Hilaria Baldwin / Hillary Hayward-Thomas and Alec Baldwin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder what would happen and she did completely lie to Alec and he divorces her, would he have to pay her big amounts like Hollywood dads seem to do as he could argue that their marriage was built on a massive lie
Just because she’s bullshitter doesn’t mean he should get out of paying for his children. Besides, looking at the evidence I’m beginning to think he was pushing the Spanish thing more than she was. The Ellen interview is quite telling, I think it’s obvious Ellen knew they were bullshitting the Spanish angle, and Alec knows that she knows - iyswim.

Reactions: 10
Just because she’s bullshitter doesn’t mean he should get out of paying for his children. Besides, looking at the evidence I’m beginning to think he was pushing the Spanish thing more than she was. The Ellen interview is quite telling, I think it’s obvious Ellen knew they were bullshitting the Spanish angle, and Alec knows that she knows - iyswim.
*He knows she knows he knows.

*one of my favourite Friends episodes.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Oh I didn’t mean getting out of payments, I mean her trying to rinse him of millions which is the usual Hollywood move

Reactions: 2
I found this video of her speaking Spanish:

Looks to me like all accent and not much substance. If she was really pushed to talk beyond these short and practiced phrases, then I doubt her level would be much good.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I can’t be the only one that thinks it’s strange her only known ex boyfriend is called Eduardo and she called her youngest baby Eduardo? I wonder if Alec knew that was her ex’s name?

• Wow
Reactions: 7

Looks to me like all accent and not much substance. If she was really pushed to talk beyond these short and practiced phrases, then I doubt her level would be much good.
At the very start she nearly vomitted out her tongue, my God!

• Haha
Reactions: 11

I’d love to know what a native Spanish speaker thinks of this

• Sick
Reactions: 12
I read that Sicilians have an incredible mix of lots of ancestry so I do find it a shame that the US have decided that to align the heritage with being a bloody gangster, it is so annoying
Oooh, my time to shine! lol

I am Sicilian-American (grandparents from Italy). I did a DNA test and these were my results, which were what I expected given the history of the island.

It's an authentic part of US culture that has developed that they want to honour their ancestries, and identify strongly with small parts of their heritages. It's a natural response to living in a country that is truly made up of immigrants, and with very little recorded history from before a few hundred years ago. People in Britain have over 2000 years recorded history, and 9000-11000 years of blood ties to the island and our close neighbours who came from the continent.

It's not wrong that Americans like to honour their distant family history, even if it seems obsessive and fake to us.

I also disagree with the notion that Spanish people are definitely white and Americans are stupid. First of all, there are very few people from Spain who live in America. So the assumption for Americans when hearing the term "Spanish" is a Spanish language speaker from the former colonies, where many of them have partial non-Euro ancestry. There will have been many people who didn't look at Hilaria's interviews where she describes herself as from actual Spain, and just vaguely know of her as some kind of Latina. There is also the delibarate confusion on Hilaria's part and trying to attach herself to Hispanic narratives, such as people thinking she's her kids' nanny.

I am born and raised in here the UK with ancestry from the UK, Ireland and Germany. I have only recently started to hear of Mediterranean people referred to as white, and assumed the opposite to above posters, who think Americans only tolerate Hitler's wet dreams as whites. I thought that this recent including of Mediterraneans as white was due to the American influence of calling everyone vaguely Caucasian white, due to less than half of US whites having more than 95% white ancestry. Legally, in the USA they even consider Arabs to be white. I certainly never thought of Spanish people as white or instinctively as "like me", unlike north or east European people from other countries. However we choose to label them with words, there is a visible difference between north and south Europeans.

They had a long history of being colonised and raided by Moors, as did other south west European countries, while the south-eastern countries of Europe where colonised for several centuries by Turks during the Ottoman empire. It is plainly obvious from looking at them that they have Arab/Turk ancestry. You only have to look at artworks from south European countries from before Islamic colonisation to see that the people there used to look the same as North Europeans. There is also the genetic differences between southern Europeans, and the fact they have more African DNA, which is almost non-existent in northern europe. Meanwhile in some northern parts of Spain that the Moors didn't manage to colonise, such as the Basque country, the people there still look like north Europeans. Its the same with north vs south Italy.

That is a very long way to say that I disagree with calling those who think that Spanish people are not white are stupid. It's a valid opinion based on the above facts. Most racial categories have subjective definitions and cut-off points, so who's to say one definition is more correct than the other? It's like the how many grains of sand does it take to become a "pile" philosophical question. We all know what a "pile of sand" looks like but at what point does it objectively become one? No one can say yet we all know what one is when we look at it.
I co-sign all of this! As an American who is keenly interested in her heritage (I also speak Italian and Sicilian fluently and actually live in Italy, however), I always roll my eyes at the way people talk about us when it comes to this. We are a nation of immigrants. Of course we're interested in learning about where we come from! We do not have the history here in the U.S. that most people in Europe do. For example, my SO is Dutch and his family has been in the same small town since probably the 1200s, whereas my family is in the U.S. only since the 1940s! And being that I am from NYC, my story is not unique.

Europeans just love to tit on everything we do, lol.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 9

I am Sicilian-American (grandparents from Italy). I did a DNA test and these were my results, which were what I expected given the history of the island.
Wooooow That’s so cool!!!!! I love that breakdown!!! I went back around 5 generations on ancestory and my heritage is just U.K., literally England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales. I couldn’t be anymore British... it’s so boring!!!

Reactions: 4
This story is so FUNNY and bizarre shes a grown ass adult dying her hair black calling her kids Spanish sounding names she deffo told her kids theyre spanish 😂😂😂 its just funny and weird did her parents not say anything ???

Reactions: 13
I don’t think there’s a chance in hell that he can pretend he wasn’t in on this and have reasonable grounds for divorce.
Not only did he announce, endorse and ostentatiously mention that his wife was Spanish on many many (possibly EVERY) occasion in TV shows/ red carpets etc he also came out on his IG to try and refute all of the claims that his wife was a fake, saying ‘consider the source’ of these rumours. Just Trying to deflect away from his wife’s phoniness and focus on supposed‘errors made in the press’ as if they have erroneously reported that she is Spanish!! He hates the media.
But what he is forgetting is that HE has mentioned many many times that his wife is Spanish and forced her to speak Spanish on TV and really played up the whole Spanish theme. So HE is the source 🤷‍♀️!!!
I think he will be deeply embarrassed by all of this becoming public, but will have to standby his insane wife and his whole flotilla of Spanish children. He will be the subject of many many jokes in the years to come! How you say in spaneeesh .. In your face ?!
As for her, her gig is up, and she will just have to fade away. Her credibility is zero, or nada as she might say 🥒.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
The pics of them out with 2 of the kids and the baby they had 2 nannies, some comments saying they have 4 nannies altogether! She's hardly a hands on mum by the sound of it!
I can confirm they have SO MANY nannies!! I lived a couple blocks from them for 4+ years and it was so strange passing all the nannies on the way to and from the park with their kids all the time. It was a wall of nannies approaching on the sidewalk. There were only 3 kids then and they each had their own nanny pushing their stroller. I only saw Alec and Hilaria with the oldest one once and the nannies with the kids constantly basically everywhere I went.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I’d love to know what a native Spanish speaker thinks of this
My husband is a native speaker, but of Mexican Spanish. To him it sounds totally like a Spaniard, but I doubt someone from Spain would think the same.
I’m a fluent speaker and what gives it away to me is the short sentences and limited vocabulary. She seems to want to say somethings but stops herself and says it the easier way.

My husband is a native speaker, but of Mexican Spanish. To him it sounds totally like a Spaniard, but I doubt someone from Spain would think the same.
I’m a fluent speaker and what gives it away to me is the short sentences and limited vocabulary. She seems to want to say somethings but stops herself and says it the easier way.
I noticed the halting pattern to her speech like she had to think about it a bit. Very interesting!

I can confirm they have SO MANY nannies!! I lived a couple blocks from them for 4+ years and it was so strange passing all the nannies on the way to and from the park with their kids all the time. It was a wall of nannies approaching on the sidewalk. There were only 3 kids then and they each had their own nanny pushing their stroller. I only saw Alec and Hilaria with the oldest one once and the nannies with the kids constantly basically everywhere I went.
Love this insider knowledge so much, thank you for posting it!
Out of interest when you did see them with their oldest , what were they doing? where were they going? to the park ? Or did it look like or something else?
Thought the woe-is-me pap walk was very odd yesterday that they did. Especially as she was actually with the kids , The nannies were shown for the first time, possibly in an effort to seem ‘more normal’, even though 5 nannies is clearly not in any way normal 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Love this insider knowledge so much, thank you for posting it!
Out of interest when you did see I like and Henry reset oldest, what were they doing where are they going? to the park ? Or did it look like or something else?
Thought the woe-is-me pap walk was very odd yesterday that they did. Especially as she was actually with the kids , The nannies were shown for the first time, possibly in an effort to seem ‘more normal’, even though 5 nannies is clearly not in any way normal 😂
Sorry, I don’t understand the first part that you wrote?

I was surprised to see the nannies in the paparazzi photos yesterday as well. They work with the paparazzi a lot but the nannies usually never appear in any photos.

Reactions: 3

I find it very basic and text book

I find it very basic and text book
I actually thought she was good!! I myself have lived in Spain and to the untrained person she sounds like a true Spaniard!! The intonation and the accent, let’s say she doesn’t sound a foreigner speaking Spanish!! I was expecting her to be worse

Reactions: 2
There are 2 massive threads on MN about this and the Spanish people who have contributed haven pretty much uniformly said her Spanish is amazing, and that she must be one of those natural linguistics.

• Wow
Reactions: 7

I co-sign all of this! As an American who is keenly interested in her heritage (I also speak Italian and Sicilian fluently and actually live in Italy, however), I always roll my eyes at the way people talk about us when it comes to this. We are a nation of immigrants. Of course we're interested in learning about where we come from! We do not have the history here in the U.S. that most people in Europe do. For example, my SO is Dutch and his family has been in the same small town since probably the 1200s, whereas my family is in the U.S. only since the 1940s! And being that I am from NYC, my story is not unique.

Europeans just love to tit on everything we do, lol.
It’s not surprising people from the US want to know their history and ancestry at all, more that British don’t do this as as much because like you say, Europeans have a long history.

so when people were asking how/why she had got away with it, this is what sprang to mind. I think she jumped on the bandwagon and told a lot of fibs and no one questioned it because it’s really common (and normal I might add) in the US to be proud of your heritage. I did use a stupid example of an Italian family who couldn’t make any Italian food but I think that was meant to be in common with Hilary, not all Americans as a generalisation!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.