Helen Anderson #8 No Masks, No Pubes, Relax Be Cool

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“Be naked in front of your friends” was the silliest advice I’ve ever heard. I know it’s fine for some people but there’s plenty of people who just aren’t into that, nothing to do with body confidence.

Reactions: 38
Thinking about her confidence video, it's strange that she feels that her "turning heads" is only a good thing, and believes that people are thinking "oh she looks coooool".

To me she doesn't seem to understand the difference between positive and negative attention... To her all attention equals good attention.

...also she actually doesn't seem to have any self awareness of when or how to be appropriate.

Take for example her wedding guest outfit ideas video, which had an incredibly inappropriate dress:

Screenshot_20201113-142429_compress6.jpg

But when people commented she didn't seem to understand why it was inappropriate, her attitude was just to shrug it off as "oh well, I'd wear it"

Screenshot_20201113-142024.png

The same for the whole of her "alternative office & work wear ideas (for u goffs)" video:

Practically the whole comment section pointed out that none of the outfits were suitable for work wear, but she just put it down to her being in a little bit more of a "creative" work industry... She worked in a bleeping shoe shop!!!! 🤣

Screenshot_20201113-142535.png

I don't understand why she is so desperate to push people being naked around each other more often.... Like, what about the other person???

I'm comfortable being naked, but im not going to start sitting around my house in my pants and boobs flopping about because that would make my housemate incredibly uncomfortable, do I just yell at them "but body confidence doe!!!! Don't you shame ma booooody!" Just because Helen told me to? 😂

It really has nothing to do with body confidence.

Same as her put on a "playlist and dance" advice, that's just a mood booster.... it's not a bleeping permanent confidence builder 😂

I can't believe she thought these were bleeping ground breaking PERMANENT ways to get confidence. duck me.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
She strikes me as the kind of guest to wear white to a wedding, she'd definitely do anything to outdo the bride and be the centre of attention. Probaly get sloppy drunk at the reception
Definitely wouldn't want her at my wedding

The workwear video really highlights how many clothes she owns, it's only a year old but I don't recognise any of the items she's wearing!
I work in a creative industry so I can sort of understand where she's coming from, a lot of those outfits I could get away with wearing and if I really wanted I could turn up to work in jeans and a t shirt
BUT the first and the last outfit would probably have me pulled up by management because regardless of dress code, no bra/low cut top and a skirt with a slit up to your pants is not appropriate.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
“Be naked in front of your friends” was the silliest advice I’ve ever heard. I know it’s fine for some people but there’s plenty of people who just aren’t into that, nothing to do with body confidence.
Agreed, plus plenty of people really don't want to see their friends naked!
I bet she doesn't care about her mates sensitivities and just imposes her naked self (like she did with Grace's man)

Reactions: 22
Agreed, plus plenty of people really don't want to see their friends naked!
I bet she doesn't care about her mates sensitivities and just imposes her naked self (like she did with Grace's man)
Oh god, I just have visions of her opening her front door to her postie, just in her pants, thrusting her gunt at them going "weeeeyyyyheyyy! You caught me in ma pants! I'm well mad, me!" 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
I feel like Helen has just completely lost her niche. I’ve been watching her for 9 years. I remember being a teenager and loving that I had found an influencer who didn’t wear promote super expensive tit that I couldn’t afford. She was more alt and I felt so empowered to wear the kind of clothes she wore & not be the skinniest. She was messy af then too but she was young so it made more sense. I miss the integrity she had when she had when she wasn’t so ad obsessed.
Being naked constantly and drinking all day, losing £200 rings and whinging 24/7 just isn’t relatable. I don’t know how her fans haven’t gotten sick of being bombarded with ads all the time.

Reactions: 43
I feel that the whole idea of constant nakedness is problematic. For any gender. I don’t want my female or male friends to start getting naked in front of me just to prove that they are confident. Their other actions prove that to me without the unnecessary over exposure.
Yes please learn how to be comfortable and happy with yourself and your own body but has she not thought about the whole idea that some people might not like unnecessary nakedness because of abuse issues?!?
‘Do what you like’ erm isn’t that what men used to say when they’d whip their d*cks out to show them off to women for no apparent reason. This is obviously quite disturbing. How is this narrative any different??
Why is it is different just because it’s a female body instead of a male one? It doesn’t mean that you are confident and people should just deal with it. It’s still unjustified and unwanted nakedness in a public space.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I feel that the whole idea of constant nakedness is problematic. For any gender. I don’t want my female or male friends to start getting naked in front of me just to prove that they are confident. Their other actions prove that to me without the unnecessary over exposure.
Yes please learn how to be comfortable and happy with yourself and your own body but has she not thought about the whole idea that some people might not like unnecessary nakedness because of abuse issues?!?
‘Do what you like’ erm isn’t that what men used to say when they’d whip their d*cks out to show them off to women for no apparent reason. This is obviously quite disturbing. How is this narrative any different??
Why is it is different just because it’s a female body instead of a male one? It doesn’t mean that you are confident and people should just deal with it. It’s still unjustified and unwanted nakedness in a public space.
Oh well this is why she got naked infront of graces man!!!
She's just friendly and confident!

Reactions: 13
I couldn’t agree more. I remember being 12-13 and at my first sleepover with new secondary school girl friends and we were all hanging around the bathroom to brush our teeth before bed and they were all taking it in turns to use the toilet to pee and then the sink to wash hands and brush tegs. I had no problem with others using the loo, a little jarring but like no need to freak out. But then one of the girls was adamant that I myself had to pee infront of everyone because “it’s all natural and we’re aLL DOiNg iT” like.... I think the duck not witch. We all have our limits and you can’t just push your preferences on others because you see it as natural/normal/helpful or confidence building like... get a bleeping grip. Telling your friends they look gorgeous in a new type of clothing they once were too self conscious to wear is helpful. Telling them to just get their minge and baps out...? I do be laughin’

Reactions: 29
Starting to wonder if maybe there's some wires crossed for her with bad behavior/negative attention and positive reinforcement. Like, she gets off on doing the wrong thing. As long as someone is looking at her that's all that matters.

Reactions: 16
She’s so insensitive! She thinks every issue can be solved with getting naked and dancing around. Fair enough for a quick burst of serotonin, but as someone said previously, she’s not thinking about those with trauma or potential severe anxiety, but then again why would she? If it doesn’t affect her then she doesn’t care.

Reactions: 17
If I got naked in front of my friends they’d tell me to put my clothes back on and “you ok hun?” Me.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I stay at home with my kids all day. I don't want to be teaching them to prance about naked. They're 1.5 and 3.5. They sure as tit do not need to see that.

Reactions: 7
The advice was to either be an exhibitionist or dress incredibly extra..... I'm not sure what she's trying to do here:

125139335_718310835753563_2608495842540423404_n.jpg

She looks like one of those mix and match picture games we played as a kid 🤣

Head - Cowboy
Body - Pirate with a Chandler sweater vest
Legs - Bob the Builder

🤣

(Also it's a real bugbear of mine to see her constantly wearing her bleeping shoes indoors 🤢)

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I know this is off topic and old news but does anyone wonder how much all the girls had to pay for that hen do she had?
I mean download would have cost enough
But I can't imagine 2 nights in Paris with disneyland, the bus, trains etc costing a small amount

Reactions: 23
The advice was to either be an exhibitionist or dress incredibly extra..... I'm not sure what she's trying to do here:

View attachment 309350

She looks like one of those mix and match picture games we played as a kid 🤣

Head - Cowboy
Body - Pirate with a Chandler sweater vest
Legs - Bob the Builder

🤣

(Also it's a real bugbear of mine to see her constantly wearing her bleeping shoes indoors 🤢)
The Bon Jovi hat is back 🤗.

Reactions: 7
I know this is off topic and old news but does anyone wonder how much all the girls had to pay for that hen do she had?
I mean download would have cost enough
But I can't imagine 2 nights in Paris with disneyland, the bus, trains etc costing a small amount
Would've been several hundred pounds I imagine. Wonder if she offered to pay for any of it - I was invited to a hen do this year that would've cost me £250. I had to refuse as simply couldn't afford it considering I was already paying for flights, accomodation and an outfit for their wedding already. Didn't go ahead due to Covid but still.

Don't understand the obsession with big duck off weddings and hen dos and making other people drop a bomb for them.

Reactions: 25
(Sorry, another long ramble alert)

The advice she gave along the lines of "if your insecure about something then just don't be, because no one else does. And if they do notice or comment on it, then are they the kind of people you want to spend your time with?" has been on my mind...

I had braces as a kid but as I got older my front tooth moved and became slightly crooked - I became incredibly insecure about it but when I asked people if it was super obvious I got the usual polite response of "no it's fine, don't worry about it" but even though "no one cared", I still did and in the end I just stopped smiling in photos, because I was still really insecure about it.

A few years or so ago I was looking after my niece and as sweet and innocent as she was, she pointed out my crooked tooth and asked me about it. I was embarrassed but then I realised that it confirmed everything I had thought over the years - it was noticeable. When I told my boyfriend about it, he said "yeah I see what you mean" - as if he now had permission to confirm my insecurity.

My niece telling me bluntly was exactly the motivation I needed to go and talk to my dentist about how unhappy I was with my smile, and after taking the plunge and doing a bout of Invisalign (and a bit of enamel bonding to fix another smaller insecurity), I have the smile I had always wanted, and better than I had before.

My point is, sometimes it isn't a case of being like "oh no one cares, so I shouldn't be insecure" because you'll find that in some cases you will STILL have that insecurity, the advice should have been that if you are unhappy with something - you need to remember that you do have the power to change it, and that outside opinions about your insecurities can actually be helpful!

Also, I'm not going to stop spending time with my niece just cos she commented on my wonky tooth - if there's anything we can learn from children, it's that they don't bullshit 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
Would've been several hundred pounds I imagine. Wonder if she offered to pay for any of it - I was invited to a hen do this year that would've cost me £250. I had to refuse as simply couldn't afford it considering I was already paying for flights, accomodation and an outfit for their wedding already. Didn't go ahead due to Covid but still.

Don't understand the obsession with big duck off weddings and hen dos and making other people drop a bomb for them.
I’d bet money she didn’t. She can’t even buy a kettle and toaster she’s wanted for ages.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.