Holly Gabrielle #4 Any excuse to take her shirt off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Really sad to see all these laptops being given to influencers who literally use them once and shove them away in a drawer when there are SO MANY students in this country who need them and don’t have access to them

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Really sad to see all these laptops being given to influencers who literally use them once and shove them away in a drawer when there are SO MANY students in this country who need them and don’t have access to them
She shouldn't have accepted this one so soon after receiving the other one. Just makes her look greedy. She doesn't have to accept every ad.

Reactions: 9
I can't believe how small she made the AD writing on the thumbnail, why do so many influencers like to pretend they're not doing an ad?? :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 12
If she didn't already have a surface, I could maybe, maybe, understand her accepting the laptop because a lot of software you use for research is compatible with Windows only so it would make sense with her master's project coming up. But accepting a third laptop is just ridiculous. I have been teaching uni students all year who don't have laptops that are good enough to even run Excel, and she accepts a laptop she won't even touch again??

• Heart
Reactions: 14
And, for someone who constantly goes on about sustainability, it seems very hypocritical to keep accepting laptops that she doesn’t need.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I know these big companies are busy, but it would be good for them to watch these youtuber's videos before sponsoring them. Then they would realize that Holly is a terrible person for promoting windows devices.

Also, most of us here understand that Holly's comments about the surface don't reflect the true quality of the device. I worry that preteens who watch her won't know any better, and think they need to shell out the extra money for a mac.

• Heart
This doesn't just apply to Holly but YouTubers in general - how can they live with themselves taking all this gifted tit from companies knowing there are so many people who cannot afford these things, need it way more and would actually use it, while they let it collect dust in a corner? Fair enough if you have an Apple device and don't plan on switching, but then contact the company and ask whether you can donate it/do a giveaway/etc or send it back? I don't expect much from brands and capitalists but young educated people (like studytubers) should know better.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
So much wrong with the video,
1) That free laptop disgusted me
2) Should barley meditate for 10 mins
3) She looks so much thinner when she was jumping round her kitchen (compared to Australia, so sad)
4) The living room looks like a prison

I hate being negetive about someone, but she needs help

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Honestly Holly being CEO or whatever of a tutoring business is still so weird to me. Like I just don't get the impression from her videos that she enjoys it, it seems like just one more chore/todo list item for her? Plus she doesn't seem really interested in either business administration or education/teaching.. and she's not even handling the business herself really, seeing how her mom constantly has to help her/watch over what Holly does. (Then again maybe I'm just salty cause I've been tutoring for years but I've never founded a business lmao)
I think maybe COVID influenced that decision? Online tutoring on a smaller scale was probably just convenient when she wanted to keep working during her gap year/ time traveling, and since she is a study tuber, she could just skip going through an agency. And then COVID increased the demand, with more (financially privileged) students looking for online tutoring, and more young people/ recent graduates looking for jobs they can do online as opposed to helping out in an after school program or a face to face tutoring business. This could be the type of business (like online co-working spaces, yoga classes, therapy etc) that will still exis after the pandemic but might shrink a little bit because the demand isn't going to be the same.

Reactions: 3
This doesn't just apply to Holly but YouTubers in general - how can they live with themselves taking all this gifted tit from companies knowing there are so many people who cannot afford these things, need it way more and would actually use it, while they let it collect dust in a corner? Fair enough if you have an Apple device and don't plan on switching, but then contact the company and ask whether you can donate it/do a giveaway/etc or send it back? I don't expect much from brands and capitalists but young educated people (like studytubers) should know better.
I’d hazard a guess that a lot of them don’t know (or rather, don’t connect the dots to understand) that there are lots of people out there who can’t afford these things. The study tubers might be young and educated but most of them come across as incredibly sheltered and naive. I genuinely don’t think it occurs to most of them that just because money/a product is offered, it doesn’t mean that you have to take it - just look at the recent ads some of them did for Holocaust Memorial Day. It’s tasteless and tacky as hell to take money for something like that but Ruby and Jack did it, and it doesn’t seem to have occurred to either of them that they can say they support or care about something without being sponsored.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Yeah this! And also it's not like Holly has ever been super socially aware or interested in helping other people - I mean after all she has never done any kind of charitiy/social work or anything like that as an extracurricular, at least as far as we know. Everything was always about Holly (Holly's studying/grades, Holly's dancing, Holly's running, Holly's vegan diet, etc).

Sure she'll talk about how her being a vegan is more sustainable etc which fair enough, that's true. But it's not the same as actively helping other people. Even something as simple as tutoring underpriviledged kids for free, or donating blood, or reading to people at an old age home, or helping to organize a protest at university, or... One of the thousands of options you have for doing sth that goes beyond your own immediate self-interest. I'm not saying Holly should be Mother Theresa or anything, but I just find it a bit sad that she's never done any of these (small, mundane) things - especially since I bet there are LOTS of societies and student initiatives at Cambridge.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
privilege privilege and more privilege. spending her time accepting expensive laptops (which she will end up putting to the side of her room again because even a change from Mac to Windows will be too much for Holly to handle), prancing around her massive home with its massive extension, complaining about ‘having a bad sleep’ when if she stopped working earlier she could just.... erm.... sleep earlier? She barely even said thank you for the sponsorship or seemed relatively engaged with the laptop 🧐🧐

God the laptop thing makes me so mad. She barely even said anything that would suggest she plans to use it. Especially since she will be doing a computational project, this would be an excellent opportunity to advertise a laptop – I’ve done a bioinformatics project on a Mac and these were so many instances in which I could make use of an extra laptop, especially a Windows/Linux one. Even if she doesn’t want to do that, then donate👏🏻 it👏🏻!

• Heart
i don't necessarily have a problem with brands choosing to use study tube to promote computers etc. However I wish they'd raise awareness of tech-poverty which is affecting many students, and agree with the brand that they can donate it

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Holly is literally the worst person to choose to review tech as well. She often says that she doesn’t even know how to do certain things on her Mac, and she has to ask Emily to help her.
if I was looking to buy a laptop, I certainly wouldn’t trust her review lollll

Omg that video was SO boring. 15 mins. of my life I'll never get back. How does she make even new video ideas somehow more of the same thing?

Reactions: 5
BA791C78-D120-46F7-9DB4-54CCE53E8186.png

So this is what happened to the surface tablet she was gifted. Being put to good use I see.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 55
View attachment 501774

So this is what happened to the surface tablet she was gifted. Being put to good use I see.
this is disgusting!!! clearly shows she is ignorant about tech priviledge and rubbing it in the face of her followers (lots of which come from countries where that is a real issue, just looking at her latest video, India and Turkmenistan popped up quite a lot)

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.