How much do you spend on food per week?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mainly WFH so I do try and plan my lunches a bit in that we've always got beans, eggs and bread and my lunch tends to be some "on toast" concoction

Reactions: 1
We spend around £90 a week on average on food - when I say food, I'm taking into account - kitchen/bathroom stuff too. I suppose if I took cleaning supplies, toilet roll, alcohol out of it then it would probably be around £50 on actual food. We spend a good amount on meat and Juice (water,diet coke, luzoade, cartons of fruit juice). There is literally only 2 of us in the house too but we mainly do all our shopping in Tesco with a handful of things in M&S and I do notice how much Tesco has jumped in prices recently.

This was shared in another thread, I thought it may be of some interest here.

IMG_7761.jpeg

*have not fact checked this myself

I’ve been doing a bad job of keeping track of how much I’m spending each week. Just done a quick tot up and it’s probably about £60 per week for March. It was about £50 March last year so I feel pretty good about that. That’s for food and a few household items here and there. No alcohol / soft drinks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Honestly too much. Ive commented before but its definitely increased. Family of 4 and Id say easily £600-£700 per month. If you add in occasional takeaway, school dinners etc. Itl be more.

We are both due pay rises in April but its just a slight relief against all the rising bills. Helping combat it somewhat but not covering the full increase. 🤷‍♀️

• Heart