Hilaria Baldwin / Hillary Hayward-Thomas and Alec Baldwin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder what the need to have blanks in a prop gun was? I don't know much about acting but I don't think a gun being used for a prop needs to be loaded at all.

Reactions: 3
I wonder what the need to have blanks in a prop gun was? I don't know much about acting but I don't think a gun being used for a prop needs to be loaded at all.
Look up the film the crow and what happened

Maybe the cinematographer asked him to aim towards the camera, she would have been beside or behind it.
DM have pics of Alec in distress.
Makes sense

Reactions: 3
I did before I posted. I still don't understand the need for the gun to be loaded with blanks. Sorry it doesn't make sense to me.
I would hope in the future they can just have an empty prop gun and use CGI and acting. So sad that this happened ☹

Reactions: 6
Error and blame won't be on Alex. It will be the props team. There's bullets used in certain scenes in films for authnecity and someone obviously mixed guns up or didn't unload it

I did before I posted. I still don't understand the need for the gun to be loaded with blanks. Sorry it doesn't make sense to me.
Otherwise the audience would be annoyed as they're almost impossible to say cgi them in

Only know cause Ive family in the film industry and it almost happened to an uncle of mine with a gun on set. Its crazy but its an error on the props team.

Reactions: 5
Not something you'd wish on anyone having to live with, even AB. I hope this shuts him and Hilary up on social media for good.

Reactions: 8
I'm baffled by this. Aren't the props checked before they get anywhere near the film set. Is there not some sign out, sign in system in place as a further safety measure.

I can’t believe something like that could happen - especially after The Crow. What a freak accident :(

Reactions: 10
I think by law they have to have a firearms expert on set, god only knows what has happened, maybe they were cutting corners with production costs. A woman has lost her life and quite a few people are going to be sued, tragic all round.

Reactions: 10
I imagine there was a mistake. You can have all the checks you like (and clearly they work, as this hasn’t happened since the crow) but they can still fail.

So awful. What a tragedy

Reactions: 9
I’m now seeing reports that the “prop masters union” has told its members that it was a “live” round that was accidentally shot. Not sure how they’d know this, but shocking if true.

• Wow
I read that when filming shooting scenes the actor does not point the gun at the co-actor or the crew. It is clever editing that makes it look like they are. It is such a tragedy this happened on a film set. So sad for everyone involved.

Reactions: 4
He's tweeted a statement. Sad. Sorry. Cooperating with investigation.
The tweet from 2017 which has resurfaced is doing the rounds, questioning how it feels to accidentally kill someone. Weird. Unfortunate.
Hilaria is quiet.

He's tweeted a statement. Sad. Sorry. Cooperating with investigation.
The tweet from 2017 which has resurfaced is doing the rounds, questioning how it feels to accidentally kill someone. Weird. Unfortunate.
Hilaria is quiet.
The film itself is about an accidental killing so I guess it’s something that’s always peaked his interest. A tragic foretelling perhaps.

Also about 4 years ago he may have been passed the Rust script, timeline would be about right with a covid delay

He also asked what the hell was Baldwin aiming a gun at someone for? you never ever do that, you have a mark that you aim at, never a person. He also said the director was standing behind the lady who was so tragically killed.
He was at a complete loss as to what happened and why.
Yup, it's the first thing that you are taught. Even when it's empty and obviously so, and not in the firing position, you always point a firearm uprange or towards an empty space.

Again, possibly towards the camera for a James Bond type shot up the barrel.

Right….but neither of those defintions mean “accident”.
"Accident at work" does. More likely to come down to the production company or the props department rather than AB though.

Reactions: 4
This is Will Smith looking at props, guns, the difference between his reaction and the angry old Alec is telling.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Alec has nothing to do with firearms when on set all he is taught is how to hold them and where the safety is on the gun.

The Props department are fully incharge of the guns, bullets, handling of them and are the ones to put bullets in the prop guns, which are real guns not even a prop.

If anyone is up for manslaughter it’d be the person who prepped the gun and handed an unsafe gun to an actor.

The amount of people calling Alec to go to jail is shocking to me, it should of never happened with the way technology has advanced in movie making. Every decision on a movie set is calculated and decided by the Director, DP etc, from where was was standing to where he was aiming. It’s just an horrific accident!

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.