Have you or a family member had covid and recovered?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
February I had a sore throat for 2 days, went off slightly for a day, all the while developing a cough, day 4 sore throat was back, over the next few days developed cold symptoms along with the cough, I don’t normally get coughs, but I was okay within 2 weeks so I don’t know if i had it mildly or what, was just unusual for me because I don’t normally get coughs and obviously it’s a textbook symptom. Probably wasn’t lol but you never know, the timing is right..

My 85 year old uncle has, which is quite impressive! I also have a friend in her mid 30s who had it back in late February/early March; she wasn't hospitalised, but she had breathing problems with it. I have another friend whose sister was on a ventilator for 9 weeks; she's still in hospital, but she's now vivid and ventilator free.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
My best friend had it just as we locked down, took her out for 3 weeks initially, her kids had no symptoms and her diabetic hubby only a mild cough. She's really suffered since with fatigue and was then diagnosed with pleurisy of the lung, she's only just been able to start exercising again for 10 mins at a time 🙁

I had the antibody test yesterday and was negative. Interestingly I was told that it didn’t mean I’ve never had it, just that antibodies often start to decrease over time and so unless I’d had it in the last six weeks there was a good chance the antibody levels would not be high enough to be picked up on the test. Four work colleagues also tested negative despite us and other colleagues from the US who had traveled together being very ill at the start of the year with similar symptoms. One colleague had an antibody test done as soon as some became available and did test positive which makes sense. think I may have had it back in February - most of the symptoms but only for 3-4 days managed at home, I’m 29 and healthy and cane down with symptoms around a week after having travelled. I’m grateful now I took it as a bad cold and didn’t visit my grandparents that weekend.

I’m sure I had it in February. Woke up feeling fluey, had a really sore throat and thought I maybe had tonsillitis. The soreness in my throat was odd... not such a soreness inside but the muscles all around it if that makes ANY sense. Hurt to talk, eat and swallow! Horrible headaches, cough for 3 weeks and lost my sense of taste but not for long. Also developed an eye infection a short while after. I have read about that possibly being an uncommon symptom but not sure how true that is.
That interesting. I thought I had it in Feb too. I had a chest infection, two lots of antibiotics didnt touch it. I had impertigo on my chin in my teens, grose and weird it used to come back everytime I was on holiday. After I'd just started recovering from my chest infection my impertigo came back, exactly the same place and I've not had it for YEARS.

Reactions: 3
I had it in March. Got the antibody results last week. Had a cough, fatigue, no taste & smell. I feel like I may have an ongoing issue with my lungs as I find stairs hard going now (I’m out of breath at the top and have to sit down) but it could be that I’m just moving less anyway & am lots more unfit

My aunt with many underlying health conditions had it, diagnosed as they did mass testing at her nursing home after a breakout of suspected cases. She was admitted to hospital and family were told she wouldn't be ventilated and prepare for that. In the end she had barely any symptoms and back in the home a few days later.

Reactions: 4
I had it in March. Got the antibody results last week. Had a cough, fatigue, no taste & smell. I feel like I may have an ongoing issue with my lungs as I find stairs hard going now (I’m out of breath at the top and have to sit down) but it could be that I’m just moving less anyway & am lots more unfit
same for me .had it march still getting really out of breath if i rush upstairs, do gardening..it could be that im moving less and now unfit but it could be side effect.
did you have to pay for your antibody test ?

same for me .had it march still getting really out of breath if i rush upstairs, do gardening..it could be that im moving less and now unfit but it could be side effect.
did you have to pay for your antibody test ?
No, I’ve been volunteering with the NHS so I got it done for free. I’m starting to think it is a side-effect more and more, because I’ve been really unfit at times in the last ten years and it has never made me breathless, not really. But also I’m lots more aware of it now so who knows. I’m part of a clinical study so hopefully it will lead to more testing

My husband had it and only had very mild sore throat. Self isolated for 7 days and was absolutely fine he thought it was hay fever to start with. Very very lucky, I also ordered a test as pregnant and worried and mine was negative amazingly. We found list of symptoms may seem confusing for some as sore throat isn’t listed as one of the main ones, I suspect some people may end up not bothering to self isolate if they had something as mild as he had!

My husband has had it recently. Started off with a really bad headache for a few days and then had a temperature, achy joints and a cough. Got antest straight away and it came back positive.
He isolated away from the rest of us in the house and completely went off food. He said the worst part was the exhaustion, he wasnt doing anything apart from resting and sleeping but he just couldnt shake the exhaustion.

I work in the NHS and as part of my job I would get a lot of hospital discharge reports and ongoing community based recordings and reports and have been underwhelmed by the effect of covid. The response has been more destructive than the disease itself. A lot less deaths than we thought (thank goodness!!!!!) and some very very sick old people getting through just fine,some with no symptoms. Big groups of staff with mild cold symptoms testing positive. Its mind boggling but there for the grace of God ....

Reactions: 3
Sorry if this isn’t the best place for this but does anyone know how to go about getting an antibody test done? SuperDrug have revoked theirs and I would like to know if I have had it or not (had lots of symptoms the week of lockdown). I know there is currently no factual evidence to support having it once means you can’t catch it again but it would help with my anxiety around go outside etc.

I only know one person who has had it, she was a classroom assistant in our school and she died. It’s horrific.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Thankfully I don't know anyone who's confirmed to have had it but my mum is absolutely adamant she had it in January and I do believe her. She lives with her partner and when she caught it, he was on a business trip for 2 weeks. My mum is very tough, even when she has the normal flu, she's still up and about but this knocked her sideways for over 3 weeks. I was bringing her food everyday for 2 weeks before she felt well enough to make her own. She said she had a wicked cough (which stayed well in to Feb), loss of taste and smell, fever as well as diarrhoea. We were very lucky her partner was abroad as he has underlying health conditions. And she never let me and siblings see her during those weeks, I always let myself in, left the food, shouted a few instructions from the bottom of the stairs and left. She's completely fine now but the cough really was disgusting, it lingered for a very long time (we estimate about 5 weeks).

I've booked a test to be safe. I couldn't get one til Friday, it is drive thru. Will stay home until I get the results.

My husband is regularly tested, as he works for the NHS. He tested positive last month, we then both had to self isolate.
I did not get tested, but assumed I must have had it also - we share the same bed and everything else.
I felt quite lethargic for a couple of weeks (but can’t confirm that i definitely had it). Husband said he felt no symptoms at all.