 55 in Aldi. Think I’ve posted this before cent remember lol

Was in M&S tonight after 4 weeks on voluntary food bank rations (see above). It was like Aladdin’s cave! Never thought I could get excited about a nice crusty loaf, some unsalted butter, and runny cheese….

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I get vanilla pods at Costco. If you use a lot of them anyway!
My cheesecake turned out amazing and I want to make more so I will definitely check that out!

Do you meal plan your lunches or just dinners?
We only plan dinners properly. Quite often the recipe serves 4 so we take leftovers for lunch, if not we do buy bits and bobs so lunch might be something like salad, soup, sandwiches etc

Last week we spent £64.37
This week £47.67 but we’re out for 2 meals and we will be next week too.

Attachments

• Heart
Do you meal plan your lunches or just dinners?
I do. Not down to a T but definitely a bit. Shopping day I always buy a rotisserie chicken so know it’s some sort of wrap/sandwich/bagel concoction.
then I take my lunch to work so do the kids for school and husband. I’ll usually plan a hot lunch for the kids for atleast 2 days and I always take either soup/salad/sandwich so i buy Whatever veg needed to make soup

Another who doesnt plan lunches. We are both retired so we grab something light when we are out and about or get a sandwich from supermarket. Sometimes we return home and have cheese on toast or a bowl of soup