Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Redwine

I feel you on the weight gain 😭 haven’t weighed myself as I think I’ll just burst into tears but reckon it’s at least half a stone since lockdown as we just have no routine and eating and drinking way more than when my partner and I are out working.

I was wearing my Apple Watch and trying to make sure I closed all the rings every day and since April started had actually racked up 40 miles of running BUT last week I became really unwell with cellulitis in my foot, prescribed industrial strength antibiotics and had to keep off it completely for 3 days and was just craving comfort food, feeling better now but can’t do any exercise still for at least the rest of the week 😭 feel like I’m just ballooning by the minute!

Would agree with other posters make sure you’re getting your steps in, also try and keep on top of calories even though it’s hard, since I’ve been sofa bound I’ve just been keeping my hands busy to stop from snacking, I’ve painted my nails about 5 times and I’ve been doing some hand sewing (cross stitch) which keeps you occupied and can do in front of the TV, also it’s very therapeutic!

Hang in there and thanks for starting this thread, looking forward to seeing other people’s tips.
It's so hard when you are injured or ill. Great idea about keeping your hands busy though

JLXRD

VIP Member
I've put on about 3/4 pounds but as I run 4 to 5 hours a week that shows how much shit I have eaten! Definitely used it as a bit of an excuse to eat crap (kind of like well if I can't do all the things I had planned I will have to replace them with pizza treats instead 😂)

Lalalala1212

Has anyone got any snack ideas which are fairly filling but low cal?
I do rice cakes with small amounts of cream cheese and yoghurt with berries but I’m bored of both
I’ve started doing something I saw Jamie Oliver do when I want a sweet treat - freeze some cut up banana, then in a food processor or nutri bullet blitz with some Greek yoghurt and cinnamon and it’s just like really creamy ice cream.

Che Guevara

Well I supposed to weight this morning but after my Gousto tea yeasterday, my husbands shift got cancelled, Aunt Flo came and I just wanted wine and munchies, so that’s what I got lol. Today I’m now feeling like shit and have a banging headache and raging period pains 😩😩😩😩

Lola UK

VIP Member
might be a bit weird but I make a big bowl of veggies. Brussels sprouts or broccoli usually and then I make up a small amount of gravy to put on top. it’s only about 100 calories and totally yummy 😂

popcorn is always a good shout you can have quite a lot without going mad on calories!

i like raw carrots and celery with salsa dip too. Salsa is so low calorie!

New York bagel company do a thin bagel tomato and herb flavour which is amazing and I think about 120 calories! Love those will a dairylea triangle on.

I really like Asda own brand fibre one bars they are so much nicer than the original. Or Alpen light bars.

apples with a small amount of peanut butter or nut butter.

Sometimes i mash a banana and and some porridge oats and bake them in the oven to make little cookies. They’re nice with some yoghurt.

reddit has been a great source of snack ideas. The subs 1200 is plenty and 1500 is plenty are so good and helpful!
thank you for all of those! Great ideas! 💛

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
How does intermittent fasting work? I never heard of this before
I went for the 16:8 version as the thought of not eating for a day makes me panic 😆😆 so I can eat between 11am and 7pm then I can't have anything other then water. My downfall was snacking at night, I was eating loads and this stops me. I can be a right miserable bitch at night but I just go to bed 😆😆 I've only been doing it for a week. I did worry Id see the 8 hours as a challenge and eat as much as I could but I haven't really.

GossBoss

VIP Member
I don't really track calories as I find it super time consuming and also disheartening, but do occasionally log meals into myfitnesspal. I thought about having a food diary where I just log everything I eat as that might work better for me - but maybe if I do properly track calories for a couple of weeks it'll give me an idea of whether or not I'm in a true deficit? I always thought I had a good, balanced diet so chances are it's probably not as balanced as I like to believe! Thanks for the input!

I personally find macros SO confusing! I understand the basic idea that calories in must be lower than calories out to be on the right track to achieve weightloss, and I use a TDEE to get a rough idea of where I need to be. Thank you!!

This leads me to admit I'm probably not pushing myself as hard as I could on my walks. Maybe picking up my pace would encourage a difference. I don't have a smart watch but have contemplated it on and off over the years. Could you recommend one - I always looked at the fitbit charge 3? As I'm saving money on gym memberships at the moment maybe it's finally time to invest! I also can't wear it at work (I work 8-10 hours a day full time constantly on my feet) but would it still log steps if it's in my pocket or does that defeat the point? Super helpful response!
Can you wear it round your ankle ? I know it sounds silly but if you wear trousers and it's just your wrists you need to keep clear, you can get adjustable straps in assorted sizes 🙂

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
I think I've lost, I don't own scales so never weigh myself but I am smaller and fitting into clothes better. I was really anxious at the start which means I hardly ate. Then I've not had the opportunity to buy junk food, hardly go to shops and we haven't had many takeaways. I liked the fact I was getting smaller so it's kept me wanting to lose

Naataaliiee

Joining because I've been a gym goer since I was 16 (I'm 25 now) and never really had much success. I think it's partly down to my body just being happy with the weight it is and I always seem to sit between 10.3st/10.7st. I find it easy to get motivated and love going to the gym for the most part but after a few weeks of consistency I get SO disheartened by not seeing any changes and not feeling my body is any different before all the hard work. This means I give up until I hate myself so much for not trying and begin the cycle again.

Throughout the lockdown I've been super conscious to eat lots of fruit and veg, something I think I'm pretty good at anyway, and as I live on my own I've been making sure I go out and walk for an hour a day just to keep my sanity. I'm averaging 7/8k steps a day and still haven't lost weight!

Really at a loss of what to try next or how long it'll take for me to notice any difference. Is an hours walk a day good enough?!
Yes, an hour a day is great as long as you’re pushing your body. You should feel as though you’re working out as opposed to having a leisurely stroll. Do you have a smart watch? I always make sure i’m walking at around 15min/mile, and maintain this for the duration of my walks. Find the pace which pushes your body and try to stick to it for the duration.
Also, track your calories to make sure you’re in a deficit but also eating enough. When you’re confident in doing this, also look at your macros to check you’re eating roughly the right amount of each food groups.
I’m no expert by any means, but this is just what i’ve found works for me. Eat right, calorie deficit, move more! Hope that’s helpful.

Summer0408

I have been on a calorie controlled diet for years. I've lost quite a lot of weight and gone from a size 16 to a size 8/10. I couldn't say exactly how many stone as I didn't weigh myself at my heaviest. But, it works - it works to an extent even if you don't factor in fitness/exercise but doing it alongside fitness/exercise definitely speeds the process along.

Whilst in lockdown I would do a 20 minute hiit (from a random youtube video) 6 days a week and would walk for around 40 mins. I've put on a couple of pounds but I think it's to do with the fact I'm focusing on muscles during the hiit which I hadn't even used before and therefore my legs are like bloody boulders and just keeping an eye on what I eat.

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
I’ve done WW lost the weight put it back on.
same with SW and any other diet I’ve done.Soon as the blinkers come off and I’m at goal I go back to old habits.
They are good for a kickstart. But can get expensive if you’re not following it. Maybe try my fitness pal? Go on if it fits your macros and it’ll tell you how many calls to eat, and then don’t eat exercise cals.
Good luck.
That’s my thing too, feel fab take the breaks off and it’s all undone.

The only reason I haven’t considered MfP is I know I’ll eat lots of bad things to make up my calories. So I’m wondering if keto can help me get on top of my sugar cravings first. I’m a sucker for anything carbs or sugar 🙈

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
I'm joining this too. Being in lockdown made me reassess my health and I needed to be lighter then I was. I've started walking 4 miles pretty much everyday and am Intermittent fasting. I have no scales in the house so no idea where I am weight wise but clothes are getting looser slowly. I ideally want to lose a stone and tone up but I've never done this before.

Hazel1593

I’m struggling with my weight lately. Ive always been skinny but then I hit my mid 20s and started putting weight on. I’ve put on weight on my legs and stomach, but still look quite thin, which I think makes my stomach stick out more. I’ve had people ask me if I’m pregnant 😞 Anyway, I’ve been calorie counting and I’ve bought an exercise bike. I’m working out at least 30 minutes a day on the bike and going for long walks but finding it difficult to shift the extra weight.