Health anxiety #4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone had a positive fit test I’m freaking out
I haven't but my friends dad did recently. He also had quite a lot of other symptoms and it was really, really worrying. In the end it turned out he had ulcers caused by his meds and needed to add omeprazole and have a meds review etc etc. So nothing sinister at all and very treatable. Have you been given advice on what the follow up will look like? ❤

Reactions: 1
I haven't but my friends dad did recently. He also had quite a lot of other symptoms and it was really, really worrying. In the end it turned out he had ulcers caused by his meds and needed to add omeprazole and have a meds review etc etc. So nothing sinister at all and very treatable. Have you been given advice on what the follow up will look like? ❤
Thank you I’m trying to not worry

Thank you I’m trying to not worry
I have one to do (working myself upto it!) but I have piles and it does say most people with piles will get a positive test as they’re looking for blood and piles will cause blood to show up.

I'm wondering if you guys could help me with something?

I'm going to the UK for a week on Friday and I suffer with AWFUL headaches. Do any of you know if you can buy Nurofen Plus over the counter in British pharmacies? I've been to some countries where codeine is only available on prescription. I know codeine is addictive and all that, but I'm just so nervous that I'll only be able to get something like ibuprofen or paracetamol (that's what happened to me in Germany). I'm anxious at the thought of being stuck with a migraine.

I could just go to my GP here in Ireland and get a prescription for Solpadeine, but money is tight.. if I saw my doctor, I'd be down €65 to cover GP fees and another €40 for the script :(

I'm wondering if you guys could help me with something?

I'm going to the UK for a week on Friday and I suffer with AWFUL headaches. Do any of you know if you can buy Nurofen Plus over the counter in British pharmacies? I've been to some countries where codeine is only available on prescription. I know codeine is addictive and all that, but I'm just so nervous that I'll only be able to get something like ibuprofen or paracetamol (that's what happened to me in Germany). I'm anxious at the thought of being stuck with a migraine.

I could just go to my GP here in Ireland and get a prescription for Solpadeine, but money is tight.. if I saw my doctor, I'd be down €65 to cover GP fees and another €40 for the script :(
Yeah u can buy it, I’m in ni and can get it over the counter

Thank you! I might need to start buying meds up North, I bought a box of Nurofen today for €20. Daylight robbery prices.
I just checked my Tesco app and a box of nurofen are 4.50, I didn’t realise the price of meds down there were so different.

My health anxiety is through the roof. I’ve had a mole / freckle on my toe for years and years and I’ve noticed that it’s got darker and bigger. I got it checked 3 years ago and it was fine. My health anxiety has me convinced it’s something sinister and I’m struggling to function normally, the anxiety is crippling. Getting it checked on Friday but it still seems so long to wait.

My health anxiety is through the roof. I’ve had a mole / freckle on my toe for years and years and I’ve noticed that it’s got darker and bigger. I got it checked 3 years ago and it was fine. My health anxiety has me convinced it’s something sinister and I’m struggling to function normally, the anxiety is crippling. Getting it checked on Friday but it still seems so long to wait.
Is it bleeding, shape changed, irregular.sodes,does one side look different to the other?

Deep breaths, I can relate so much to these crippling feelings, you really cant function and think of anything else. TommyB has asked some good questions above. Getting darker and larger is not typically the signs that a mole may be malignant. Irregular shaping, bleeding or change in its consistency or normally more of a concern. You are doing the right thing getting it checked, and you may actually just want to remove it for future protection. I am absolutely sure it will be OK, try to relax, although honestly I know you won't...because I wouldn't either.

• Heart
Is it bleeding, shape changed, irregular.sodes,does one side look different to the other?
Not bleeding or itchy. It’s still round in shape as it was before, just larger. It doesn’t look particularly asymmetrical.

I’d upload a photo but don’t think that’s appropriate.

Deep breaths, I can relate so much to these crippling feelings, you really cant function and think of anything else. TommyB has asked some good questions above. Getting darker and larger is not typically the signs that a mole may be malignant. Irregular shaping, bleeding or change in its consistency or normally more of a concern. You are doing the right thing getting it checked, and you may actually just want to remove it for future protection. I am absolutely sure it will be OK, try to relax, although honestly I know you won't...because I wouldn't either.
Thank you so much I needed to hear this ❤ Health anxiety can make you feel so lonely. Everyone around me looks to me like I’m overreacting or being overdramatic. Yes I think I’m going to ask about removal.

Not bleeding or itchy. It’s still round in shape as it was before, just larger. It doesn’t look particularly asymmetrical.

Thank you so much I needed to hear this ❤ Health anxiety can make you feel so lonely. Everyone around me looks to me like I’m overreacting or being overdramatic. Yes I think I’m going to ask about removal.
Have you recently had a baby or some other hormonal stuff like menopause? Apparently that can make them grow. I totally know what you mean. I've stopped talking to my friends about health stuff, they think I am absolutely crazy. Its anxiety just like any other but I'm always made to feel crazy!

Please try not to worry. Stop googling!

Moles getting bigger /darker is usually a result of hormone changes/pregnancy but it absolutely can happen. If that's all that's happening I really don't think you need to be worried. Good you are getting it checked to put your mind at rest but unless it has the below (the abc's of skin cancer) it will be fine!

Asymmetry
Border (Blurred)
Colour (mixed colours)
Diameter (over 6mm)
Evolves (over time has spread unevenly)

• Heart
Have you recently had a baby or some other hormonal stuff like menopause? Apparently that can make them grow. I totally know what you mean. I've stopped talking to my friends about health stuff, they think I am absolutely crazy. Its anxiety just like any other but I'm always made to feel crazy!
I had my baby 18 months ago, I too read that pregnancy/ hormones can cause changes but I wasn’t sure if it’s just a temporary change that pregnancy causes and they return after. I’m hoping that it’s maybe just linked to that.

I can relate to that!

One of my moles had all the changes that indicated something sinister and it was fine. I got it removed anyway just for peace of mind and the doctors were great about it x

Reactions: 2
Just as an update I got to checked this morning and Gp wasn’t worried about it. Her words were “I’m confident you can go skipping out of here with nothing to worry about”. She sent a photo to dermatology anyway but she’s not worried. Still a little bit nervous about it being sent there for them to look at but the gp took a thorough look and wasn’t concerned.

Reactions: 2