House chores

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
different things work for different people hun, not gonna lie I am a tad jealous haha. my bf saves his clothes up in a pile next tot he bed. every morning I lift them, fold them and put them back on the bed as a hint....they get threw on the floor again that night and the same happens the next day until he decides that they all need washing and he DESPERATLY needs the pair of jeans that's been in that very pile for over a week haha. sounds like you have a good man there x

different things work for different people hun, not gonna lie I am a tad jealous haha. my bf saves his clothes up in a pile next tot he bed. every morning I lift them, fold them and put them back on the bed as a hint....they get threw on the floor again that night and the same happens the next day until he decides that they all need washing and he DESPERATLY needs the pair of jeans that's been in that very pile for over a week haha. sounds like you have a good man there x
Hahaha dont worry, mine might do the washing but ask him to find his wallet or keys before he leaves for work and there is zero hope/they’ve disappeared off the face of the earth/he’s lost them forever then I get up, look in one location and find them all. So they all have their flaws in different places!! 😂

Reactions: 1
I stay at home to look after the kids, husband works full time Mon-Fri and doesn’t get home until after 9 most nights. I feel it’s my job to do the brunt of the housework for obvious reasons, but the main one is that I do it better. I’m quite thorough (my mum brought me up to be house proud) and husband would cut corners/miss things. He does offer to help out though when he can, which I’m appreciative of, and he does a lot of the cooking over the weekend when he’s off - he’s a better cook than I am.

The only thing is, he never puts his clothes in the laundry basket (leaves them lying on floor or under bed 🤷🏼‍♀️🤨) and then walks around looking for clean clothes to just magically appear. Boils my piss!

Let's remember that men do a worse job at chores so they don't do them again!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I do the majority, but as some others have said it’s because I have high standards! Plus, he works 50 hours a week and I work 25 so he’s not around as much as me anyway. However, if I asked him to put a load of washing on, bleach the loo and hoover the front room he would do it. It just works for us.

Sometimes I get annoyed and think ‘well you don’t have to do all the housework that I do!’ (Cause he definitely underestimates how much there actually is to do!) but then I realise that if we split it 50/50 I’d still be annoyed at him for not doing it ‘right’ 😂😂 so bless him he could never win 🤷‍♀️

The only thing I HATE is clearing up after him e.g leaving a bowl on the side or leaving his socks on the floor etc. I remind him he’s not a teenager, I’m not his mother and he needs to tidy up after himself. I just leave those things until he finally does them! I’ve even picked his clothes up off the floor, hoovered and then put the clothes back on many occasions 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’d say it’s 99% to 1% me doing everything 😂
I work part time and he works quite long hours, so I don’t mind.
Every now and again I have a resentful moment when I’m moaning I do everything around the place, but also then remember I have high standards and he does not meet them cleaning wise 😂
The only thing that does make me crazy is when he spills sugar making a cup of tea and just leaves it no thought in his head to wipe it up 🙄

Reactions: 2
We have it split 50/50 but I’m not going to lie, we do have a cleaner who does a deep clean once a month, other than that we share all the cooking, cleaning and child care.
I'm considering getting a cleaner when we get a bigger house, because I'll drive myself crazy.

My OH works long hours so I don’t mind doing the cleaning etc. There is just a few thing I refuse to do which has become his jobs and those are mopping, putting out the rubbish and ironing. Lucky for him we don’t iron apart from the occasional item.

In terms of feeling annoyed that your partners don’t help, I agree with the person who said that even if they did more you’d still get annoyed. Especially if you are like meas I like stuff done a certain way (which is the right way!)

If it continue pissing you off then you need to talk to him about it and agree what his jobs would be.

I do virtually everything 😂 the only “chore” he really does is taking the bins out every Monday morning. But he works full time (and the rest!) and I work part time from home, so I can’t complain too much!

Let's remember that men do a worse job at chores so they don't do them again!
I have asked my husband if he half asses stuff on purpose so I wouldn't ask him to do it again. He swears no but I am not buying it ;)

Probably about 70:30 in our house. I do all of the cooking, laundry, ironing, bed changing, floor cleaning, food shopping and bathroom cleaning and my husband does the washing up, dusting and hoovering. We’re renovating an entire house and both have full time demanding jobs so my husband spends about 12 hours every Saturday doing home improvements so I don’t mind doing extra chores. Plus I do them better 😂

I'm considering getting a cleaner when we get a bigger house, because I'll drive myself crazy.
That’s exactly why we got it. We do it day to day but I’d muc prefer to pay a little each month and spend the extra time with my children.

We have a cleaner - it’s £30 a week in London and that gets our two bedroom flat spotless and all of our ironing. It takes me 5-10 mins a day absolute maximum to keep on top of it. I figure I earn more than that per hour and don’t want to spend time at the weekend doing it so it’s worth it to me. There are a lot of luxuries I would go without before not having a cleaner. Appreciate I am fortunate enough to be able to afford it but I do think it’s worth every penny.

Reactions: 3
We have a cleaner - it’s £30 a week in London and that gets our two bedroom flat spotless and all of our ironing. It takes me 5-10 mins a day absolute maximum to keep on top of it. I figure I earn more than that per hour and don’t want to spend time at the weekend doing it so it’s worth it to me. There are a lot of luxuries I would go without before not having a cleaner. Appreciate I am fortunate enough to be able to afford it but I do think it’s worth every penny.

I really want a cleaner but I am nervous about finding a trustworthy person and someone that does a good job.

Ours is roughly 50/50 even tho he works full time and I’m part time
i do all our washing hoovering cleaning the bathroom etc
he does the bins recycling dusting etc
we both cook depending on what time the other walks in from work
the problem is getting his daughter to do anything
she seems to think we are here to serve her in her house that we are lucky to be allowed to live in and pay the bills
im working on this but it’s slowly as she’s been raised all her life as a true snowflake
mine just pitch in as needed and clean up after themselves-it’s really hard trying to get her to pull her weight like mine do but I won’t give up-it’s not fair to mine

Mine does absolutely af until I lose my absolute tit. He does work long hours and in currently on mat leave. However when I was at work full time it was the same. And I'm guessing it will be the same when I go back (again full time).
Hes never cooked a meal, done a big shop, washed clothes or cleaned the bathroom.
He will give the hoover a quick run around, empty dish washer or make the bed if I lose my tit. 😫
Most annoying thing he does is leaves his pile or dirty clothes, dirty pits and any snack wrappers next to him side of the bed in the morning. WHY?! Your going downstairs ffs, take them down!

I had a cleaner when I moved to my first house, after selling my flat. I 'inherited' her from previous owner. She took the piss. I used to come back from work to find things like the vacuum cleaner in the middle of the room and the cat's pooper scooper for the litter tray on the kitchen counter. Then she started leaving me £1 coin for a phone call with a note. When I checked my phone bill she was using my landline to make a call of almost an hour. I presume it was so her husband couldn't check her phone and realise she was calling another man as it was a man when I called the number and checked. She'd also argue with me about what things she wanted to clean. I sacked her and would like another but would want to be there to supervise.

I wouldn't say we have a split. Sometimes I'll do more and sometimes he'll do more. I work Monday to Friday 830-1630 and he does shift work. I always do the jobs such as cleaning the ovens, dishwasher, washing machine, doors, windows, proper dusting,mopping floors, deep cleaning sofas etc. He'll clean and tidy but I would say it's more evident when done by me 😂. We both cook, if both on shift whoever is home first cooks, the other cleans up. Whoever is up first puts the first wash load on. He does all the grass cutting and hedges etc so I'm not bothered 😂😂

My fiance works full-time, I am not working after being let go. I have applied for jobs but it is a tough market.

We typically go grocery shopping together at the weekend, if we don't manage, I will go on Monday. I will do the meal-planning but check with him that he fancies those meals that week too.

For general weekly cleaning, I do that.
Vacuum, mop, dust, bed sheets, bathrooms, laundry, etc. Sometimes if my fiance is off, he will mop as he enjoys it.

Depending on when he gets home, we will often cook together. Sometimes I will prep stuff like chopping or make the side dish so we just have to do the main part. Whoever does the cooking (frying, etc), the other person washes up. If he won't be home until later, I will make dinner and he will clean up.

My fiance does a lot around the house such as DIY, whether painting, yard work, building stuff for us.

In the spring, we do a huge deep clean that we do together over a weekend.

Reactions: 3
My fiance works full-time, I am not working after being let go. I have applied for jobs but it is a tough market.

We typically go grocery shopping together at the weekend, if we don't manage, I will go on Monday. I will do the meal-planning but check with him that he fancies those meals that week too.

For general weekly cleaning, I do that.
Vacuum, mop, dust, bed sheets, bathrooms, laundry, etc. Sometimes if my fiance is off, he will mop as he enjoys it.

Depending on when he gets home, we will often cook together. Sometimes I will prep stuff like chopping or make the side dish so we just have to do the main part. Whoever does the cooking (frying, etc), the other person washes up. If he won't be home until later, I will make dinner and he will clean up.

My fiance does a lot around the house such as DIY, whether painting, yard work, building stuff for us.

In the spring, we do a huge deep clean that we do together over a weekend.
Your fiancé sounds like a great guy! My oh wants to get a cleaner so he doesn't have to clean, but the reality is that there are odd jobs that need to be done daily etc