Henry Cavill

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As Geralt I’d let him destroy me!
You are too funny.

I seem to be in the minority here but I actually think he's a good actor?! I assume he wasn't classically trained like Hiddles or Cumberbatch so he doesn't have that whole "stage presence" thing about him, but I really liked his acting in the Witcher. People tend to be weirdly mean about good-looking actors, I recall people saying the same things about Brad Pitt's acting before he went all indie movie grungy.
Nicole Kidman, Kate Blanchet, Paul Newman, Richard Burton, Clark Gable, Reese Witherspoon , Elizabeth Taylor, George Clooney, Leo Di and many other Award winning actors are good looking actors/actresses. The list is way too long. If you can act, you can act. Good looks help get parts initially. No one faults actors just because they are good looking if they can act. Henry is great as the Witcher. He is monotone in his acting in that role. I have seen him in a few films and he is okay in some. He can even do comedy. But he really needs to hone his skills if he is to continue forward with roles and reputation as an artist. Or he can just coast through basic roles which don't require great acting talent. It is his career. By the way, Cumberbatch may have had training but he is just a damn good actor naturally. His looks are off beat, but he makes it work in every role. And he has done a variety. He has a low opinion of Americans' intelligence. That irritated me. He could be right, but it still irritated me. Not that it is relevant to this thread.

Last edited:
You are too funny.

Nicole Kidman, Kate Blanchet, Paul Newman, Richard Burton, Clark Gable, Reese Witherspoon , Elizabeth Taylor, George Clooney, Leo Di and many other Award winning actors are good looking actors/actresses. The list is way too long. If you can act, you can act. Good looks help get parts initially. No one faults actors just because they are good looking if they can act.
Nah, there is a very specific type of "above average handsome", male actor that gets shat on a lot, I am sticking to my point here, even though, again, I seem to be in the minority.

Richard Burton isn't classically handsome at all so that's a weird one, he himself made fun of his looks all the time (I find him so hot myself, that man's voice alone could undress me within seconds). Witherspoon and Taylor both absolutely had to fight to be seen as talented actresses (Burton constantly put Taylor's acting skills down because she didn't have a theatre background, Witherspoon literally started a production company because she wasn't happy with the roles she got offered as a petite blonde woman), so did Kidman before she did The Hours and had to glue on an ugly nose to finally get recognised as talented. Blanchett wasn't seen as classically beautiful until Lord of The Rings, I've been a fan of her since Elizabeth and remember people called her weird looking back then. Ah, Clark Gable most definitely wasn't seen as an outstanding actor in his days, he actually proves my point very neatly, as people constantly underestimated his acting abilities due to his insanely good looks. You could name Marilyn Monroe here too, people still seem surprised that she was actually a fantastic actress, even to this day, poor woman.

Reactions: 1
Nah, there is a very specific type of "above average handsome", male actor that gets shat on a lot, I am sticking to my point here, even though, again, I seem to be in the minority.

Richard Burton isn't classically handsome at all so that's a weird one, he himself made fun of his looks all the time (I find him so hot myself, that man's voice alone could undress me within seconds). Witherspoon and Taylor both absolutely had to fight to be seen as talented actresses (Burton constantly put Taylor's acting skills down because she didn't have a theatre background, Witherspoon literally started a production company because she wasn't happy with the roles she got offered as a petite blonde woman), so did Kidman before she did The Hours and had to glue on an ugly nose to finally get recognised as talented. Blanchett wasn't seen as classically beautiful until Lord of The Rings, I've been a fan of her since Elizabeth and remember people called her weird looking back then. Ah, Clark Gable most definitely wasn't seen as an outstanding actor in his days, he actually proves my point very neatly, as people constantly underestimated his acting abilities due to his insanely good looks. You could name Marilyn Monroe here too, people still seem surprised that she was actually a fantastic actress, even to this day, poor woman.
Female actors ( I know you mentioned male actors too) are a different issue. Hollywood has massive issues with women, who may as well be dead once they are over 40 and are objectified completely, based on looks in their 20's. It has started to change very recently and very superficially, but Kidman, Wetherspoon etc wouldn't have been hired on their acting abilities if they weren't attractive. It's only as they have got older and realised that casting directors don't know older women exist that they were compelled to do other things rather than never work again. Hollywood pretends to be creative and progressive, but they are having to be forced out of the 50's. Monroe was used and abused for her entire working life. The reason no one knew she was a fantastic actor was because her employers didn't want a fantastic actress, they wanted a sexy dumb blonde, so that's what she did in order to get work. That would still be the case ifcthey could get away with it. Re male actors, they can work well into their 70's with young love interests, and don't have to be great. I've been watching The Witcher and Cavill is out acted by almost every female actor on set. I could name actors I don't rate who are given a free pass on looks- Cavill is one, but also Armie Hammer and Lily James. In my opinion, none of them are good, but they get ( or were given in Hammers case) a free pass due to their looks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1

I see your point, but Matt Damon, Leo DiCaprio both got nominated for their first roles although I don't think either are that good looking. I guess one has to look at each person and see how the career started.

Female actors ( I know you mentioned male actors too) are a different issue. Hollywood has massive issues with women, who may as well be dead once they are over 40 and are objectified completely, based on looks in their 20's. It has started to change very recently and very superficially, but Kidman, Wetherspoon etc wouldn't have been hired on their acting abilities if they weren't attractive. It's only as they have got older and realised that casting directors don't know older women exist that they were compelled to do other things rather than never work again. Hollywood pretends to be creative and progressive, but they are having to be forced out of the 50's. Monroe was used and abused for her entire working life. The reason no one knew she was a fantastic actor was because her employers didn't want a fantastic actress, they wanted a sexy dumb blonde, so that's what she did in order to get work. That would still be the case ifcthey could get away with it. Re male actors, they can work well into their 70's with young love interests, and don't have to be great. I've been watching The Witcher and Cavill is out acted by almost every female actor on set. I could name actors I don't rate who are given a free pass on looks- Cavill is one, but also Armie Hammer and Lily James. In my opinion, none of them are good, but they get ( or were given in Hammers case) a free pass due to their looks.
I have been around for so long now, and I have seen many women come and go. Julie Christie was a looker and considered a good actress back in the 60s 70s and then went belly up. And usually lead women had to be pretty unless you were Barbara Streisand or Liza Minelli. But I guess it is hard for them to be taken seriously at first. Audrey Hepburn to me was beautiful and always considered a good actress so was Gregory Peck, Cary Grant and others. But I don't know their first films.

Last edited:
I'm very skeptical about the underage girls interest with him but I do think that there's alot of sexual tension with him and freya in many interviews and that's the only thing that weirds me out but my god am I inlove with him haha. I've never been one to be mad about celebrities but there's just something about henry that lights me up

Reactions: 5
Lets be honest, Geralt is the perfect man, looks like a god and barely talks, perfection.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I'm very skeptical about the underage girls interest with him but I do think that there's alot of sexual tension with him and freya in many interviews and that's the only thing that weirds me out but my god am I inlove with him haha. I've never been one to be mad about celebrities but there's just something about henry that lights me up
I mean she is 20. Depending on where you are from, it’s not unusual to have a way older boyfriend in your early 20s. She is not underage and if she is up for a fling with a co star, that’s up to them. It’s definitely interesting how differently the people in such constellations get judged.
I mean Kirsten Stewart was 22 and Regisseur guy was 41. And everyone only talked about how slutty she was. And that actually happened. Freya and Henry might either just like each other or are actually good at the PR game. Who knows.

I don’t think Henry is the best actor. He is average. Though Superman and The Witcher fit him like a glove because the roles play with an emotionless, a bit distanced character.
I assume he is not set out to be the next big thing. His roles are not exactly demanding, nor have the Movies/Series been anything award worthy. I doubt he is very ambitious (apart from having the biggest biceps) in that regard. He might have auditioned for more serious stuff, who knows. But he strikes me as a rather relaxed guy. He lives comfortably with the money and enjoys the fame he has. I doubt he is going to take tons of acting lessons to get “better” roles. My guess is he works for the fun of it while having a nice financial cushion. I find that rather refreshing actually.

Reactions: 8
I mean she is 20. Depending on where you are from, it’s not unusual to have a way older boyfriend in your early 20s. She is not underage and if she is up for a fling with a co star, that’s up to them. It’s definitely interesting how differently the people in such constellations get judged.
I mean Kirsten Stewart was 22 and Regisseur guy was 41. And everyone only talked about how slutty she was. And that actually happened. Freya and Henry might either just like each other or are actually good at the PR game. Who knows.

I don’t think Henry is the best actor. He is average. Though Superman and The Witcher fit him like a glove because the roles play with an emotionless, a bit distanced character.
I assume he is not set out to be the next big thing. His roles are not exactly demanding, nor have the Movies/Series been anything award worthy. I doubt he is very ambitious (apart from having the biggest biceps) in that regard. He might have auditioned for more serious stuff, who knows. But he strikes me as a rather relaxed guy. He lives comfortably with the money and enjoys the fame he has. I doubt he is going to take tons of acting lessons to get “better” roles. My guess is he works for the fun of it while having a nice financial cushion. I find that rather refreshing actually.
This is exactly my take on him. Action roles suit him as he has great physical presence, looks like a god and doesn't have much dialogue. I watched all of The Tudors for him! 🤣

Reactions: 6
You guys all crack me up. Yes he is the most gorgeous guy in film now. But he is not a very good actor. Who cares right?

Doing nothing to diminish his nerd cred, a certain Face TM was in Nottingham at Warhammer World.
His face almost looks younger. Those shoulders...!

• Heart
He is so wholesome buuuuuuuut I wish he would stop working out and go back to looking less like a roided up bobble head!

Reactions: 4