Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Redwine

I agree on the walking too. I had list 16lb before lockdown and have managed to stick to it and walking us definitely help me stay focused and it's a good weight loss tool and mood booster x
16lb is amazing! OK I shall be going on a walk tonight once the baby is sorted etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

EnoughAlready

VIP Member
Weight loss is not happening for me at the moment, I’ve definitely comfort ate my way through the weeks so far so hats off to you ladies who are motivated and sticking to exercise etc! Really want to get my mind back in the game though so won’t give up x

F the dust.

VIP Member
16lb is amazing! OK I shall be going on a walk tonight once the baby is sorted etc.
I have alot to lose. I joined sw 5 weeks before lockdown and lost the 16lb. I introduced walking and have stuck to healthy eating, I'm hoping for another 14 lb or so when class resumes. I highly recommend getting out for the spell of fresh air😃

Last edited:

Che Guevara

Hey everyone! Can I join in too? I’m an absolute nightmare when it comes to food. I joined weight watchers years ago and lost all my weight, managed to keep around it for about a year then got ill and gave up smoking. Cue 7 years later and 5 and half stone later 😱 I love exercise and I used to do karate but everything I try I always revert back to binging and losing the plot after 3 weeks. I’ve stopped karate a few months ago as I feel too uncomfortable to move around properly and I’ve become so unfit. I broke my foot in jan so that set me back too, I’m trying to get out for long daily walks but limited right now as my foot still gets sore after an hour.

Anyway, I’ve tried every diet under the sun but I just can’t stick to it. I joined weight watchers online beginning of may as it’s free for a couple of months so I thought I’d try it. I track things on it but I’m still going over my points and having slack weekends - hence only losing 5lbs in may! But it’s something and I’ve printed off a calendar and stuck it on my fridge and marked down how much I lost last month and my aim is to top that this month.

Hopefully you lovely lot and this thread can give me some accountability and I can be motivated more!

Ps I downloaded the workout women app and it’s brilliant! Choose any work out, it’s all home based and they range from 5 minutes long up to an hour. There’s loads, like arms, tummy, legs and butt, wake up cardio (7mins long) I’ve been doing a couple and it’s so doable cos they’re not long workouts!

Good luck all! Let’s get on our way to being happier and being the best version of ourselves ❤

• Heart

Griggsy39

Oh wow that's amazing. Thanks so much for your reply. I have a Garmin watch which tracks your steps so I will charge that up and make sure I'm getting my walks in. X
You’re welcome,honestly after a week you will be hooked! It’s a lovely way to have time to yourself too x

Lldv20

Hi, I've been using my fitness pal for the last 5 weeks lost 9lb. The 1st 3 weeks of lockdown I ate everything in sight was awful so had to doing something to gain some control. I'm on 1400 cals trying to do hiit workout most days before work. It's hard but it's the only thing I can control at the moment everything else feels so crazy 🙈

• Heart

Sshhimnothere

Tracked on myfitnesspal today and got out for my walk... safe to say I've a good half stone on during lockdown, tried on a pair of Jean's yesterday = holy fuck! Porridge with water this morning, eugh but has to be done because I feel shit eating shite

Reactions: 5

Spinidge

VIP Member
Definitely walking between 30-60 minutes daily. You don't need a gadget, just walk briskly so you're puffing and panting a bit! Try and get some uphills or steps in to really get your body working. Cook from scratch whenever you can, try not to snack, I'd lose more if I didn't. I've lost 7lbs in 4 weeks by eating porridge, then a 2 slice sandwich and a couple of biscuits for lunch, a home made dinner and some chocolate and crisps in the evening! I walk a minimum of 30 mins daily and try to do something active for an hour such as cleaning or gardening. I'm sat on my arse for about 22 hours a day as it is 😬😬

Redwine

Walk an hour a day. Trust me,I’ve done it every day since lockdown and I’ve seen a massive difference, not changed my diet at all either. Can’t give an actual weight loss cos I don’t have scales (gunna weigh in when I’m back at work on their scales) but my clothes are loose,wearing clothes I haven’t been able to fit in for ages and I feel so much better. I set my alarm before kids wake up and walk round my village with my headphones on at a fairly brisk pace. It’s a game changer.
Oh wow that's amazing. Thanks so much for your reply. I have a Garmin watch which tracks your steps so I will charge that up and make sure I'm getting my walks in. X

bookworm1403

I've lost a stone in about 6ish weeks so far (still have a stone and 12 pounds left to lose!) but god I'm finding it so hard to motivate myself atm. It's not so much food - I've been using nutracheck and really like it - but getting out to exercise. Does anyone else find it hard to make themselves move😩?

Dogtanian

VIP Member
I hit the 2st weight loss mark two weeks ago but seem to have hit a rut since. Just going up or down by 1lb since.
I'm still refusing to calorie count or join slimming world and the like as I don't see the point in paying money to be told stuff which I already know.
Still, my clothes are getting looser through exercise even if my weight is staying more or less the same.

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
The opposite has happened to me during lockdown, ive lost over 2 stone. Has this happened to anyone else? Always lethargic, absolutely no appetite, where I won’t eat for days.
Outside of lockdown, I practice yoga daily and go on country walks, which I find helps keep my weight down.
Lots of free beginners vids of yoga on YouTube, and a lot of studios are doing online zoom classes where you can practice in the comfort of your own home ☺
Wow I wish this was me, my issue is I will always eat no matter if I am hungry or not. I was denied food as a child and I am still dealing with that now.

hrh89

VIP Member
Has anyone got any snack ideas which are fairly filling but low cal?
I do rice cakes with small amounts of cream cheese and yoghurt with berries but I’m bored of both
might be a bit weird but I make a big bowl of veggies. Brussels sprouts or broccoli usually and then I make up a small amount of gravy to put on top. it’s only about 100 calories and totally yummy 😂

popcorn is always a good shout you can have quite a lot without going mad on calories!

i like raw carrots and celery with salsa dip too. Salsa is so low calorie!

New York bagel company do a thin bagel tomato and herb flavour which is amazing and I think about 120 calories! Love those will a dairylea triangle on.

I really like Asda own brand fibre one bars they are so much nicer than the original. Or Alpen light bars.

apples with a small amount of peanut butter or nut butter.

Sometimes i mash a banana and and some porridge oats and bake them in the oven to make little cookies. They’re nice with some yoghurt.

reddit has been a great source of snack ideas. The subs 1200 is plenty and 1500 is plenty are so good and helpful!

• Heart

RichsWife

I agree with walking!! And I’ve noticed keeping myself busy. I make a list of things I’ve been wanting to do around the house and now is the perfect time to get it done. Staying busy keeps my mind off the snack cabinet lol good luck I know it’s hard.

eye_rolling_always

Hope everyone is ok 1 week in.

Thanks for the advice. I had my 1 bad day and got over it. Now my TOTM has finished I'm going to enjoy the rest of the month running/exercising and eating well.

Looking forward to the 30th June weigh in 😊

eye_rolling_always

1st June tomorrow, and a Monday. So hopefully will get people raring to go again.

How was May for everyone? I lost.... nothing LOL. I maintained. However I exercised for 15 mins a day, for I think 25 days (TOTM set me back). I really enjoyed exercising. I went for runs too. My body shape has changed despite no weight lost.

Bread bloats me so I have cut it down (Not out). I love to snack so that's my downfall. But I'm looking forward to continuing.

eye_rolling_always

Hey everyone. @Strawberry-pot , @hrh89 , @JoeBloggs @Amber90 and @Justhereforacreep (sorry if I left someone out but all my quoting got deleted)

May is done, let move on June. Lets try new habits and ways to combat this. I agree with whoever said the past 11 weeks have been a waste. You have to be in the right mindset to progress. But we'll get there. For me I won't join in weekly weigh ins just because I know it's a trigger for me (espically when I know TOTM always gets me) but happy to do everything else X

• Heart

Dogtanian

VIP Member
I hit the 2st weight loss mark two weeks ago but seem to have hit a rut since. Just going up or down by 1lb since.
I'm still refusing to calorie count or join slimming world and the like as I don't see the point in paying money to be told stuff which I already know.
Still, my clothes are getting looser through exercise even if my weight is staying more or less the same.
Just a small update, I decided to finish my diet for the year yesterday (and restart in the new year).
I lost 40 lb over the year with light exercise and a reasonable diet - so I'm quite happy with that and going to see if I can do it again next year.

• Heart

Mercedes12

VIP Member
I can’t reccomend a Fitbit enough, seeing the numbers prompts me to do more steps, more active minutes, it can tell you how much you burned during a work out and what your heart rate was. It also tracks sleep and you can track your food (calories and macros). You also get a weekly report of how much exercise you’ve done and it’s good to challenge yourself to do better than the week before.