How long is your commute?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sometimes when I wake up at 5.30am and it's dark and cold, I feel like the only person in the world that has a long commute. So I want to bond with fellow long commuters.

How long is yours, or how long was your longest ever one? Over the past 10 years, these have been mine (time is one way only)

Job 1) 10 minute drive (I was so lucky! :oops:)
Job 2) 35 min drive, 25 min train, 10 min walk
Job 3) 1 hour drive
Job 4) 35 min drive
Job 5) 45 min drive, 20 min train, 10 min walk

Eternally jealous of anyone that travels less than 30 mins, or can walk to work!

Reactions: 5

Yel

2 days a week 1.5-2 hour drive there and back, 3 days a week at home

In an ideal world I'd be a 20-30min walk to work everyday as it's so nice to have that separation of work from home and a walk each morning and night to unwind a bit. Can't stand driving and would rather get a Train or bus to work, but not practical.

I'm still studying and I complain when I have to travel 35 mins to the other hospital, but when I worked in a pharmacy part time it was literally less than a 6 mins walk away.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
2 days a week 1.5-2 hour drive there and back, 3 days a week at home

In an ideal world I'd be a 20-30min walk to work everyday as it's so nice to have that separation of work from home and a walk each morning and night to unwind a bit. Can't stand driving and would rather get a Train or bus to work, but not practical.
I enjoy driving and I dont like to walk in the dark, but it would be nice to never have to worry about traffic and weather

Job 1 - half an hour drive, but then I moved, and it took around an hour
Job 2 - an hour on a good day, even though it was closer, hated it and left after one month
Current Job - 20 minute drive, quicker on the way back! :)

• Heart

Yel

I enjoy driving and I dont like to walk in the dark, but it would be nice to never have to worry about traffic and weather
I don't mind driving if it's clear, what I hate is the lack of control over things. They keep digging up a road near me and seemingly having one guy doing something and 8 chatting, causing huge backups with the temp traffic lights. At least with walking you know exactly when you will get there

I get dropped off/picked up which means only 10 or so minutes in the car. I walk in the summer though and that’s about 45 minutes - hour depending on how fast I walk

Sometimes when I wake up at 5.30am and it's dark and cold, I feel like the only person in the world that has a long commute. So I want to bond with fellow long commuters.

How long is yours, or how long was your longest ever one? Over the past 10 years, these have been mine (time is one way only)

Job 1) 10 minute drive (I was so lucky! :oops:)
Job 2) 35 min drive, 25 min train, 10 min walk
Job 3) 1 hour drive
Job 4) 35 min drive
Job 5) 45 min drive, 20 min train, 10 min walk

Eternally jealous of anyone that travels less than 30 mins, or can walk to work!
My partner leaves for work around 5:30/6. It is about a 25 min commute. He works from the til about 5:30pm. Coming home, the commute can be 40+ mins.

I work from home - office next to my bedroom. If I have to go into work, at most once a month, it’s a 15 minute drive.

So at the moment I leave at 6:15 and arrive at work at like 7:55.
So it is 10 minutes walk, 20 minute bus, 25 minute wait in town, 25 minute train and then a 15 minute walk. I think?

Then home I leave work at like 4:55, 15 minute walk, 25 minute train, 5 minute wait 25 minute train and then 10 minute walk so I get home at like 6:30.

It is a bit of a killer but I use the time to get stuff done. And twice a week I can leave earlier. But tbh my previous job was just as bad I just got an extra half hour in bed I’m the morning so 🤷‍♀️

• Sad
15 mins walk. We moved to this area mainly for that as I don't drive and it was 2 buses before.

My first job was a 25 minute drive. When it snowed once it took me 2 hours to get in!

Second job was a half hour bus ride.

Job 1 was an hour walk, no public transport available and I didn't drive
Job 2 I was up at 515am and left house at 6am, 25min train ride and 10mins walk each way
Job 3 I work from the car but if I need to go to base it's a 10 min drive from home

Couldn't go back to the 515am wake ups again. Only been in job 3 since the new year

So at the moment I leave at 6:15 and arrive at work at like 7:55.
So it is 10 minutes walk, 20 minute bus, 25 minute wait in town, 25 minute train and then a 15 minute walk. I think?

Then home I leave work at like 4:55, 15 minute walk, 25 minute train, 5 minute wait 25 minute train and then 10 minute walk so I get home at like 6:30.

It is a bit of a killer but I use the time to get stuff done. And twice a week I can leave earlier. But tbh my previous job was just as bad I just got an extra half hour in bed I’m the morning so 🤷‍♀️
not sure I could deal with that 25 minute wait! Unless it was indoors. My train station hasn’t got an indoors

5 min walk to the station & then 35 mins on tube - depending on whether the central line decides to work 😬

20ish min drive to work
Shortest was less than 10mins drive and the roads were quiet before starting/after finishing.
Longest was minimum 40 minute drive could take up to 1.5 hours depending on traffic and whether I was early, back or night shift