Helen Anderson #8 No Masks, No Pubes, Relax Be Cool

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One of the things that really irks me about Helen is how unique she thinks her style is as though she’s so different. I hate when people think they’re the only person to dress a certain way or do certain things. Like when she says ‘people ask me how I get the confidence to wear what I wear’ The way she words that makes it sound so up herself. What do you wear that’s so special? Nothing is different nowadays. Stop trying to word things like you’re special or unique - if you’ve styled something a thousand other people have probably styled something similar too. The difference is, other people actually have a fashion sense and dress to suit their body, she does not. It’s like she just grabs the most random things and shoves them all together, just to turn heads and just to try and be ‘different’ even though it’s not. I find people who feel the need to stand out and have attention whether it’s positive or negative attention are just trying to make up for their lack of personality and are deeply unhappy in themselves. Kind of like a teenager who’s trying to fit in with certain crowds at school.

Mom jeans, a Topshop band tee and Dr Martens is not an alternative outfit or ‘out there’. Look at every ‘alternative’ influencer out there. I wouldn’t even call Helen’s style alternative. I really don’t understand how she can be classed a fashion influencer.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
One of the things that really irks me about Helen is how unique she thinks her style is as though she’s so different. I hate when people think they’re the only person to dress a certain way or do certain things. Like when she says ‘people ask me how I get the confidence to wear what I wear’ The way she words that makes it sound so up herself. What do you wear that’s so special? Nothing is different nowadays. Stop trying to word things like you’re special or unique - if you’ve styled something a thousand other people have probably styled something similar too. The difference is, other people actually have a fashion sense and dress to suit their body, she does not. It’s like she just grabs the most random things and shoves them all together, just to turn heads and just to try and be ‘different’ even though it’s not. I find people who feel the need to stand out and have attention whether it’s positive or negative attention are just trying to make up for their lack of personality and are deeply unhappy in themselves. Kind of like a teenager who’s trying to fit in with certain crowds at school.

Mom jeans, a Topshop band tee and Dr Martens is not an alternative outfit or ‘out there’. Look at every ‘alternative’ influencer out there. I wouldn’t even call Helen’s style alternative. I really don’t understand how she can be classed a fashion influencer.
I mean she shops at the most unique and alternative places, Asos, who ever heard of them? She's an alternative fashion guru 😂😂
I don't think people who have to publicly announce how confident they are on a daily basis, are actually confident in themselves. It's all a faux personality because they're so scared of actually being themselves.

Reactions: 30
The workwear video really highlights how many clothes she owns, it's only a year old but I don't recognise any of the items she's wearing!
I work in a creative industry so I can sort of understand where she's coming from, a lot of those outfits I could get away with wearing and if I really wanted I could turn up to work in jeans and a t shirt
BUT the first and the last outfit would probably have me pulled up by management because regardless of dress code, no bra/low cut top and a skirt with a slit up to your pants is not appropriate.
She probably can't fit in to anything she wore in that video now! I remember how badly she took the comments the most people couldn't wear those outfits for work - she made snarky remarks about it in another video just after. Instead of just admitting that having worked from home for most of her life, she was unaware of what was workplace appropriate she got all defensive and arsey about it. Typical Helen.

As for the getting naked in front of people, I've never been particularly body conscious in respect of not being bothered about changing rooms, the beach etc. (and I am far from skinny and toned) but that doesn't mean I inflict my naked jiggly bits on people for no good reason. The whole 'get naked in front of your friends' thing is just another example of her lack of consideration for other people's feeling and boundaries. I agree that people who have to bang on about how confident they are, are almost always the exact opposite. Like those who talk about sex the most are usually those who are at it the least - something else that applies to Helen :ROFLMAO: .

I reckon not only did Helen not pay for her hen weekend, she expected everyone there to club together to cover her share.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
One of the things that really irks me about Helen is how unique she thinks her style is as though she’s so different. I hate when people think they’re the only person to dress a certain way or do certain things. Like when she says ‘people ask me how I get the confidence to wear what I wear’ The way she words that makes it sound so up herself.
Idk what Norwich is like but growing up in small Irish town “oh I wish I had your confidence!” from locals was not a compliment, they were laughing at you. Not to say it’s right for people to give backhanded compliments like that, but it feels like Helen doesn’t realise not all of the people who say that are hyping her up.

Reactions: 29
Her confidence video was a little bit of a tit af version of Baz Luhrmann's Everybody's Free To Wear Sunscreen - except she Googled "How to be confident" and made it sound like she thought of it all. The balanced eating part had me in stitches.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
When people ask how shes so 'body confident' they're actually asking 'why are you so ok with being overweight?'

She needs to learn to read the room

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Her confidence video was a little bit of a tit af version of Baz Luhrmann's Everybody's Free To Wear Sunscreen - except she Googled "How to be confident" and made it sound like she thought of it all. The balanced eating part had me in stitches.
Balanced AKA a mini magnum in each hand 😘

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Thinking about her confidence video, it's strange that she feels that her "turning heads" is only a good thing, and believes that people are thinking "oh she looks coooool".

To me she doesn't seem to understand the difference between positive and negative attention... To her all attention equals good attention.

...also she actually doesn't seem to have any self awareness of when or how to be appropriate.

Take for example her wedding guest outfit ideas video, which had an incredibly inappropriate dress:

View attachment 309152

View attachment 309153

But when people commented she didn't seem to understand why it was inappropriate, her attitude was just to shrug it off as "oh well, I'd wear it"

View attachment 309151

The same for the whole of her "alternative office & work wear ideas (for u goffs)" video:

Practically the whole comment section pointed out that none of the outfits were suitable for work wear, but she just put it down to her being in a little bit more of a "creative" work industry... She worked in a bleeping shoe shop!!!! 🤣

View attachment 309146

I don't understand why she is so desperate to push people being naked around each other more often.... Like, what about the other person???

I'm comfortable being naked, but im not going to start sitting around my house in my pants and boobs flopping about because that would make my housemate incredibly uncomfortable, do I just yell at them "but body confidence doe!!!! Don't you shame ma booooody!" Just because Helen told me to? 😂

It really has nothing to do with body confidence.

Same as her put on a "playlist and dance" advice, that's just a mood booster.... it's not a bleeping permanent confidence builder 😂

I can't believe she thought these were bleeping ground breaking PERMANENT ways to get confidence. duck me.
I remember this video! Someone commented saying something like "well it's obvious she's never worked in an office before!" And she gave a bolshy reply. There's so many ways to wear alternative office wear in a way that's classy and understated. But as someone else said, any attention is good attention for her 🤷

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Screenshot_20201113-204623~3_compress63.jpg

Are we going for the "I'm so drunk, I've smudged my make up and my boob's fallen out my top" look intentionally... or...?

This hair and make up here makes her look 10 years older than she actually is

(don't get me wrong I love curls, but this just doesn't suit her)

I can't work out if the fringe is an actual fringe or just broken off pieces that she's just flopped over...

Her miming is creepy, someone said she looks dead behind the eyes before, and she really does here 😬

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
View attachment 309594

Are we going for the "I'm so drunk, I've smudged my make up and my boob's fallen out my top" look intentionally... or...?

This hair and make up here makes her look 10 years older than she actually is

(don't get me wrong I love curls, but this just doesn't suit her)

View attachment 309593

I can't work out if the fringe is an actual fringe or just broken off pieces that she's just flopped over...

Her miming is creepy, someone said she looks dead behind the eyes before, and she really does here 😬
*Whispers* I quite like her curls I’ll get my coat 🙊😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
*Whispers* I quite like her curls I’ll get my coat 🙊😂.
🤣 Haha! That's the ex hairdresser in me being critical - I love curls but on her she defo needs more layers to shape it more and give it more style.

To me it just looks too heavy, so she's giving me the old poodle ear look. 🤣🤣🤣

Screenshot_20201113-211041~2.png

Screenshot_20201113-211335~2.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9

Agreed! She looks like every other influencer

Reactions: 7
0618C2C5-185D-40ED-BC1B-639290F63081.jpeg

I was so hoping she would stop with the makeup here, add some mascara and a neutral lip. Besides the acne shitstorm I thought the face makeup was really pretty ☹

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Agreed, plus plenty of people really don't want to see their friends naked!
I bet she doesn't care about her mates sensitivities and just imposes her naked self (like she did with Grace's man)
I was thinking about this the last time it was brought up, my immediate group of friends have all seen me naked (whether it’s been for their photography or art projects or because I’ve gotten too pissed 😂) but I would NEVER get naked in front of my mates man even though we’ve been good friends for ages, it’s all about how appropriate it feels. Her pushing this “you’re old fashioned if you’re not getting your fanny out to your friends” is so strange clearly a lack of boundaries from her

Reactions: 16
I actually love that hair and makeup even though the fringe looks a bit wonky), I’d wear it. I’m way too lazy to do my hair like that though, to sit in my living room 😂

Reactions: 4
I wish she’d stop putting all that make up over her spots. It looks worse than if you just left it with no make up

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.