How far is your commute to work?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pre Covid about 1hr 10 mins (I only live 14 miles from London) but a train and then either a tube or a walk. Just think about trains and the constant delays. Now it’s about a 30 second commute 😂

Reactions: 2
I’m really lucky as I can leave my house at 8.50am and be in work for just before 9, starting at 9. I live very close to work so it’s handy.

Reactions: 4
Pre Covid about 45 min drive (only a distance of about 5 miles) but heavy traffic pretty much all the way as going into a city centre.

During Covid about 20mins traffic greatly reduced.....I’d love to be able to work from home but not possible in my job ☹

Reactions: 1
I live about a mile from my work so it's a 15-20min walk depending on how fast I can be arsed to go.

Usually the walk home is more like 30-35 mins though cos usually by that point my back is killing after a 10hr shift (I work with 2yr olds and I'm 1yr post spinal surgery whic wasn't wholly effective) and I tend to ring Mum for a natter whilst I'm walking 🤣

• Heart
Pre covid - ten min drive to sta 30 mins train then 15 min walk to office.
after first lockdown I started driving in (Kent - north London) about 90 Mins in morning and 2-3 hours going home!

• Wow
1 hour from door to door by public transport
25 minutes by car which I can use only occasionally.

I only took the job because I don't have to be there every day (12/24 hour shifts), would never commute for 2 hours every day from Monday to Friday.

Right now it’s about 10 seconds ha! Pre covid it was a 30 minute walk or a 5 minute drive.

we are actually moving out of area and I plan to still WFH the majority of the time. When I need to go to the office it will be two hours but it’s worth it for a bigger house (and I’ll only go once or twice a month).

Before Lockdown in total 2 hours each way. Work in the City and on the slowest part of the network. Either walk once in London or get the underground. Absolutely exhausting and makes for a very long day/week. The one thing that I’ve certainly not missed whilst WFH

I’m rarely office based now but previously it was about 15/20 minutes. The longest I’ve ever had was 1.5 hours as it involved a train, a bus and a mile long walk - it was manageable in the summer but soul destroying in the winter!