Holly Gabrielle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Summary of new video: she spends the whole time complaining about how hard it is for a young person to "get on the property ladder", while simultaneously revealing the fact that her and Emily have enough money for a deposit and had a house lined up to buy pre-COVID 🤦‍♀️ When people say it's hard to get on the property ladder these days, they're not on about 22 year olds with enough money to buy a house straight out of uni...!

She doesn't mention renting at all in the video, and doesn't seem to realise this is how most people first move out of home.
Wtf. Out of touch much Holly?

Also given this how can she talk about how expensive London is?!

Reactions: 6
Just watched her latest video... I can never get over how clinical and empty her house looks. Almost looks like it's just been burgled!

View attachment 195266

I find it hard to listen to Holly much these days with the fake Australian twang to her accent.
There is something so odd about her whole family...I just can’t put my finger on what it is... I don’t get how she thinks ,living out of the family home equals buying a house/flat? To me this really implies she has no friends as almost no one would do this in their early 20s (unless insanely rich). This house looks like a show home that no one lives in tbh

Reactions: 3
There is something so odd about her whole family...I just can’t put my finger on what it is... I don’t get how she thinks ,living out of the family home equals buying a house/flat? To me this really implies she has no friends as almost no one would do this in their early 20s (unless insanely rich). This house looks like a show home that no one lives in tbh
Agreed. And I think her mum is quite obsessive about cleaning - I remember in her video where Holly follows her mum's (OTT productive) morning routine, when her mum's wiping down the surfaces Holly says 'this is something mum probably won't let me do this because it has to be done in a very precise way'...

Yeah, I don't think she has friends she could share a flat with, be it rented or bought, though I think it would do her the world of good to move out. Seems she doesn't want to rent though, and is just thinking about getting on the property ladder...at 22, having never had a full time job. She's living in a bubble.

It’s so strange these days go see “influencers” think they can’t move out until they have enough for a deposit on a house. Yes, the renting market is awful but everyone I know from either uni or work, moved out when they went to study and kept renting with friends after that. We’d never have stayed at home that long, especially if we already had money saved up.

Reactions: 5
It’s so strange these days go see “influencers” think they can’t move out until they have enough for a deposit on a house. Yes, the renting market is awful but everyone I know from either uni or work, moved out when they went to study and kept renting with friends after that. We’d never have stayed at home that long, especially if we already had money saved up.
Plus at least in Aus our normally crazy housing market has deflated a bit which is great if you're thinking of buying a house so I'm not really sure why covid has prevented her from doing that unless the mum got to her?

Reactions: 1
I think it's partially Cambridge. My sister went there and I know a fair few of them think moving out is properly moving out rather than renting, but it's because they're rich and also Cambridge basically throws money at you in bursaries and support. It's obviously not everyone, but it's quite a few.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Just watched her latest video... I can never get over how clinical and empty her house looks. Almost looks like it's just been burgled!

View attachment 195266

I find it hard to listen to Holly much these days with the fake Australian twang to her accent.
You're absolutely right! There are no pictures framed, no posters, nothing on the walls! The house looks unsettling empty and white, as some sort of hospital or dentist's office...

I disagree, I moved back home after uni and worked straight away and now saving to buy a house. I think renting is just pretty pointless and you’ll more likely never own a house if you rent so I understand where she’s coming from in that sense.
But don’t get me wrong, it would do her the world of good to move out, she needs a social life and her family dynamic seems extremely strange and she’s very babied

Reactions: 1
Even hollys bedroom doesn’t have things on the walls or that much personality.

I also find it strange that her and Emily want to buy a house together. Wouldn’t that be a little weird In the next few years as they develop (doesn’t Emily have a long term boyfriend?)

Reactions: 7
I think renting is just pretty pointless and you’ll more likely never own a house if you rent so I understand where she’s coming from in that sense.
This is fine if your parents live near somewhere where you've managed to find a job, but a lot of people don't, so I wouldn't say renting is pointless.

I disagree, I moved back home after uni and worked straight away and now saving to buy a house. I think renting is just pretty pointless and you’ll more likely never own a house if you rent so I understand where she’s coming from in that sense.
But don’t get me wrong, it would do her the world of good to move out, she needs a social life and her family dynamic seems extremely strange and she’s very babied
Check your privilege 😂 Renting is absolutely not “pointless”. Millions of people are doing it.

Not everyone is able to move back to their family home after uni (the room may not be available anymore) or there may be no job opportunities.
Renting also allows you to experience living in a new area without committing to it long term.

im renting now and still managed to save for a house deposit.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I mean renting is pointless. I'm spending more on rent each month than I'd probably spend on a mortgage, and at the end of my lease I'm going to have nothing to show for that money spent. Unfortunately, I'm from a small town with no opportunities. I have to rent in a city. It's the only option for me if I want to be able to go to university and get a job. I don't have the opportunity to save for a house because I have to pay this extortionate rent to be able to afford any opportunities. I wish I didn't have to rent, I'd much rather be saving that money for a deposit, but it's just not an option for me or most of my friends.

I think it's a bad idea for her to move out with her "DUDE"... I wonder if the mum/dad has said they'll only allow Holly to move out if Emily/"DUDE" goes with her? If this happens, Holly will become a 24/7 gremlin- constantly pulling those silly faces and putting on the strange voice.
Also, Holly and her "DUDE" will constantly be comparing each other's diets, which is not healthy at all.

I mean renting is pointless. I'm spending more on rent each month than I'd probably spend on a mortgage, and at the end of my lease I'm going to have nothing to show for that money spent. Unfortunately, I'm from a small town with no opportunities. I have to rent in a city. It's the only option for me if I want to be able to go to university and get a job. I don't have the opportunity to save for a house because I have to pay this extortionate rent to be able to afford any opportunities. I wish I didn't have to rent, I'd much rather be saving that money for a deposit, but it's just not an option for me or most of my friends.
Rather than saying rent is pointless, I think what people are getting at is it’s not ideal. Rent can be useful for people who simply cannot afford to buy a property. Yes, you’re not investing your money anywhere, but you have a place to live from it. It’s not the same as a mortgage by any means, and I’d rather have a mortgage than rent any day, but sometimes that’s just not the way!

also, the reason why I think the whole ‘paying rent while at home’ thing is a bit iffy with Holly is because she already gave the impression that her parents don’t want her to move out, and it’s clear she has a lot of guilt attached to that, like it just seems that her family are trying to make it as tricky as possible for her to leave, rather than Holly helping her family out.

I think it's a bad idea for her to move out with her "DUDE"... I wonder if the mum/dad has said they'll only allow Holly to move out if Emily/"DUDE" goes with her? If this happens, Holly will become a 24/7 gremlin- constantly pulling those silly faces and putting on the strange voice.
Also, Holly and her "DUDE" will constantly be comparing each other's diets, which is not healthy at all.
That's a big thing I've thought about too. I don't think they're out of that competitive phase.

Yeah I mean to be fair we worked out that from living in a big city we've spent over ÂŁ70k on rent. And that figure was enough to make me feel a bit sick and start looking at moving North!

Renting is hard, but I think people find it difficult that if you don't have some kind of help with a deposit it is very difficult to do alone. And so much respect to those who have managed to, but let's not get into the whole "all you have to do is stop buying Starbucks" because that is not the case.

Yeah I mean to be fair we worked out that from living in a big city we've spent over ÂŁ70k on rent. And that figure was enough to make me feel a bit sick and start looking at moving North!

Renting is hard, but I think people find it difficult that if you don't have some kind of help with a deposit it is very difficult to do alone. And so much respect to those who have managed to, but let's not get into the whole "all you have to do is stop buying Starbucks" because that is not the case.
Those people drive me insane! Like yeah ÂŁ3 now and then might be able to help me save for a deposit eventually, but when I'm living off cheese sandwiches and pesto pasta I'm going to use that little bit of money that I do have to buy myself a nice coffee now and then. Holly clearly has a decent chunk of money from YouTube, her sister has worked for years so I'm sure she's saved up, and I'm sure their parents will chip in. They have no place to talk about how hard it is to get on the property ladder.

Reactions: 8
Holly always tries to play down her privilege when it comes to money and her family. Like, sure, your family might have it’s dysfunctions, but all families do! She’s super lucky to be in the position she’s in where she’s clearly got enough money to put down a deposit for a house so why is she complaining about how hard it is? It’s like she’s trying to act like she’s your average 22 year old but she just isn’t!! She’s clearly minted, but yet behaves like a 12 year old 😂😭

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.