Health Anxiety #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have sinus tachycardia and have had tests and they aren’t concerned. Apparently it can be common in young women in particular for no real reason. Mine is fine resting but up to 150 with light exercise. Stress and dehydration are both common causes.
Thank you, I am very stressed lately. My heart rate started reducing after hydrating yesterday but panic still kept it higher than usual. I went to the doctor before for peace of mind and he said he didn’t detect any irregularity in tests (ECG and stethoscope) but said something about my heart rate changing as I breathe, which he thinks is what happened at the walk in centre. I get very anxious seeing physicians.

Thank you, I am very stressed lately. My heart rate started reducing after hydrating yesterday but panic still kept it higher than usual. I went to the doctor before for peace of mind and he said he didn’t detect any irregularity in tests (ECG and stethoscope) but said something about my heart rate changing as I breathe, which he thinks is what happened at the walk in centre. I get very anxious seeing physicians.
It’s quite common. We call it white coat syndrome. A lot of patients have raised BP or pulse in a hospital environment!

Some people do just have a naturally high heart rate (like myself). It does creep me out a little though since it’s unexplained despite ECGs etc but I can’t do anything to change it.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I don’t know if this is the right place for me, but my anxiety is sky high. I’ve been 💩 blood for about 4 weeks, it’s actually in my 💩
I’ve been dizzy and nauseous at times too. I’ve been trying to get a GP appointment for 2 weeks or so and every time I ring they ask my details, tell me it doesn’t sound ‘urgent’ and ring back the next day to get a non-emergency appointment. Obviously they all fly out.
But I’ve done the really stupid thing of googling and I am terrified. I know nothing will ease this anxiety until I’m seen, but now every little headache or cramp, I convince myself it’s related and it’s keeping my up at night (more than my 5 month old baby does!).
I guess I just need some solidarity that I’m anxious and it’s ok to be anxious…😕

I don’t know if this is the right place for me, but my anxiety is sky high. I’ve been 💩 blood for about 4 weeks, it’s actually in my 💩
I’ve been dizzy and nauseous at times too. I’ve been trying to get a GP appointment for 2 weeks or so and every time I ring they ask my details, tell me it doesn’t sound ‘urgent’ and ring back the next day to get a non-emergency appointment. Obviously they all fly out.
But I’ve done the really stupid thing of googling and I am terrified. I know nothing will ease this anxiety until I’m seen, but now every little headache or cramp, I convince myself it’s related and it’s keeping my up at night (more than my 5 month old baby does!).
I guess I just need some solidarity that I’m anxious and it’s ok to be anxious…😕
Blood in your poo is absolutely deserving of an emergency appointment, ring them back first thing tomorrow and don’t take no for an answer. If they don’t listen, go there and make a fuss. It is most likely nothing serious but it should ALWAYS be investigated. Your feelings are absolutely valid, hugs for a speedy appointment and good results ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
How scary for you, defo be pushy you need to be seen. Just for a little bit of reassurance my partner had these symptoms, constant blood in stools, weight loss etc. He had a all the tests and it turned out to be just really bad IBS so it doesn't neccessarily mean the worst but get seen lovely. Thinking of you xx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Has anyone on here had a raised armpit lymph node before??
Found it the other day, went straight to the doctors and she said its 1cm big so not cause for concern but to go back if it gets bigger 😖😖 I asked should it be going down and she said no that may just be how my lymph node is, just makes me anxious because I've always thought raised lymph nodes are definitely a cause for concern! I've not had any viruses or illnesses to make it raised either!
I've had a raised one on my neck for years. I've had bloodwork, x-rays and ultrasounds and everything has always come back clear. The dr explained that some people just have more prominent ones than others and they can shrink/grow depending on illness or stress. Sometimes we have viruses that we're not aware of because we don't show any symptoms, so that could be the cause of yours.

Reactions: 2
I've had a raised one on my neck for years. I've had bloodwork, x-rays and ultrasounds and everything has always come back clear. The dr explained that some people just have more prominent ones than others and they can shrink/grow depending on illness or stress. Sometimes we have viruses that we're not aware of because we don't show any symptoms, so that could be the cause of yours.
Same here, I developed a raised one after having covid and it never went down but dr said its ok. It sometimes gets bigger if I'm sick or feel run-down!

• Heart
So I thought my discomfort in my lower tummy and pelvic region might have been H Pylori coming back as I had similar last time. I bought a home test kit from the pharmacy which came back positive but GP test has come back today negative. Feel like I could burst into tears because now I'm CONVINCED it's cancer or something. I have a physical exam on Monday because she wants to check it out.

But I can't understand why the GP test would come back as negative when the pharmacy one they told me you cannot get a false positive?

Has anyone else ever absolutely convinced themselves they are dying? This is awful.

Had my second thyroid op yesterday, discharged a few hours ago, on my discharge form it says findings: congested right jugular vein?! A nurse went to ask a Dr and they said it could be a number of things but obviously they’re not worried it’s a blood clot or something, but now I’m panicking and ill be ringing the consultant tomorrow to find out what it means 😪 anyone with a medical background know what it could mean??

Had my second thyroid op yesterday, discharged a few hours ago, on my discharge form it says findings: congested right jugular vein?! A nurse went to ask a Dr and they said it could be a number of things but obviously they’re not worried it’s a blood clot or something, but now I’m panicking and ill be ringing the consultant tomorrow to find out what it means 😪 anyone with a medical background know what it could mean??
Could it be cholestrol?

I still have the lump that I got checked last year and I’m convinced it wasn’t just swollen breast tissue like they said but it’s actually something worse 😩

• Sad
I still have the lump that I got checked last year and I’m convinced it wasn’t just swollen breast tissue like they said but it’s actually something worse 😩
Can you make a GP appointment to have an
exam? And if you're still not happy ask for a breast clinic referral. 😊 I suffer from lumpy breasts and been to the clinic 3 times this year because each month I find a new lump and although the GP has a good idea, they're obviously never 100% sure, so they refer me. Up to now all has been okay but I worry every month and it's like there's a dark cloud hanging over me.... 🙁

I find that's the thing with health anxiety. You have one thing you focus on and then when you get the all clear from that you just find something else to focus on so it's maybe you used to panic about your shoulder but now your whole focus is on the thyroid your brain doesn't have time to focus on anything else!

I've always had shoulder pain, I think it's from always been tense but then I did end up with frozen shoulder.
I haven't read the full thread when I saw your post, so sorry if it's been answered already.

I've been suffering from frozen shoulder for the past 9 months, I was on steroids for a while, but didn't want to continue due to possible side effects, so now I am just on exercise.

How long did it take for you to get better and what treatment did you have.

I haven't read the full thread when I saw your post, so sorry if it's been answered already.

I've been suffering from frozen shoulder for the past 9 months, I was on steroids for a while, but didn't want to continue due to possible side effects, so now I am just on exercise.

How long did it take for you to get better and what treatment did you have.
Mine was during covid and lockdowns so I did get to see a GP as I also had elbow pain. He wasn’t convinced my elbow was tennis elbow but did think I needed to see the physio for my shoulder. But due to covid it was a telephone appointment.

Physio had me do loads of tests over phone and said I did have tennis elbow and frozen shoulder so she emailed me exercises to do and told me to sleep with my arm on a pillow.

Said she would ring me again in 4 weeks but she never did! The exercises helped a bit and sleeping with the pillow definitely helps but isn’t that comfy so I bought a travel pillow and use that to put my arm on instead.

I’m going through peri menopause and frozen shoulder seems to be a common ailment of that and I have a few friends who have also had it.

Mine is better but not completely fixed and my elbow also not completely better. I think I just got used to the pain/discomfort. I have heard that it’s best to let the shoulder heal itself rather than use the steroid injections.

Mine was during covid and lockdowns so I did get to see a GP as I also had elbow pain. He wasn’t convinced my elbow was tennis elbow but did think I needed to see the physio for my shoulder. But due to covid it was a telephone appointment.

Physio had me do loads of tests over phone and said I did have tennis elbow and frozen shoulder so she emailed me exercises to do and told me to sleep with my arm on a pillow.

Said she would ring me again in 4 weeks but she never did! The exercises helped a bit and sleeping with the pillow definitely helps but isn’t that comfy so I bought a travel pillow and use that to put my arm on instead.

I’m going through peri menopause and frozen shoulder seems to be a common ailment of that and I have a few friends who have also had it.

Mine is better but not completely fixed and my elbow also not completely better. I think I just got used to the pain/discomfort. I have heard that it’s best to let the shoulder heal itself rather than use the steroid injections.
Thank you so much for replying. I use the pillow technique as well. My movement is better, but still not back to normal.

Like you said, just have to wait it out.

Thank you so much for replying. I use the pillow technique as well. My movement is better, but still not back to normal.

Like you said, just have to wait it out.
Yes. Hopefully we’ll get back to normal soon!

Mine is my right shoulder. Is yours?

Ive posted this before but I am panicking again, even though I'm trying to remind myself it's normal!!

I had my baby five months ago - he was born at the end of April and for the past two periods I've spotted two weeks after each. This time I'm spotting (2nd time) 2 weeks after my period and I'm getting cramps/sore boobs so I'm wondering if its ovulation bleeding?

My periods have been like this:

1st Period - 28th June
2nd Period - 11th July
3rd Period - 8th August (spotted for a few days on the 27th August)
Current period - 7th Sept (spotting on the 24th)

Doesthis sound normal?! Gong to ring the GP I think just to double check on Monday but I'm going out of my mind with bloody worry

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.