How far is your commute to work?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
First time posting a thread!

Just in the process fo applying for new jobs. I’ve seen one but it’s 50minutes away via train. How far does everyone else travel daily

(when working in the office pre COVID)

Reactions: 3
From home now but before about 30 minute walk, and the same when taking 2 buses (no direct route)

Reactions: 1
Currently, about 10m. Or 2m if I start from the kitchen

Pre-lockdown about 3 miles drive but that involved crossing a motorway junction so took anything up to 60 mins! 20 on a good day

Reactions: 3
From the bedroom to the living room .. sometimes can be late due to traffic on the stairs 🤣

pre Covid, 5 min walk to the station, 25 min train, 5 min walk to the office. I work in central London so obviously subject to a lot of train delays

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Pre covid 2 trains (just over an hour) and a 40 minute walk. Like someone said above, if I could drive it'd take 10 minutes.

I start a new job soon and my commute will be an hour. That was my limit but to be honest I don’t mind, just whack some music on or listen to a podcast!

80-90 minutes each way. Soul destroying!
Covid means it’s the bedroom to the spare room via the kitchen and I like it this way!

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Pre Covid it was an hour and 10 each way if there was no traffic.

The one perk the past year has been not having to do that drive twice a day

Reactions: 2
Before - an hour door to desk -
40 minutes if every bus and tube turns up within 1 second of me. (Live and work in London.)

Pre WFH it was about 15-25 min drive depending on traffic.
Most I’ve ever had is 30 min drive & then 20 min walk when working in a city centre.

At the moment I’m at home, and believe I will be at home for some of the week for good now but usually 40 min drive

Used to be 90 mins via foot, bus and train. Now it’s seconds into the spare room 😂

Reactions: 2
In traffic about 40minutes but I used to walk/run as I could get there faster on foot and then shower before I started work (we have facilities on site) unless the weather was particularly bad.

Pre covid it was two buses, it took just over an hour in the morning and about an hour and a half in the evening. It was awful, I really resented the travel time, especially if there were roadworks, this could add 20 minutes in the morning and an hour or more in the evening as buses would just not turn up. If I could drive it would still have taken about 30 minutes in the morning and about 45 minutes in the evening as I had to cross the city. Before this job I had never had to get two buses and that was so much better.