Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

spiderpig

Absolutely nothing. Lucky if I still have Ā£1 to my name the week after payday.

• Sad
Reactions: 14

Yoghurtpots

VIP Member
Easy as the title suggests. How much are you saving? Iā€™m 33 and left a good job in the UK to move abroad for my husband. I now live in a non English speaking country and while I know the language itā€™s not good enough for a high up job so to speak. So with his job and my (low pay) job, we are managing to save about Ā£800- Ā£1000 a month. Is this pretty similar to others? I have no idea. We try to live off his wages and save mine. I always feel like this isnā€™t enough for people our age. Please let me know where youā€™re up to. Iā€™m curious!
Most people are in debt so -minus every month. I'd say you are doing well šŸ‘

Reactions: 12

Lyds26

I'm 24 and earn around 1,400 each month. Have been saving Ā£50 per month but realised how completely shit that is compared to what I earn so aiming for Ā£300 this month (y)
I wish I had started saving more at your age, you definitely wonā€™t regret it! Mine used to be wasted on buying lunch everyday. My mum would make me a sandwich and Iā€™d always throw it away. Now I live abroad Iā€™d give anything to have some homemade food by my mum.

Reactions: 8

Chickentikka

Why do people not want to say how much they save because it will reveal who they are? My sleuthing skills are obviously not very good. Lol

I save Ā£700 a month, straight out on payday. Move my ā€˜disposableā€™ income to a different account and leave enough in my main bank account for all my direct debits / bills. Iā€™m fortunate enough to still live at home for free, which I know makes it much easier than for most.

• Heart

LLJ

I'm 24 and earn around 1,400 each month. Have been saving Ā£50 per month but realised how completely shit that is compared to what I earn so aiming for Ā£300 this month (y)

LS932

I am 26 single and still live at home, earn just short of Ā£1,400 a month so want to save at least Ā£500. This is the first year I am debt free and can put my money into savings

Reactions: 7
Currently saving about Ā£5K a month in various accounts.
we have a big saver account where most of if it goes and then I have a savings specifically for the vehicles and one for holiday spending money.
Luckily our mortgaged is paid as we scrimped and scraped when we were younger. Now we blow some of it on frivolous things.
This might sound stupid but since our disposable income increased I donā€™t enjoy things as much as I used to. Donā€™t get me wrong I am super grateful for our lifestyle, especially as it affords us to look after both sides of the family, but there was more joy in buying things when youā€™ve had to save up for it.

EyeSpy88

VIP Member
One thing I regret so much is not saving more when I lived at home fancy free lol
If I could go back now Iā€™d save a minimum of half my wage... I clearly had too much fun canā€™t even remember where it all used to go šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
now Iā€™m lucky if I can put away Ā£50 a month
Hindsight is a wonderful thing šŸ™ƒ

• Heart

CrazyCatLady101

nothing at all!! my bf loves to spend! but ive told him this year is a saving year. I play on saving Ā£400 a month but this is all out spare money after bills ect. I have allowed for Ā£40 each a month spare but I can see him spending my Ā£40 as well as his, I never spend money on myself EVER. its always the house, him or the cats my money goes on but I want to have a fund in place for car emergencies, if one of us is off sick from work(we don't get sick pay) ect x

Reactions: 6

Spinidge

VIP Member
Me and my boyfriend are currently saving Ā£500 a month each to be able to do some home and garden renovations in the summer, and possibly a little holiday. We both will need a new (to us) car sometime in the future as we both drive bangers. Neither of us put any value on cars and just use them as metal work horses! I don't care about paying off the mortgage, if something happens we will just sell the house and get something smaller. I was very ill and nearly died a few years ago and it changed my outlook on life. I tend to have short term goals and take it from there! šŸ˜‰šŸ˜Š

• Heart

Orange Creme

VIP Member
I saved Ā£20 this month and was so pleased with myself! But now my daughters school bag has broken and I'm trying not to get it back out of my savings šŸ˜­

• Sad

Not fussed

Chatty Member
Absolutely nothing

I pay all my bills and childcare fees the day I get paid and have nothing left for the month.

My nan died this month and I don't even know if I have the money to get flowers for the funeral

• Sad
Reactions: 5

Skyeball

Chatty Member
Ā£300 a month, it's not enough considering we rinsed our savings a couple of years ago for an emergency bathroom replacement and again to top up when I changed jobs to something that cut our childcare costs down to almost nothing and had to wait to start. Short term pain for long term gain!
But we're blessed to be able to do even that small amount. And blessed to have our modest home to be safe and warm in. I'll take it. ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 5

IrishName

VIP Member
We are mortgage free. Best feeling in the world. SECURITY.
This is what I canā€™t wait for.
We are very sadly about to lose a relative and will inherit money from him, he has told us to ā€œstuff it in the bloody mortgage, it will feel amazingā€, bless him.

Reactions: 4

Laura12345

We save Ā£1500 a month, my husband earns a very good wage in a full time job and I am part time.

• Heart
Reactions: 4