How much do you save?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe £50 a month but I’ve always been a spender rather than a saver. I won’t save unless it’s for something specific

Reactions: 2
Ha ok well up until recently we saved probably about £5k a month. But that will stop once We eventually get made redundant.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Live alone with a mortgage so Atm I only manage to save £150 a month and about £350 on credit cards (had to buy a car for my commute to work) and £200 student loan will be paid off in 9 months so fingers crossed can save £500 a month by next Jan (for a bigger mortgage with partner)

£200 on standing order
£60 on standing order for my 10yr old
This time next year I will be able to save £340 for myself a month after my Credit card has been paid off

£300 a month, it's not enough considering we rinsed our savings a couple of years ago for an emergency bathroom replacement and again to top up when I changed jobs to something that cut our childcare costs down to almost nothing and had to wait to start. Short term pain for long term gain!
But we're blessed to be able to do even that small amount. And blessed to have our modest home to be safe and warm in. I'll take it. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
We now put £500 away for each of our three children each month and then we put about £1000 into a joint account. I would necessarily say we save as we have the luxury of being quite comfortable financing but the money we put into the account from our salaries means we don’t have to touch our saved funds (if that makes sense)

Currently saving about £5K a month in various accounts.
we have a big saver account where most of if it goes and then I have a savings specifically for the vehicles and one for holiday spending money.
Luckily our mortgaged is paid as we scrimped and scraped when we were younger. Now we blow some of it on frivolous things.
This might sound stupid but since our disposable income increased I don’t enjoy things as much as I used to. Don’t get me wrong I am super grateful for our lifestyle, especially as it affords us to look after both sides of the family, but there was more joy in buying things when you’ve had to save up for it.

Reactions: 7
Currently saving about £5K a month in various accounts.
we have a big saver account where most of if it goes and then I have a savings specifically for the vehicles and one for holiday spending money.
Luckily our mortgaged is paid as we scrimped and scraped when we were younger. Now we blow some of it on frivolous things.
This might sound stupid but since our disposable income increased I don’t enjoy things as much as I used to. Don’t get me wrong I am super grateful for our lifestyle, especially as it affords us to look after both sides of the family, but there was more joy in buying things when you’ve had to save up for it.
Send me your disposable income and you can save for things and enjoy them again? Win win right? 😜 I jest.

As with others - I’m very lucky to live at my mum’s rent free so I put about 1/3 of my monthly salary in various accounts.

One thing I regret so much is not saving more when I lived at home fancy free lol
If I could go back now I’d save a minimum of half my wage... I clearly had too much fun can’t even remember where it all used to go 🤷🏻‍♀️
now I’m lucky if I can put away £50 a month
Hindsight is a wonderful thing 🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Currently nothing really as I have a small income. I try to save here and there but something always comes up and any savings disappear with an unexpected cost

I have a decent sized savings cushion in my bank account that I don’t like to dip under, but I’m struggling to add to it. I couldn’t deal with the stress of having only a few pounds left until payday and I feel lucky that I don’t have to be in that situation. Recently discovered the money savvy community on Instagram though so hoping to start saving more 👀

£200 a month but wish I could save more.

I heard you should have at least 3 months worth of wages saved up.

We save at least £1200 a month, but this generally will go to overpay the mortgage, as I dream of being mortgage free in our 30s.

I put £500 a month into joint savings (as does my husband), but zero personal savings for me as any disposable income that I have left over is currently paying off my credit cards. 😓

Really want to get my debt paid off this year so that I can start building up a personal nest egg and increase my pension contributions.

I’m 25 and currently still living at home saving for a deposit. I only pay minimal rent (£500 a month including all bills, food, council tax etc.) and so try to save £1000 each month and then have about £300 disposable to spend and enjoy. Getting close to my own house now but part of me doesn’t want to leave!

Reactions: 4
I’m 25 and currently still living at home saving for a deposit. I only pay minimal rent (£500 a month including all bills, food, council tax etc.) and so try to save £1000 each month and then have about £300 disposable to spend and enjoy. Getting close to my own house now but part of me doesn’t want to leave!
I keep looking at houses but I have it so good here it’s going to be a big change 😂

Me and my boyfriend are currently saving £500 a month each to be able to do some home and garden renovations in the summer, and possibly a little holiday. We both will need a new (to us) car sometime in the future as we both drive bangers. Neither of us put any value on cars and just use them as metal work horses! I don't care about paying off the mortgage, if something happens we will just sell the house and get something smaller. I was very ill and nearly died a few years ago and it changed my outlook on life. I tend to have short term goals and take it from there! 😉😊

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I keep looking at houses but I have it so good here it’s going to be a big change 😂
the first night after I moved out of home, I literally cried my eyes out that I wasn’t going to ever live at home again 😂😂
Hit me like a tonne of bricks, but safe to say that feeling only lasted a few days lol

• Heart