How many languages do you speak?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Which English words do you use? And which language is your first?
English is my first language and welsh is my second. I'm not 100% fluent in welsh but the area i'm from its quite common for people to throw in welsh words. It's usually things like people saying the time in English rather than welsh or English words for food etc

Reactions: 1
(Swiss)German, Portuguese, French, English, Spanish. I understand Italian as it's so similar to the others but I don't speak it. And I can read / speak a few sentences in Greek.

English. I'm Irish and have a 'cúpla focal' ('couple of words' in Irish). I talk awful shite when drunk and I'm positive that's another language. So I'm gonna say I speak two and a half languages

• Haha
English native and German fluent. Loved my German GCSE so much I took it to degree level and lived there for 6 years. Can read and speak basic Greek thanks to an ex and am obsessed with Turkish for some reason.

By the way anyone here do Latin at school? Remember the characters in that textbook and the random storylines 😆

I’m trying to learn some Romanian at the moment. We had some Romanian children start at the school I work at and they have been in my bubble during lockdown - they have astounded me with how amazingly they are picking up English so I thought I’d try and pick up some basic Romanian - just doing Duolingo and with a little help from them! I’m actually really enjoying it.

Reactions: 3
Welsh and English here, I didn’t learn to speak Welsh until I started primary school then all
My education including university was through the medium of Welsh. I now teach in a second language welsh school! I can also get by with conversational french and German. I always wanted to be a French teacher but as I didn’t get an A* at GCSE I wasn’t allowed to take it for A level so think that’s how I ended up as a primary teacher! My children are completely bilingual, we get some strange looks on holiday for our mixed conversations as we converse in both easily - I speak Welsh with my children and my husband speaks English and they switch languages depending on who they are speaking too!

English and Wenglish (Welsh with english words thrown in)
Wenglish is an amazing language 😂

English native and German fluent. Loved my German GCSE so much I took it to degree level and lived there for 6 years. Can read and speak basic Greek thanks to an ex and am obsessed with Turkish for some reason.

By the way anyone here do Latin at school? Remember the characters in that textbook and the random storylines 😆

The ones with caecelius?! (Ignore my atrocious spelling ) the only piece of Latin I r,ember now was how to say “caecelius est in horto” . Life changing 😡