Housebywhitehorns - Sarah Battle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But why do you follow people if they sicken your hole so much?
ETA not being smart, just genuinely curious..I follow people and comment on them here on tattle when they annoy me, but I generally don’t mind their feed.
Because I’m entitled to voice my opinion. I mean, I like Ystyle and Style Fairy as I feel those girls have earned their stripes and are more in touch with reality vs Sarah who really is not in touch with reality and sher Sabs is in outer space 🪐

Reactions: 6
The amount of kids most a lot of influencers have isn’t something to aspire to from an environmental point of view. Over consumption is also problematic. Things may get to such a crises point that any kind of marketing products is frowned upon.

Reactions: 2
A previous poster asked why follow these accounts if we find them annoying. Good question and for me it was entertainment/escapism to begin with but I have since unfollowed several of them and the ones I didn’t follow anyway, I stopped looking at them.

The ones I followed initially for some pleasant home/interiors content morphed into these selling platforms, some of them hustling hard. Sarah’s account was one of those that changed the most. Over time it was constant selling/ads - food, interiors, hair and beauty, kids clothes, fashion, kids accessories, dental and honestly cannot remember the rest. It was easy to swipe on by as the items didn’t interest me in the least. Also, some of the products were promoted by various other accounts and so that in itself became less genuine content - the promoter wasn’t necessarily a devoted user of the product but instead was just pushing sales irrespective of how good the product was.
Then there was the asking for recommendations - I recall one question about hairdryers - and lo and behold she was gifted a personalised hairdryer by a company that I can’t even recall. I seem to remember her talking enthusiastically about her food mixer and then was maybe gifted a competitor brand and then was extolling the virtues of it. Then there were the constant references to Foxford and now lo and behold she’s a BA. I do think there is most definitely strategy at play in all of the above. And you know what, if that’s where her aspirations lie then good for her. Just as long as the viewers/followers understand it for what it is - the objective being to sell, sell. Just because a mam and housewife from down the road is promoting a product, it may seem more relatable but don’t assume that it is her personal recommendation. I get that sales is part of her job now but it is important to understand marketing strategies and not just fall for the notion that Sarah is just like us so if she says it’s good then you should buy.

To be honest, the main reason I stopped following Sarah is not about the selling - that is merely an irritation resolved by swiping on by. It was because of the content.

Firstly, it was dull - bed runs, hair bands, tablescaping to name but a few things. It felt like a 1950s housewife page. There was nothing of interest to me any longer, it was all a bit vacuous and self-absorbed. And in many ways it was also a bit tone deaf. As others have said previously, she never mentioned the pandemic that I can recall. People dying, loved ones not being able to be there, the inevitable impact on livelihoods, parents struggling with homeschool, health workers and retail workers and teachers and the refuse collectors and many others keeping essential parts of society functioning yet all we got was look at all the stuff I ordered from Zara this week. I just don’t get that mentality at all.

Secondly and most of all, what put me off was the over-sharing. The kids were shown too much in my opinion but then again that is a decision she must justify as a parent. What sealed it though was the promotion of a podcast about grief. I never listened to the podcast as it doesn’t feel right to me to do so. From a previous post on here, it seems that she described her sister’s last moments as she held her daughter’s hand. Correct me if that is wrong as like I said, I have never heard the podcast. I would never want to diminish Sarah’s grief about her sister’s death but her sister had a partner and a daughter and other family and friends. To share those intimate last moments that the little girl and her mother shared should not be for public consumption. It’s more than just Sarah’s story to tell - it’s a story that belongs to her niece and her niece’s father and that little girl was too young to have a say. I don’t know if she got paid for the podcast and therefore monetised the situation but if not, the very fact of using that as content in any case put me right off. It seems that nothing is sacred.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
A previous poster asked why follow these accounts if we find them annoying. Good question and for me it was entertainment/escapism to begin with but I have since unfollowed several of them and the ones I didn’t follow anyway, I stopped looking at them.

The ones I followed initially for some pleasant home/interiors content morphed into these selling platforms, some of them hustling hard. Sarah’s account was one of those that changed the most. Over time it was constant selling/ads - food, interiors, hair and beauty, kids clothes, fashion, kids accessories, dental and honestly cannot remember the rest. It was easy to swipe on by as the items didn’t interest me in the least. Also, some of the products were promoted by various other accounts and so that in itself became less genuine content - the promoter wasn’t necessarily a devoted user of the product but instead was just pushing sales irrespective of how good the product was.
Then there was the asking for recommendations - I recall one question about hairdryers - and lo and behold she was gifted a personalised hairdryer by a company that I can’t even recall. I seem to remember her talking enthusiastically about her food mixer and then was maybe gifted a competitor brand and then was extolling the virtues of it. Then there were the constant references to Foxford and now lo and behold she’s a BA. I do think there is most definitely strategy at play in all of the above. And you know what, if that’s where her aspirations lie then good for her. Just as long as the viewers/followers understand it for what it is - the objective being to sell, sell. Just because a mam and housewife from down the road is promoting a product, it may seem more relatable but don’t assume that it is her personal recommendation. I get that sales is part of her job now but it is important to understand marketing strategies and not just fall for the notion that Sarah is just like us so if she says it’s good then you should buy.

To be honest, the main reason I stopped following Sarah is not about the selling - that is merely an irritation resolved by swiping on by. It was because of the content.

Firstly, it was dull - bed runs, hair bands, tablescaping to name but a few things. It felt like a 1950s housewife page. There was nothing of interest to me any longer, it was all a bit vacuous and self-absorbed. And in many ways it was also a bit tone deaf. As others have said previously, she never mentioned the pandemic that I can recall. People dying, loved ones not being able to be there, the inevitable impact on livelihoods, parents struggling with homeschool, health workers and retail workers and teachers and the refuse collectors and many others keeping essential parts of society functioning yet all we got was look at all the stuff I ordered from Zara this week. I just don’t get that mentality at all.

Secondly and most of all, what put me off was the over-sharing. The kids were shown too much in my opinion but then again that is a decision she must justify as a parent. What sealed it though was the promotion of a podcast about grief. I never listened to the podcast as it doesn’t feel right to me to do so. From a previous post on here, it seems that she described her sister’s last moments as she held her daughter’s hand. Correct me if that is wrong as like I said, I have never heard the podcast. I would never want to diminish Sarah’s grief about her sister’s death but her sister had a partner and a daughter and other family and friends. To share those intimate last moments that the little girl and her mother shared should not be for public consumption. It’s more than just Sarah’s story to tell - it’s a story that belongs to her niece and her niece’s father and that little girl was too young to have a say. I don’t know if she got paid for the podcast and therefore monetised the situation but if not, the very fact of using that as content in any case put me right off. It seems that nothing is sacred.
I agree with your point about what was an interiors account turning into a sales channel from a viewer standpoint.

I also struggle re the morality of putting kids online. But I disagree about the podcast. I thought Sarah came across really well & it felt as though she really loved her sister. It also seems that she is a very involved auntie. I understand your point about her sister’s partner & daughter, but she was Sarah’s sister & it sounded like they were very close.

Reactions: 4

Could not agree more!
It’s a shame that Sarah doesn’t know her audience better and tailor content that’s more relevant. I’m guessing that when the pandemic hit and her husbands business closed she had to go down a more commercial route.
Interestingly more recently I noticed the bed run has stopped and she’s stopped talking about clothing sizes and Baz is getting less air time too...so at least she is taking on board the feedback from this forum. 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I agree with your point about what was an interiors account turning into a sales channel from a viewer standpoint.

I also struggle re the morality of putting kids online. But I disagree about the podcast. I thought Sarah came across really well & it felt as though she really loved her sister. It also seems that she is a very involved auntie. I understand your point about her sister’s partner & daughter, but she was Sarah’s sister & it sounded like they were very close.
Yes I can understand that you took something different away from the podcast. I can’t comment on how Sarah came across but I am sure she did love her sister very much and I am sure that the loss was very painful and continues to be.

I very deliberately didn’t listen to the podcast as I felt uncomfortable about it after seeing a snippet about it on here. That’s almost certainly due to my own personal experiences.

We lost our Mam many years ago. We all had to say our goodbyes and we hold those precious moments with us to this day. I would be horrified if those last hours were made public - they are both cherished and traumatic accounts of how she died, what was said, how we held her and kissed her, how we reassured her that her pain would be over soon and how we told her to let go even though our hearts were breaking. My Mam’s sister was there to say goodbye too. She made it all about her as if her grief was more important than ours. She is to this day a very attention seeking person but luckily there was no social media back then so we didn’t have any of that to deal with. Everyone thought she was a wonderful aunt but in reality when Mam was ill she gave us very little support. Afterwards we just had to get on with life without our mother while my aunt still kept going on about how hard it was for her. Looking back now I do understand that she was grieving too but her behaviour somehow diminished our grief and pain as the focus always had to be on her. Nowadays we all have a very strained relationship with her.

I look at my little ones now and hope that if anything ever happened to me that my brothers and sisters would step up and set aside their own pain and grief to mind my husband and my little children and I definitely would not want them publicly discussing my death with people who never knew me. My brothers and sisters would feel my loss but they would have their own families to go home to so I feel that my husband’s and children’s loss would be greater and their grief should be elevated somehow. Of course that is only my opinion and some may view it differently.

Could not agree more!
It’s a shame that Sarah doesn’t know her audience better and tailor content that’s more relevant. I’m guessing that when the pandemic hit and her husbands business closed she had to go down a more commercial route.
Interestingly more recently I noticed the bed run has stopped and she’s stopped talking about clothing sizes and Baz is getting less air time too...so at least she is taking on board the feedback from this forum. 😉
I haven’t been following really since the promotion of the podcast but that’s interesting that she has changed approach recently. I suppose the examples I mentioned are from some time ago in fairness.
I know what you mean about her husband’s business being impacted by the pandemic. But I would have thought that if that were the case that they would moderate their spending and cut their cloth. It’s what most people would do until the future was more certain. All I have seen is spend spend - clothes, home improvements, etc.

Last edited:
  • Heart
She doesn't need to tailor anything. she has her large audience. Her whole page, like most of the other Instagram accounts is a business, a livelihood, a way of making money. Thats all.

Reactions: 1
She doesn't need to tailor anything. she has her large audience. Her whole page, like most of the other Instagram accounts is a business, a livelihood, a way of making money. Thats all.
A significant percentage of her followers are foreign accounts with zero followers. And for those accounts that are ‘real’ followers her content clearly does not resonate...

Reactions: 3
The event side of her husbands business has undoubtedly been affected but he was still able to run his Christmas experience online which I'm sure eased any financial struggles. Not that I get the impression that they have any!

Reactions: 1
Speaking of husbands, do you know what has just occurred to me? The husbands of lots of these Insta Mams are rarely seen. Their credibility isn’t being affected too much it would seem but presumably they are content enough to have their wives and kids pimped out for Insta and to be critiqued. Examples from the most prolific posters among the Irish clique - Sarah Battle, Caroline from a house by the trees, the lake house lady on Lough Derg(?), the house of goose lady to name but a few.
Makes you wonder - the men are seemingly careful with appearing on screen, maybe as it would appear unprofessional for those in certain jobs. Yet the wives, some of whom are in professions such as teaching, would appear to have no qualms about the potential impact on their credibility. The motivation to do the Insta thing is obviously money but you’d wonder what the husbands and fathers make of it all. Each to their own but if I needed money that would be the last thing I’d do.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Speaking of husbands, do you know what has just occurred to me? The husbands of lots of these Insta Mams are rarely seen. Their credibility isn’t being affected too much it would seem but presumably they are content enough to have their wives and kids pimped out for Insta and to be critiqued. Examples from the most prolific posters among the Irish clique - Sarah Battle, Caroline from a house by the trees, the lake house lady on Lough Derg(?), the house of goose lady to name but a few.
Makes you wonder - the men are seemingly careful with appearing on screen, maybe as it would appear unprofessional for those in certain jobs. Yet the wives, some of whom are in professions such as teaching, would appear to have no qualms about the potential impact on their credibility. The motivation to do the Insta thing is obviously money but you’d wonder what the husbands and fathers make of it all. Each to their own but if I needed money that would be the last thing I’d do.
I wonder will some of them make an appearance when they read your comment?

• Haha
I wonder will some of them make an appearance when they read your comment?
😂 I have no particular desire to see any of them make an appearance but some of those home/interiors/lifestyle/family accounts trade on the family thing yet I don’t see the husbands stepping up to make cringey reels or tell us about their children’s play area in order to support the family finances. If the husbands do appear they look decidedly uncomfortable.
The accounts I mentioned are just the ones that instantly sprang to mind and illustrate my point. But there are others too in that category.

Long time lurker here but I actually had to give in and set up a page so that I could comment. Could not have put it better myself @Gal4Gals, pimping out their lives without a second thought. I can't understand how "professional" people are so willing to overshare online. Many seem to "protect" their husbands identities while sharing what colour their own shite was that morning, drives me daft! Another one that drives me round the bend that Beggy Battles mentioned is Pooch and Cooch. Forever online and never shows the hubby, too busy lickarsing with Beggy all the rest of them. Supposedly shes a midwife.. I tell ya I wouldn't want her the far side of my flaps if I was having a baby thats for sure!! Surprised there hasn't been a thread set up on her already. I wish someone would vause it feels really good to be finally getting all this off my chest 😁😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Long time lurker here but I actually had to give in and set up a page so that I could comment. Could not have put it better myself @Gal4Gals, pimping out their lives without a second thought. I can't understand how "professional" people are so willing to overshare online. Many seem to "protect" their husbands identities while sharing what colour their own shite was that morning, drives me daft! Another one that drives me round the bend that Beggy Battles mentioned is Pooch and Cooch. Forever online and never shows the hubby, too busy lickarsing with Beggy all the rest of them. Supposedly shes a midwife.. I tell ya I wouldn't want her the far side of my flaps if I was having a baby thats for sure!! Surprised there hasn't been a thread set up on her already. I wish someone would vause it feels really good to be finally getting all this off my chest 😁😂
Totally agree with ya on that pimping their lives and their kids who gives a shiny shite. And that pooch n cooch, what a head melt !!! Tries to be funny but comes across as a dose, so fake as well. Glad someone said it been waiting for someone to come out n say it so a thread could be set up !!

Shes another one thats mad on the beg. I swear shes not taking the hint...constantly tagging SuperValu this and SuperValu that, would ya gowaaay!!!! They're not going to give ya free stuff, would ya give it a rest! You'd think she lived on the grounds of that Westport house she does always be walking round too the way she goes on about it. Surely its not 'Professional' or even ethical at that for her to be promoting the fact shes a midwife/nurse whatever and then doing all the shite shes at online?!

I know! Can you imagine going to a parent-teacher meeting only to discover that the teacher you’re there to see is an Insta Mam. Or if you were to go to hospital for treatment and the nurse/midwife/dr was an Insta Hun. I’d probably not take anything in at all because I’d be thinking about all the pouting and toothbrush sales and vacuous content that they’d been involved in. It would be hard to take them seriously. It definitely doesn’t instill confidence in these professionals. 😬

All that aside though, have you read any of the research/work done looking into the ethics of such social media exposure of children. The inability of children to provide informed consent on their image or details being used is central to the concerns. There have actually been cases where kids have taken legal action against their parents. Fascinating stuff and I would hope that people like teachers and healthcare professionals would be especially mindful of this sort of thing. If they play that fast and loose with their own children’s privacy I would hate to think what they would do in their professional practice.

• Wow
Pooch and Cooch...she’s a new wan to me but good lord...the content is atrocious. Followed and promptly unfollowed.

Ah, the insta husbands ... my husband said he would rather see me unemployed than “prostitute” myself on Instagram...still I suppose when your husbands business closes, ya got to put food on the table somehow...

I wonder what these men think of their wives 🤣 can you imagine the bedroom conversations!! Borrrinnng! Is Sarah Battle a midwife?

• Haha
Shes another one thats mad on the beg. I swear shes not taking the hint...constantly tagging SuperValu this and SuperValu that, would ya gowaaay!!!! They're not going to give ya free stuff, would ya give it a rest! You'd think she lived on the grounds of that Westport house she does always be walking round too the way she goes on about it. Surely its not 'Professional' or even ethical at that for her to be promoting the fact shes a midwife/nurse whatever and then doing all the shite shes at online?!
They are all the same.
I wonder what these men think of their wives 🤣 can you imagine the bedroom conversations!! Borrrinnng! Is Sarah Battle a midwife?
No ‘pooch and cooch’ is a midwife! The partners must always be looking over their shoulder to see what part of a mundane say the huns are trying to grab for content.

Pooch and Cooch...she’s a new wan to me but good lord...the content is atrocious. Followed and promptly unfollowed.

Ah, the insta husbands ... my husband said he would rather see me unemployed than “prostitute” myself on Instagram...still I suppose when your husbands business closes, ya got to put food on the table somehow...
The obvious motivation to do Insta would be money but I’m not so sure that’s entirely the case for Sarah Battle. I mean if your household income was that impacted you’d be trying to reduce unnecessary spend until things improved. Like no one ever anticipated that the lockdowns would go on this long. But they seem to have spent away throughout the pandemic like there’s no impact - home improvements and constant shopping. So the motivation to continue must be greed or need for validation.

They are all the same.

No ‘pooch and cooch’ is a midwife! The partners must always be looking over their shoulder to see what part of a mundane say the huns are trying to grab for content.
😂 Ah here mundane is right. The bed run was the worst - scraping the content barrel. And I seem to remember some something about the tea towel drawer. Jesus wept 🤦‍♀️. But Sarah’s not the only one - some of the stuff the Insta clique put up is dire and they all comment on each other’s posts and congratulate each other. I don’t have a wildly exciting life but it’s not so bad that I would think my tea towels or what I’m having for dinner would interest anyone.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.