House chores

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My partner does duck all. He will feed the dog and change the bin bag if I ask him about 50 times beforehand.
I don't think he has ever offered to help with anything! Constant argument but I try and look past it.

Reactions: 2
It’s about 80/20 here. I don’t work so I do a mini clean every day and Hoover. I do the food shop (online) and make all the meals.
He cleans up after tea, hoovers at the weekend, takes down washings etc. Basically anything he can see to do when he’s home.

He cleans all the shower cubicles. I used vykal in the shower one year and put myself in the hospital and it killed my chest. Since then he’s just done it.

Reactions: 1
I work one day a week, so I do the majority of the house/kid stuff!
I cook, he washes up, he does the washing, the bins, the garden etc but if I ask him to help he will, he just doesn’t seem to see the things that need doing like I do c

My OH does duck all getting to the point he doesn't even flush the toilet fully after a tit so when in come home from work the entire house smell of it. Drops chocolate bar wrappers where ever hes finishes then all round kitchen and living room. He works long hours but I'm doing 50plus hours this week. he left me a note and a key to his car to please Hoover it because he wont have time to before his bleeping ex borrows it to take their child somewhere

• Wow
Reactions: 5
My OH does duck all getting to the point he doesn't even flush the toilet fully after a tit so when in come home from work the entire house smell of it. Drops chocolate bar wrappers where ever hes finishes then all round kitchen and living room. He works long hours but I'm doing 50plus hours this week. he left me a note and a key to his car to please Hoover it because he wont have time to before his bleeping ex borrows it to take their child somewhere
WOW, that is so unfair on you!!! Do you talk to him about it?

I thought my ex was bad - is he bringing other talents to the relationship? hope so as he sounds a bit mean to be fair x

My partner does duck all. He will feed the dog and change the bin bag if I ask him about 50 times beforehand.
I don't think he has ever offered to help with anything! Constant argument but I try and look past it.
Feel like I've posted this my self. Tbf mine offers but only when I'm banging about with the arse on. He just fucks it up!

WOW, that is so unfair on you!!! Do you talk to him about it?
I get off him I work hard I'm hardly here etc. My job its weird shift patterns I could be in all day but then be working 6pm till 2am or 8am till 6pm. He works 8 till 5 monday to Friday gets in from anything from 5 or 7 depending on where hes been sent works on a Saturday 8 till 3 and picks up most sundays 8 till 12. All because he has everything to pay out ie his kids (previous relationships)etc
I am honestly at breaking point that everything he does is for other people never thought if me made a joke last night he bought me some bold said happy valentine's!!
Say I'm not bothered about him buying me things etc but when his child gets spoilt every weekend and I get him saying he broke makes my piss boil
Plus hes seeing bowling for soup on valentine's day with his mate coz he didnt realise what day it was really clues in date
Think I'm only with him it feels as a servant I cant afford to buy him out his share of mortage deposit etc

I get off him I work hard I'm hardly here etc. My job its weird shift patterns I could be in all day but then be working 6pm till 2am or 8am till 6pm. He works 8 till 5 monday to Friday gets in from anything from 5 or 7 depending on where hes been sent works on a Saturday 8 till 3 and picks up most sundays 8 till 12. All because he has everything to pay out ie his kids (previous relationships)etc
I am honestly at breaking point that everything he does is for other people never thought if me made a joke last night he bought me some bold said happy valentine's!!
Say I'm not bothered about him buying me things etc but when his child gets spoilt every weekend and I get him saying he broke makes my piss boil
Plus hes seeing bowling for soup on valentine's day with his mate coz he didnt realise what day it was really clues in date
Think I'm only with him it feels as a servant I cant afford to buy him out his share of mortage deposit etc
I really, really feel for you. His behaviour is totally an utterly acceptable. He would be out on his arse if he was my husband... BUT I know that is WAY easier said than done. The problem is you'll just end up resenting him, I find resentment easily then manifests into hate. He has to want to change though. You should tell him just how bad he makes you feel when he does this. Try and talk to him when hes not expecting it. I find that when I am angry with my husband I end up ranting and he just doesnt take me seriously.

Reactions: 5
I really, really feel for you. His behaviour is totally an utterly acceptable. He would be out on his arse if he was my husband... BUT I know that is WAY easier said than done. The problem is you'll just end up resenting him, I find resentment easily then manifests into hate. He has to want to change though. You should tell him just how bad he makes you feel when he does this. Try and talk to him when hes not expecting it. I find that when I am angry with my husband I end up ranting and he just doesnt take me seriously.
tit that was deffo supposed to say UNACCEPTABLE

Absolutely, resentment is a killer in a relationship. I think the thing about chores and living with someone is nobody wants to feel taken for granted. Sure, you may have more free time or higher standards, but your partner should recognise what you do and be grateful for it. Leaving washing up because you know the other person will do it is not ok, stacking it neatly by the sink and saying I’m sorry I didn’t have time to do that this morning is better. And if you’re out all day at work and you know they’ll have cleaned the house, maybe bring back something for them as a sign of appreciation- what’s nicer than coming home to a clean place after all ?

In my opinion having your dinner cooked and the groceries bought is the best thing ever and I’d do anything for that. The thing is, house work can be done anytime, and if you can’t be arsed one day and put it off until the next day, no one will notice. Whereas the food shop HAS to be bought, dinner, lunch etc HAS to be made or you’ll not eat. Everyone notices that. Also, one person cooking dinner every night means they have to come up with different meals constantly which can be a total pain in the arse or else you’d get bored eating the same stuff week in week out whereas if there were 2 people sharing that job, it naturally would be mixed up a wee bit.
I love your take on it! It's true, we do need to eat every day, but when we can't be bothered to cook (I do cook once a month lol) we just order something or have noodles.

What we do together is plan meals and decide together so it's not just on him :)

Omg. I don't know how you deal with that. If my fiance was like that, I would have left him and it would drive me MAD.

You know that is not normal right? He needs a kick up the arse. That is disgusting. There is zero excuse to not flush the damn toilet. I am mad for you.

Omg, this is so wrong. You need to talk to him. You'll build up resentment and eventually leave.

Reactions: 3
Omg. I don't know how you deal with that. If my fiance was like that, I would have left him and it would drive me MAD.

You know that is not normal right? He needs a kick up the arse. That is disgusting. There is zero excuse to not flush the damn toilet. I am mad for you.
The toilet is one where theres two one for we one for pooh he is too busy apparently to make sure hes pressed right one I keep saying press both we aren't on a water meter

I’m at home studying part time. I do everything. I don’t expect my husband to come home after work and do any cleaning or cooking etc but on the weekend he will cook a evening meal and wash up. I iron as I need and not in advance so he may in the evening offer to iron his work clothes and our daughter‘s school uniform. However 9 times out of ten I do that too and the packed lunches. I think it’s only fair when I’m at home. However he knows that when I go back to work properly and then with the studying commitments- It will have to be more 50/50.