Henry Cavill

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He was brilliant in The Witcher from what I saw, but not even he could keep me watching in season 1. Gave up about half way through.

Not a massive surprise he is leaving tbh, he is a major A list name and committing to a TV show is rare for such a big name. Especially as Superman looks to be back on the table.

Reactions: 1
I'm a big Witcher fan but through the Game Witcher 3:Wild Hunt which is absolutely epic and "Game Geralt" is the one for me, just outstanding! But ya surprised by this aswell as Henry was so passionate about it so they must have pissed him off. He is a huge name for TV but at the same time the work now going into TV is huge and surpassing Cinema. Look at Sean Bean with Snow Piercer, he's still going strong in that and has been so excellent and he's a massive movie name! I don't think that would stop Henry doing it at all, these shows are like movies now. So either it's ya he cannot do both Superman and Witcher, he was Superman before Witcher and that's a huge iconic character or is it the Bond thing? Sorry but he'd make an excellent Bond! He's only 39, totally got the dashing English gentleman vibe but the Athleticism to go with it. Have an awful feeling it's Bond, he lost out years ago to the role.

Reactions: 3
Although Sean bean has done movies he isn't in Henry's league, Henry is Hollywood A list and big box office. TV shows are a big commitment and there have been growing rumours for a while that Henry was going to walk from DC and maybe make the move to Marvel. I expect WB were facing an ultimatum, either commit to Superman finally or lose their star. Looks like they finally green lit a superman sequel.

As for Bond, I'd be surprised if they went for such a big name. That's never happened before, and a lot of talk has pointed to them wanting to go younger (30s) so actor can commit to a decade of bond

Reactions: 2
I personally won't be watching a season 4 without him. I'm still really pissed about it.

Reactions: 6
He needs to go back to being lithe and not so bulky. Handsome face - strange body he has ruined in his insecurity - or so I see him as very insecure about himself. Tudors-era was perfection!!!

I thought Enola was cute - but it is clearly for a younger audience - I think he would do well showing some range and getting meatier parts but now that he's buffed himself up so much he can't escape it and can't do anything else... Period films are where he would shine... or a comedy like UNCLE, he is funny and has good timing!
Meatier parts? He can’t act. His looks is all he has. And it's slowly fading. During The Enola Holmes premiere, he looked fat.

He was acting?!? :eek:
To be fair, I spent the whole film waiting to see some acting...
I totally agree 😂

Meatier parts? He can’t act. His looks is all he has. And it's slowly fading. During The Enola Holmes premiere, he looked fat.

I totally agree 😂
Lol he's like a plank of wood! He has had ample opportunity to show some range. He hasn't got any! He's good in The Witcher because the character is emotionless and cold.

He was brilliant in The Witcher from what I saw, but not even he could keep me watching in season 1. Gave up about half way through.

Not a massive surprise he is leaving tbh, he is a major A list name and committing to a TV show is rare for such a big name. Especially as Superman looks to be back on the table.
I tried watching The Witcher. A saw about half of the first episode. He simply cannot act. He has the same expression in everything he does. Handsome as hell though.

Reactions: 1
I couldn't disagree more, the comedic timing he showed playing Sherlock in Enola 2 was great, and he looked great too. I actually feel he has toned down the crazy muscles a little bit and looked younger in the face. Maybe less steroids or something?! Anyway, people who say he can't act maybe just don't understand much about acting. He improved most of the drunk scenes in Enola 2 and it's one of the funniest parts of the movie. He strikes me as a bit lazy in regards to broadening his acting cred, relying on his looks for sure, but that doesn't mean he can't act. I mean he's not Oscar level amazing, but he emotes very well with his face. I still remember the emotional impact of that scene in Witcher S1 when Geralt and Ciri meet for the first time. It was all in his eyes.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I couldn't disagree more, the comedic timing he showed playing Sherlock in Enola 2 was great, and he looked great too. I actually feel he has toned down the crazy muscles a little bit and looked younger in the face. Maybe less steroids or something?! Anyway, people who say he can't act maybe just don't understand much about acting. He improved most of the drunk scenes in Enola 2 and it's one of the funniest parts of the movie. He strikes me as a bit lazy in regards to broadening his acting cred, relying on his looks for sure, but that doesn't mean he can't act. I mean he's not Oscar level amazing, but he emotes very well with his face. I still remember the emotional impact of that scene in Witcher S1 when Geralt and Ciri meet for the first time. It was all in his eyes.
Well, seems we disagree. 🤷‍♂️ I my view all he has is looks.

I agree with you, I dunno what the others are seeing here, he's a good actor and sorry he isn't just good at the Witcher because Geralt is perceived as cold. If you know the character of Geralt well, Henry has played him to a T! And actually when you think about it , getting emotion to shine through with Geralt would be difficult given the mannerisms of the character. He did a great job! And rumour is he walked because the Writers had no respect for the lore or even the games which are hugely successful and beautiful.

Reactions: 8
I agree with you, I dunno what the others are seeing here, he's a good actor and sorry he isn't just good at the Witcher because Geralt is perceived as cold. If you know the character of Geralt well, Henry has played him to a T! And actually when you think about it , getting emotion to shine through with Geralt would be difficult given the mannerisms of the character. He did a great job! And rumour is he walked because the Writers had no respect for the lore or even the games which are hugely successful and beautiful.
He has the same expressions regardless of role. He has no depth whatsoever. And he doesn't give a tit about his fans unless he gains something from it. Nah, not for me.

He has the same expressions regardless of role. He has no depth whatsoever. And he doesn't give a tit about his fans unless he gains something from it. Nah, not for me.
You can say a lot of things about the guy (he dated a 19 year old girl in his 30s...ew), but I really don't know what you base him "not giving a tit about his fans" on? Because he quit The Witcher? I think we can't really blame him for that, given the dumpster fire that S2 turned out to be writing-wise.

Reactions: 4
I tried watching The Witcher. A saw about half of the first episode. He simply cannot act. He has the same expression in everything he does. Handsome as hell though.
I mean same. I'm ok with that expression. Always. hahahaha

If Henry got Covid, he will get over it. Nowadays it is like a cold. Never had it myself in spite of being around people with it, but now it is no big deal unlike at the beginning. As far as his girlfriend goes, he could do better, but he could do worse. So whatever makes him happy. And Tom H's fiance, if they are not yet married is doing well for herself as an actress. No feeling sorry for her.
As far as I’ve read. He wants someone who caters to him. Without ambition. And she’s stupid enough to do it.

You can say a lot of things about the guy (he dated a 19 year old girl in his 30s...ew), but I really don't know what you base him "not giving a tit about his fans" on? Because he quit The Witcher? I think we can't really blame him for that, given the dumpster fire that S2 turned out to be writing-wise.
Several things, but I’ll name one. He knows there are scammers pretending to be him. People lose a lot of money. If he cared, he would do what Evans and Depp did, address the fans and tell them it's not him. One commenter on his IG was so upset. She paid a lot of money. Regarding the Witcher, who cares?

He must be pissed off, he has been treated so badly over superman. Hope he goes over to Marvel in a big role!

I don't understand what he was meant to do over scammers. Depp and Evans telling people it's not them is performative and doesn't actually achieve much. I see so many celebrities have similar scams who constantly keep posting about trusting the blue tick, this is their only account etc....and people still get conned.

^This is so stupid, who the heck needs more early superman, it‘s boring…and did they only come up with this now that Henry showed willingness to go back to it? IMO the DC Man of Superman movies were always hot garbage but Henry was the perfect superman...

At this point I would like to see Henry as a Marvell villain or something, that would be fun! 🤣

I never liked Cavill's Superman but I squarely lay the blame with the writers and directors as I've enjoyed his perfromances in other things, like the Man From U.N.C.L.E. movie so I know he could have been great. It was an absolute waste of him in the role and it's so annoyed because looks wise he was perfect!

I am impressed by his very classy response to being so shabbily treated. I hope he gets a killer role elsewhere just as an duck you to DC.

Reactions: 7
I never liked Cavill's Superman but I squarely lay the blame with the writers and directors as I've enjoyed his perfromances in other things, like the Man From U.N.C.L.E. movie so I know he could have been great. It was an absolute waste of him in the role and it's so annoyed because looks wise he was perfect!

I am impressed by his very classy response to being so shabbily treated. I hope he gets a killer role elsewhere just as an duck you to DC.
I think all the Zack Snyder movies suck in general. Personally I think he has good comedic timing and should do a little more comedy. Man from UNCLE was so excellent, it’s a shame we’ll never get a sequel.

Reactions: 5