How much do you save?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am 26 single and still live at home, earn just short of £1,400 a month so want to save at least £500. This is the first year I am debt free and can put my money into savings

Reactions: 7
I save £150 per month in savings account, £60 per month for Christmas, I save all £2 coins I get for Christmas too. Any money leftover after shopping and bills goes towards holidays. Any left after that just stays in my account and usually gets spent on nonsense, I need to be more responsible because I could save more than I do.

Reactions: 4
EXACTLY!!! Why not just abstain from commenting then, how bizarre
To make everyone who has commented, to feel bad/guilty. No one should feel bad about how much they can save - whether that be nothing, £5 a month or £2000 a month. Everyone has different circumstances. Just because I save quite a bit now I know I won't always be so lucky to. I'm not in a well paid job either. It takes a lot of 'going without' for me to save money.. I'm far from rich!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
To make everyone who has commented, to feel bad/guilty. No one should feel bad about how much they can save - whether that be nothing, £5 a month or £2000 a month. Everyone has different circumstances. Just because I save quite a bit now I know I won't always be so lucky to. I'm not in a well paid job either. It takes a lot of 'going without' for me to save money.. I'm far from rich!
THIS!!!! I save quite a bit but we don’t go out to restaurants every night, I’m not saving for anything special but I know there might be a time when I can’t save.

THIS!!!! I save quite a bit but we don’t go out to restaurants every night, I’m not saving for anything special but I know there might be a time when I can’t save.
:)
Yeah, it definitely helps that my husband and I are both very much homebodies - we do go out when invited but we really just enjoy being at home in the evening!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I'm aiming for 20% each month if/when I can. I want a house but it seems to far out of reach :( I am in the North already

Reactions: 2
Absolutely nothing

I pay all my bills and childcare fees the day I get paid and have nothing left for the month.

My nan died this month and I don't even know if I have the money to get flowers for the funeral

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Absolutely nothing

I pay all my bills and childcare fees the day I get paid and have nothing left for the month.

My nan died this month and I don't even know if I have the money to get flowers for the funeral
So sorry to hear about your Nan passing away x

• Heart
Absolutely nothing

my childcare fees eat up so much of our outgoings too, roll on the 30 free hours! Then I feel bad for wishing my daughters babyhood away

sorry about your nan x

my childcare fees eat up so much of our outgoings too, roll on the 30 free hours! Then I feel bad for wishing my daughters babyhood away

sorry about your nan x
Can't wait until the 30 hours start. When I go back to work I'll be paying for 2 lots and I don't know how I'm going to do it.
Even with sibling discount and using tax free childcare I'll be left earning £6 a day at work. Just got to scrape by for 4-5 months till the free hours start

Thank you x

Reactions: 1
Can't wait until the 30 hours start. When I go back to work I'll be paying for 2 lots and I don't know how I'm going to do it.
Even with sibling discount and using tax free childcare I'll be left earning £6 a day at work. Just got to scrape by for 4-5 months till the free hours start

Thank you x
£6 a day? Sorry to sound stupid here but I don’t have kids, is childcare that expensive?

£6 a day? Sorry to sound stupid here but I don’t have kids, is childcare that expensive?
The nursery we use is actually pretty reasonable, it's £37 a day. A lot can be £50+

But once my second goes, I get a 10% sibling discount. Then I use the tax free childcare account which gives you £2 for every £8 you pay in so I'll be paying roughly £56 a day (assuming my maths is right)
And my salary works out roughly £62 a day

• Wow
Yea
yes, it is very expensive, my nursery is 42 a day, she goes four days a week, but I am in the north and that’s actually very cheap compared to elsewhere in the country
We are actually priced out of having a second child because we can’t afford childcare for two children and by time my little girl doesn’t need the childcare I’ll be too old

Yes childcare is so expensive before receiving the 30hours free I would have to pay £900 for nursery and £200 for school clubs for my eldest. ( I've just rounded the numbers to the nearest hundred) even now with the 30 hours I still have to pay £400 as the 30 hours only covers 4 days I believe or maybe 3 and doesn't include meals plus I have to pay extra to drop my child off early. Thankfully I work term time so don't have to pay extra to cover the holidays.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
We *try to save £1000 a month - long term project is for a kitchen extension in a couple of years, we’ll also dip into this pot for holidays.

It varies. Sometimes only £20 per month if I have loads of outgoings (tax bill, holiday to be paid for etc). Other times it can be £500 if I spend the month at home doing nothing after work. My partner usually saves around £500 per month.

My husband and I both save £200 a month in to a help to buy ISA. We save £50 a month into each child's account and £100 a month in to our joint savings account for emergencies!

So about £500. Some months we put more in, depending on how much we've worked!

Reactions: 3