How long is your commute?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
First job was about 12 mins commute - I used to do night so it was a lot faster getting there than back.
Current job: 2 days a week its an hour commute on motorway (which can turn in to 2 depending on traffic) and 3 days a week its 40 mins - both during school rush/peak times.

I don't mind the morning drive tbh, gives me a chance to wake up a bit, organise my day mentally and sing to myself lol

Used to be over an hour, sometimes 2 with signal failures despite living only a few miles from central London. Thanks BR. Train ride plus walk to Covent Garden.

Moved countries and had a 5 minute bike ride to work.

Moved again and it's a 2min walk to home office.

Love the commute now, but hate the isolation.

Reactions: 1
I worked between two branches of the same opticians for the past 2.5 years until December just gone. So it depended which I was working at ... one was about 35 minutes and the other about 15. :) xx

20 minute drive for me. It could be a lot faster if there was another river crossing, the current route is an upside down V shape!

4 minute drive :) About a 25 minute walk but I have to get home to the dog at lunch so always drive :(

My work is about 14 miles from my house and most days it takes about an hour and 10-20 minutes because the traffic/roadworks where I live is horrific :(

traffic bad where i am, 5min drive to take daughter to bus stop then 20min drive to work on way home & in summer it can be over an hour drive, it's 8 miles. I've ridden in the past but now i do bus/school run I can't.

Mines 20 minutes then a 10-15 minute walk from the car park .

In all honesty most of my life I have looked for jobs that don't have a long commute because I can't stand it. Although traffic around here means that a 20 minute drive can often take an hour or more in rush hour.

At our old house I could drive to my husband's office in about 15/20 minutes but he'd have to allow up to 1.5 hours to get the bus. It's madness x

I generally do 3-4 days a week in the office. I get up at 5:30, leave for 6:20/6:30. Take about 15 minutes in the car to the station and a 44 minute train and about 5 minute walk the other end. Coming back is worse and can take up to an hour to do the drive as there is a lot of roadworks/flooding my way at the moment.

Job 1 – 45 mins (walk, bus, walk)

Job 2 – 70 mins (drive)

Job 3 – 12 mins (drive)

Job 4 – 55 mins (drive)

Job 5 – 12 mins (drive, will walk once kids are in secondary school)

They need to add a jealous emoji reaction cos I'm jealous of all of you under 30 minutes!

If I’m going to be in the office it’s about. 25-30 minute car, tube or bike ride but if I’m out of the office it can mean going across London and back again multiple times a day.

Current commute is around an hour, although this involves the motorway so that's a best case scenario!

Have to be in work for 0630am so that means a 0415am get up to give me time to see to my collection of Shetland Ponies 💤

Finish at 1800 and the journey home is often worse!

20 minutes now before that I did 2 years sometimes an hour and half sometimes 3 to 4 hours due to the m6... got to a point my mum was putting my kids to bed more than me so that had to change!

1st job after uni - Didnt drive my dad used to drop me in town to get the bus for 7:30. In a car it probably was about half hour away. I used to walk home and it would take an hour.

2nd job - In the town centre - dependent on a bus would have to leave about an hour before just to make sure I was on time.

Temp jobs - I then did a few temp jobs most were about half hour away.( I had then passed my driving test)

3rd job- Working at the local hospital. Drive to car park about 20 minutes dependent on traffic, 5-10 minutes from carpark.
This job then moved towns so I took redundancy.

4th job- Took another job at the hospital same distance.

5th job - Down the road from where I live, although I have to drive my son to school so a detour of about 10 minutes. I would love to be able to walk him to school but would never get to work on time.