How long is your commute?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Job 1 = 10 minute walk (i don't drive) although i work nights, its not nice going to work and coming home in the dark.

Job 2 = 20 minute drive directly to work or 40 minutes when we drop the kids off to Grandparents 1st then my husband and i go to work in same building.

I have a 15 minute commute if I can get down the country lanes. They are quite often flooded at the moment though and so it takes 50-60 minutes via the main roads.
Used to have a 2 1/2 hour commute on the m4 because it was rich hour traffic. A journey that would normally take 20-30 minutes. Used to be m4 junction 10 to Slough to work at wexham park hospital. Was so glad when I moved to a hospital closer to home.

Reactions: 1
I am 15 minutes normally about 20/25 mins on a ā€œbusyā€ traffic morning. Pop onto a motorway and drive straight for 15 then off and directly into my work. Ideal.

the other half lives 4 miles from work. He gets up at 7am and is showered, dressed and in work for 7:30am. After years of horror commuting heā€™s still happy with this ā€œnewā€ scenario after 5 years šŸ˜‚

30 min drive each way. Used to be an hour but that was way too long for me and cost a fortune in petrol. I've made a rule that 30mins will be my max now that I have kids

30 min drive each way too.

This topic has reminded me of an article in the paper where a woman was complaining about her daughter not getting into the closet school and one of the comments was another woman saying her daughter travels 2 hours to school. 2 hours!
I think that's crazy far

I normally work between 10-20 minutes away from home. My longest commute was an hour and 45 minutes. Hated it!

I drive 28 miles to my job and it usually takes about 1hr10mins. Just under an hour in school holidays though.
The commute was my main concern about taking the Job but I've been there 6 months and am used to it now. Still get a bit jealous of people who don't live far from their work. My jobs have been kinda niche (lab work) so not many options nearby unfortunately!

Until 4 years ago I could walk to work in 5 minutes. I changed job and was a 10-15 min drive but itā€™s a desk job and my previous job wasnā€™t and I started feeling very unfit and lazy. Almost 2 years ago I began walking to work every morning. Itā€™s an hour walk door to door, I leave at 6:45am and I start at 8am so I have time for a coffee before I start! I occasionally walk home if itā€™s nice but most of the time I get dropped off which means Iā€™m home for 4:45pm

30 minute drive! Which means if I lose my parking permit "for living too close" I will be fighting with them, because the bus journey will mean I'm sat on a bus for at least an hour each way.

I work from home 3 days a week so the commute is about 30 seconds. On Thursday and Friday, I get up at 5.15am to get the bus at 6.12am; mainly because the roads are quiet, then it's a 30 minute bus ride and 20 minute walk. It's always longer on the return home though because it's rush hour. It used to be 5 days a week in the office and that was a 40 minute bus ride, 10 minute walk and 20 minute bus ride, I don't miss those days.

Currently less than 10 minutes in a car, gonna be over an hour on the bus come September. I'm still in school so it's slightly different ;)

Currently ten minutes each way and has never been more than ten minutes but in a few weeks I'll start a new job which is around a twenty minute commute three days a week but I work long hours so won't do any more than that as I'd have no quality of life in the week