Hilaria Baldwin / Hillary Hayward-Thomas and Alec Baldwin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe the cinematographer asked him to aim towards the camera, she would have been beside or behind it.
DM have pics of Alec in distress.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I'm presuming debris/casings or something was in the gun so it didn't fire where the gun was pointing and that's why production rather than an actor were the tragic victims. It's well known how dangerous even the special prop stuff can be so I doubt he'd of acted out a scene and shot at production.

No one really knows the details of what happened yet.

Apparently with Brandon Lee they tried to save money so emptied live bullets rather than buying blanks.

Reactions: 7
Will Alec Baldwin now be facing a Manslaughter charge?

Or will his fame, wealth, or being in the middle of making a movie detract from this occurring?

Reactions: 2
The one with a blood pack? I think that's a (now deleted) photo from his own insta that was posted a few hours before
No, of him on set crying and bending over. Apparently taken after incident.

Reactions: 2

Or will his fame, wealth, or being in the middle of making a movie detract from this occurring?
No, it was an accident. No negligence on his part and no unlawful activity so it wouldn't meet any of the requirements.

It is his production company so if it were in UK he would potentially be looking at corporate manslaughter. I would guess there is a similar law in USA.

• Wow
As others have said Alec has his issues but until someone says otherwise it was an accident. I really feel for him. Carrying the burden of ending a life is torture. I remember reading about a woman who had knocked someone down & ended up setting up an online community for others in her position. All those people carrying so much pain trying to function in society.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
There have been quite a few film set deaths. Have previous production companies been charged with manslaughter?

Reactions: 4
It’s was a prop gun? Are the real guns altered? Or fake guns? If it was a real hun don’t they add gunpowder for effect? Maybe there was debris in the chamber of something?
What I don’t understand, is how did it shoot the crew? If it had shot another actor he was in a scene with then it would make more sense
pov director wanted a looking down the barrel shot?

Reactions: 4
Guy on BBC radio this morning, worked on loads of productions as the arms officer. Knew his stuff.

He said all blank bullets on set are crimped which means the only thing that the comes out when the gun is fired is powder, nothing else should ever, ever come out.

He also asked what the hell was Baldwin aiming a gun at someone for? you never ever do that, you have a mark that you aim at, never a person. He also said the director was standing behind the lady who was so tragically killed.
He was at a complete loss as to what happened and why.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
This sounds horrible, I know but maybe this tragedy will stop his nutcase of a wife to stop over sharing and posting EVERYTHING

Reactions: 6

while I’m not a fan, he thought he was shooting a prop gun/shotgu He was following the directors intructions (most likely to aim at the camera). This is a dreadful accident and will have to be fully investigated. I don’t see how this is a man slaughter charge

Reactions: 15
Someone in the industry on Twitter says the gun was loaded with a blank that was too powerful, so that when he fired it ricocheted and hit the people. If that's true, it wasn't his fault. But it's his production company, so I guess there will be prosecutions and lawsuits. Seems to come down to money, to do it with special effects is more expensive than using a gun.

Reactions: 12
I heard everything was still 'on the table' regarding charges. But I heard that about 2 hrs ago.

Reactions: 3
It's impossible for us to judge either way where blame lies as we're not in possession of the facts. Let's hope it leads to more gun control off and on film sets.

Reactions: 20
I cannot stand the guy but feel horrific for him. What a thing to carry around for the rest of your life.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.