Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

themuffinwoman

VIP Member
I was wondering that too! Although not sure if the setting of the speech would need to change. Intrigued to find out! (Sorry for any confusion elsewhere!!)
---

Yes, read all five volumes! I think I prefer the TV show as I connect more to it but the graphics novels are really beautiful and sweet, and still manage to make me cry! Possibly because I can relate to a lot of the feelings of being in a serious relationship at that age!
In answer to your previous question, separately! I’m really glad you read it I’ll be back on later once I’ve started my rewatch and we can discuss, I wish I had read it.

• Heart
Reactions: 1

Hodgies

Chatty Member
If you like this, go watch Young Royals! It’s NOT so family friendly but it’s a great little LGBTQ drama. The two leads have chemistry that bounces off the screen.. fantastic young actors. Also one of them is probably the most beautiful person I’ve ever seen 😂 & hes 23, so that’s fine 😂
I think I'm going to watch this next.

I've read the books and thought it was a decent interpretation. Both Charlie and Nick were spot on and loved Tao, Harry was really well played too. Was great to see them all looking like the age they're meant to be. Looking forward to more.

themuffinwoman

VIP Member
I've watched the first season so many times haha and still love it, so another watch and then watching the second season back to back can't hurt!
Yes deffo! I didn’t expect to like it tbh as it’s so not my thing but I was getting really choked up at various scenes 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart

phutton44

Chatty Member
I agree with Isaac, and if I had one criticism of this new series is I don't think his story was explored fully enough.
This ^^ I have to agree it was a disservice to Isaac that the aroace wasn't explored in depth and felt there were was alot of contrived padding for other characters. I didn't like the remove of Aled but felt Isaac would've been a great alternative but at the moment based on two seasons he simply didn't get enough exploration. You cannot please everyone and I think this is just a criticism I felt.

themuffinwoman

VIP Member
Alice said they tried everything they could to make it work, and that if they get a season 4 they'd love for her to return, so I'm guessing it's just scheduling. Such a shame!
Hey friend! You’re a fan too? I’m yet to watch the latest season but I really enjoyed the first two. So nostalgic 😅

• Heart

Mark81

VIP Member
I think the ED storyline is really interesting. I've only ever seen it on TV in regards to girls rather than boys.
Also Kit makes my heart melt. Genuinely think he's got a great career ahead of him. He was great in Rocketman too.
I've had issues with food my whole life, although much better now. But at secondary school I'd hide my lunch in bin when got home, and didn't eat. And that was in the 90s. So I definitely get it.

The only bit I don't relate to is his reasons why. But I hope they develop it further in season 3 otherwise it will be a bit if a shallow background story that doesn't go anywhere

Ursaarctosarctos

How many books are there? Was this season the first book or crossed over into other books?

Graphic Novels/comics etc are absolutely not my thing so I’ll be awaiting season 2! I’ve just finished it & overall I thought it was lovely. Very innocent & cute which has its place. In reality, imagine 2 teenage boys would be a lot more interested in sex 😂 but nice to see love take the forefront. I really though the two leads did a great job. I hope it’s renewed!

Is the lad who plays Charlie actually going out with the actor who plays Ben? Their instagrams seem filled with each other.. quite like that plot twist if so 😂
There's four volumes but I think the webtoon has gotten further ahead, up to volume 7. They are currently thinking about sleeping together in the webtoon. I think the series covered the first three volumes? Plenty to go...

Edit to say : I'm trying to relate the published volumes to the webtoon but as I've not seen the physical books I may be wrong.

londongirl2001

VIP Member
That is a lot of R&J going on in 2024 😁 I also saw someone suggest that this might be a musical version? I mean, if you’re casting Rachel Zegler you might as well make use of that voice of hers.

Mark81

VIP Member
Feel like that's a bit of an over-simplification of Charlie's storyline in season 1, while he struggled with assault, two boys who didn't want to be seen with him as boyfriends in public, clear beginnings of an eating disorder, friendship issues and thoughts of killing himself. But that's what I see a lot, Charlie's problems aren't really seen as such by many viewers, because they can only relate to Nick struggling with his sexuality. Or maybe Charlie's issues are too much and Nick's seem more grounded, especially for young viewers?
True, but some of that is standard teen stuff (friendship issues) bf/gf embarrassed by dating (happens to straight people too).

I don't remember suicide thoughts, need to rewatch it. I also wouldnt say the eating disorder being obvious but know its coming from people who have read books. I think next series may spin it round and he has more of the journey.

LaBlonde

VIP Member
If you like this, go watch Young Royals! It’s NOT so family friendly but it’s a great little LGBTQ drama. The two leads have chemistry that bounces off the screen.. fantastic young actors. Also one of them is probably the most beautiful person I’ve ever seen 😂 & hes 23, so that’s fine 😂
young royals is wonderful!! i enjoyed to more than heartstopper but that’s purely because i like a bit of angst with my sweetness 🤣 series two is coming in the summer i think!

Pontiac_Bandit

VIP Member
Hey friend! You’re a fan too? I’m yet to watch the latest season but I really enjoyed the first two. So nostalgic 😅
Haha yes, I got minorly obsessed when the first series came out and now have a healthy attachment to it again 😅 so glad you like it too!! The third series isn't out until October so you haven't missed out yet! I read volume 5 of the comics when that was released recently, I recommend having a look at the books if you don't mind graphic novels - some elements are different to the show but it's just as heartwarming/heartbreaking! I need to watch season 2 again because I watched most of it with the sound down low with baby bandit asleep on me so didn't fully appreciate it 😅

Mark81

VIP Member
none of the rugby boys in my college looked like that (sadly for me 🤣)

nick IS much bigger (and drawn as really a mountain of a guy) in the novels so you’re right. kit looked pretty realistically like a teenage rugby player to me, but i get that he was also smaller than the book version. based on these photos alone, i do think he will really stand out amongst the rest of the cast though. we’ll see!
Honestly in the video he doesn't look that big, and recent pics in clothes he looks OK. He has been looking like this for a while

Eenymeenyminymo

VIP Member
Baby Queen is my favourite discovery from this show. Her music is right up my street! And I’ve rediscovered my love for Chvrches as well! It has a truly fantastic soundtrack!
I discovered her on Spotify and went to see her a couple of weeks ago, loved her. First heard about the show when she was promoting it but only just got round to watching it