Holly Gabrielle #6 Not Allowed to Eat Upstairs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Idk, I ✨romanticize✨ my life to help deal with it, and all the things I don't feel like/are hard to do but are necessary for my well being. It's nothing more than an aesthetic coping mechanism. I always figured it was us depressed girlies that started this trend 😁
I totally agree and I do the same from time to time! Although interestingly sometimes I find it makes me feel worse? Sometimes it can be sort of liberating to be like, yeah, this is kinda tit but that's okay, that's normal. I don't think I'm criticising romanticising per say, just when the idea is pushed by certain people...especially those who clearly have a lot of wealth and time.
Xx

Reactions: 5
This is genuinely really sad, she is so convinced what she’s doing now is somehow not-disordered in any way shape or form ??
The thing is, you don’t need to know Holly personally to know that she’s not ok - most of what she puts online screams that she isn’t. Ok, it might be a very heavily edited version of her life but even if she’s editing it because she thinks it looks ok (or because she thinks it doesn’t …) then that in itself is something of an issue. She’s also so incredibly sheltered that I don’t think she’d even have that basis for a healthy comparison anyway. I hate the word normal but the ‘normal’ of Holly and her family is not ‘normal’ at all.

Reactions: 12
This is genuinely really sad, she is so convinced what she’s doing now is somehow not-disordered in any way shape or form ??
There was a clip in her new video where her dad made a comment like “oh, you’re having a microwave meal?” and it upset her because she associates microwave meals as being unhealthy. And she said she “doesn’t want people to think she’s orthorexic”. 😐

• Sad
Reactions: 15
My first time hearing it's ✨normal✨ to experience rapid loss of eyesight in your early twenties... what?

rtyrtyrtyrt.jpg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
My first time hearing it's ✨normal✨ to experience rapid loss of eyesight in your early twenties... what?

View attachment 1316289
if you wear glasses before your early 20s, this is the time when your prescription usually 'settles'/stops changing so early 20s is the best time for laser surgery.

source: my optomestrist recommending me laser surgery in my early 20s

• Wow
Reactions: 6
if you wear glasses before your early 20s, this is the time when your prescription usually 'settles'/stops changing so early 20s is the best time for laser surgery.

source: my optomestrist recommending me laser surgery in my early 20s
Ok, so, you can ignore this next question and I will pretend I never asked if you do - Did you have any health issues that led to the eyesight loss in the first place?

I'm asking because I wonder if and how much of an influence Holly's diet could have had on this given that her eyesight only got bad enough for glasses after she developed anorexia.

Ok, so, you can ignore this next question and I will pretend I never asked if you do - Did you have any health issues that led to the eyesight loss in the first place?

I'm asking because I wonder if and how much of an influence Holly's diet could have had on this given that her eyesight only got bad enough for glasses after she developed anorexia.
I did struggle with an eating disorder in my teens, but never as bad as Holly's. My parents took me to therapy as soon as they noticed. And I'm... recovered I'd say. There's ups and downs.

But no, in my case the need for glasses/surgery was due to genetics.

I do know that long term eating issues can wreak havoc everywhere on your body though.

Reactions: 3

Just to chip in - I needed glasses from about 6 years old *thanks genetics*. but not to the point that I needed to wear them all the time. By the time I was in secondary school I wore them all the time. When I developed anorexia at 17ish, which was quite bad for a number of years, I don't think my eyesight deteriorated at all / only slightly. So in my case there definitely wasn't a link but I guess there could be for some people?

Reactions: 2
Also for anyone that can't be bothered to watch the latest vlog it is clear that her exercise obsession is getting worse / there's no denying she has one... in one day she runs to the gym, does a workout then runs back another day she walks/runs (not sure) to the gym, does a swim session and then a gym session before presumably running/walking home, I get the impression she's doing this amount of activity everyday. This girl needs a real job, volunteering or a hobby (not exercise-related)

• Sad
Reactions: 19
I don't know if Holly fondly reminiscing about her dancing days on Tiktok is so great for her mental health-wise tbh. After all, the good old days when she was "working her way up dance grades" was also the hight of her eating disorder wasn't it? So it seems like a bit of misplaced nostalgia to me.
she's just replaced dancing with running, it's sad. no self awareness really

Reactions: 8
Looks like holly is already losing motivation with her ByHollyG YouTube channel. I remember her saying that she wanted to focus on it this year, however she hasn’t uploaded a full length video in over 3 months. Since then she has only posted shorts. I wonder if it’s to do with the shocking view counts, it’s clearly not doing as well as she’d hoped, as much as she’d like to believe she was only doing it for “passion” 🥴

• Wow
Reactions: 17
Looks like holly is already losing motivation with her ByHollyG YouTube channel. I remember her saying that she wanted to focus on it this year, however she hasn’t uploaded a full length video in over 3 months. Since then she has only posted shorts. I wonder if it’s to do with the shocking view counts, it’s clearly not doing as well as she’d hoped, as much as she’d like to believe she was only doing it for “passion” 🥴
Lol. She's so full of tit. If it really was a passion project like she claims, she would have been doing it while still in college as a student. And it would have done much better back then too.

That channel was started purely because it was time to get a real job and she freaked out. Just like Ruby with her ✨becoming a writer✨ as a source of income.

Reactions: 11
Looking at all the instagrams she links to in her bio:

narna: last post 79 weeks ago, last new clothing release Aug 2020

Hollygemia: last post 29 weeks ago, I assume it's going well, but it's not like Holly is doing all the tutoring

veganhollyeats: last post 50 weeks ago, okay it's just a 2nd account but for someone who lOVEs FoOD she's not putting much effort in

and now her ByHollyG youtube channel, last full video was over 3 months ago

She's not exactly great with following through with all these side projects is she?

Reactions: 25
It’s quite annoying how she gets gifted products from food/drink companies when she’s literally never going to eat or repurchase them since she restricts herself so much

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.