Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JustmeKC

VIP Member
80-90 minutes each way. Soul destroying!
Covid means it’s the bedroom to the spare room via the kitchen and I like it this way!

• Wow
Reactions: 6

Tinkerbell cat

VIP Member
I’m really lucky as I can leave my house at 8.50am and be in work for just before 9, starting at 9. I live very close to work so it’s handy.

Reactions: 4

cosmo girl

VIP Member
It takes me about 1 hour. It can be a bit longer if traffic is bad. It use to take me over 2.5 hours to get to work.. That was 20 min walk to station .. Overground train and two tubes. I stopped working in London because of the commute. Also trains were so packed on the way home that couldn't get on them. Spent a lot of time trying to get on a train. Then once got groped on the tube:mad: I hated travelling on the tubes.,

• Sad
  • Sick

Peaches_xox

VIP Member
From the bedroom to the living room .. sometimes can be late due to traffic on the stairs 🤣

pre Covid, 5 min walk to the station, 25 min train, 5 min walk to the office. I work in central London so obviously subject to a lot of train delays

• Haha

Sunflower91

VIP Member
Unfortunately it involves a change at either Oxford Circus. Alter as an alternative I could just walk a few more minutes in the morning (10) and get the Piccadilly line direct.
I feel for you. I used to change at TCR and when it would stop at Oxford Circus it looked like carnage.

Reactions: 3

Jennysona

First time posting a thread!

Just in the process fo applying for new jobs. I’ve seen one but it’s 50minutes away via train. How far does everyone else travel daily

(when working in the office pre COVID)

Belulah

VIP Member
30 minutes on a direct bus. By far my easiest commute. Though I normally drive there in the morning (about 15 minutes) and my mum drives my car back as I haven’t passed my test. (The fates are against me there) and then get the bus home.
At the moment I’m WFH everyday except Friday which makes life easier.

Giggling Squid

VIP Member
Currently, about 10m. Or 2m if I start from the kitchen

Pre-lockdown about 3 miles drive but that involved crossing a motorway junction so took anything up to 60 mins! 20 on a good day

Jennysona

Unfortunately it involves a change at either Oxford Circus. Alter as an alternative I could just walk a few more minutes in the morning (10) and get the Piccadilly line direct.

Reactions: 2

Sunflower91

VIP Member
Pre COVID it could be anywhere between 50mins to over an hour each way depending on the time I go or if there’s tube delays or rail strikes. I remember one day going to the tube station and the tube was beyond delayed and the platform was packed and it was only going to get worse further down the line so I decided to go to the train station. Got to the train station which was also packed and every thing had 20 minute delays so I sacked it off and worked from home.
One thing about the current situation is that I definitely don’t miss the stress of commuting or being crammed into a carriage like a sardine but I do miss having that focus time before work.

Fizzwhizz2020

Chatty Member
Pre Covid about 1hr 10 mins (I only live 14 miles from London) but a train and then either a tube or a walk. Just think about trains and the constant delays. Now it’s about a 30 second commute 😂

wastelandbaby

A half hour drive down country lanes, I work in the countryside with absolutely no public transport. My commute is often longer if I get stuck behind tractors, cyclists or horses. I like my commute - it is really beautiful and I tend to see a lot of weird/funny things! It's very scary in the dark though, heavily wooded and no streetlamps.

comment on life

Pre Covid it was an hour and 10 each way if there was no traffic.

The one perk the past year has been not having to do that drive twice a day