Holidays 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anybody interested in Vietnam - it is the best long haul place ever - honestly, Our first time was 1990 on a Thomas Cook Rail Tour which was wonderful.
We have had a 3 month visa for the last 8 years in Vietnam and spent time all over the country. Love it, (We have not been able to go for the last 2 years but it now opening up)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Does anyone have any recommendations for Jamaica? I literally know nothing about it so not sure the best parts/hotels/excursions/flights - anything you think may be helpful I would be extremely appreciative!
It's not somewhere I would personally go unless you are happy to spend all your time in resort, which is fine.

I haven't been personally but I know several who have been who said they wouldn't go back as they genuinely felt unsafe. They were quite shocked at open drug dealing going on the beaches and in resort. Another had a couple of trios cancelled due to gun fights breaking out.

Reactions: 1
Anybody interested in Vietnam - it is the best long haul place ever - honestly, Our first time was 1990 on a Thomas Cook Rail Tour which was wonderful.
We have had a 3 month visa for the last 8 years in Vietnam and spent time all over the country. Love it, (We have not been able to go for the last 2 years but it now opening up)
I’m desperate to go to Vietnam, if it hadnt been for the pandemic I would have def been in the past two years. However I now have a dog and think week holidays will probably be the longest we can do now 😭 In 2019 I was torn between going on holiday to Bali or Vietnam, I chose Bali but now kind of regret it!

Anyone done a Singapore/Malaysia holiday? Thinking of going somewhere long haul next year always fancied a few days in singapore then a beach destination in Malaysia somehow.

@AutumnSpring

I’m going to disagree with the person who said Jamaica is unsafe etc. I went two years ago, we stayed at the Riu Palace Tropical Bay in Negril and we absolutely loved it. Negril is wonderful, the best beaches and much better than Montego Bay. We did a catamaran to Ricks Cafe with some snorkeling and also then Margaritaville. We went on an excursion to Dunn’s Rivers, we did the Appleton Estate where they make the rum, we went to a bar in the middle of the sea, we went on a raft, we also went to Runaway Bay to do some horses in the sea which was beautiful. We never ever felt unsafe once. Yes there are beach vendors, never really saw drug deals, maybe some cannabis but I take no offense to that. Also the vendors on the beach are not allowed to come past a certain point.

Our hotel was wonderful 😍 we would 10000% go back there. On our beach we had a little market further up too. Jamaica was something else!

We went end of November into start of December and it was gorgeous weather, I don’t think we had any rain whatsoever. It was reasonable price for us too - think we paid about 1700 flights, extra legroom, hotel for all inclusive booked with TUI.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m desperate to go to Vietnam, if it hadnt been for the pandemic I would have def been in the past two years. However I now have a dog and think week holidays will probably be the longest we can do now 😭 In 2019 I was torn between going on holiday to Bali or Vietnam, I chose Bali but now kind of regret it!
Now off you go to Vietnam :LOL: Don't try and pack too much in for 2 weeks but definitely worth going. Hoi An is very touristy now (but it does not change just gets busier) but so are many places in Vietnam so don't dismiss it like lots of people are now doing. Hoi An, Danang and Hue is a brilliant taster.

Edit - sorry I read 2 weeks. We once went to Perth in Australia for a week to meet up with family we had never met.

• Heart
Anyone done a Singapore/Malaysia holiday? Thinking of going somewhere long haul next year always fancied a few days in singapore then a beach destination in Malaysia somehow.
Go to Langkawi I've been several times and always enjoyed it

We’re going to Cornwall in July. It will be my youngest daughter’s first holiday because of Covid. I’ve chosen a place with one of the nicest beaches. Fingers crossed we get good weather.

I cannot wait to visit Vietnam, it looks incredible. We had been planning to go around spring 2021 but then covid came around in 2020 so we never booked it. We were looking again around spring this year but it was not ideal so I have my fingers crossed for 2023!

I absolutely love Vietnam :love: spent a few months there travelling around so if you need any tips let me know!

Does anyone recommend Turkey as a holiday? If so, what area and any particular holidays?

I’m in desperate need of sun and can’t decide where I want to go 😂

Does anyone recommend Turkey as a holiday? If so, what area and any particular holidays?

I’ve been to Turkey twice. It’s not my favourite place, but I did enjoy Bodrum

• Heart
I’ve been to Turkey twice. It’s not my favourite place, but I did enjoy Bodrum
I love Turkey, been to Bodrum a few times and Icmeler and loved both of them so will return at some point, last time I stayed in a 5* hotel in Lara Beach but found the guests horrendous so wouldn’t return there.

• Heart

I went to Turkey only once (sadly). A place called Didim on the Aegean coast. Was beautiful, great value for money and the food superb. Had a superb full Turkish Bath experience for only £25, and a wonderful Aegean half day boat ride inc delicious lunch onboard and several stops to get into the sea, also for £25. Would love to go back to Turkey and see more.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I'm trying to decide where to book for my December holiday, it's between Thailand and Mexico ( Riviera Maya) I've been to both of them several times and spent 6 months in Thailand so know it well. Thailand is my favourite country in the world so it would be my first choice but I wouldn't be surprised if they still have covid restrictions in like tests upon arrival etc which puts me off, the idea of going to Mexico with no tests needed and just lying in the sun with 24/7 all inclusive food and drink does appeal 🤣 what would you book in this situation?

I unfortunately had quite a negative experience there which put me off for life and so did one of my closest friends who went there separately to me so wouldn't go again. But lots of people are return visitors so it's obviously got something to offer.

I unfortunately had quite a negative experience there which put me off for life and so did one of my closest friends who went there separately to me so wouldn't go again. But lots of people are return visitors so it's obviously got something to offer.
Yeah I’ve always been put off it in the past without any good reason but the fact so many return has got me intrigued.

To be honest, I just want a holiday and I just have no idea where I want to go and my boyfriend isn’t being much help 😂

I'm trying to decide where to book for my December holiday, it's between Thailand and Mexico ( Riviera Maya) I've been to both of them several times and spent 6 months in Thailand so know it well. Thailand is my favourite country in the world so it would be my first choice but I wouldn't be surprised if they still have covid restrictions in like tests upon arrival etc which puts me off, the idea of going to Mexico with no tests needed and just lying in the sun with 24/7 all inclusive food and drink does appeal 🤣 what would you book in this situation?
I’ve been to Thailand once and loved it and would probably choose Thailand over Mexico (I haven’t been to Mexico fyi) IF it was pre 2019, but at the minute I would go with Mexico, then Atleast it’s less of a worry. Could you not book more last minute and see what retractions are like then?

Was thinking about booking Amsterdam in June, can't tell if it's a good idea with the current situation in Ukraine (in case it escalates) 😬 am I being over cautious?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.