Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
My grandad was tested 3 times over the course of a week whilst in hospital for a UTI. Final test was positive. They told us the prognosis was extremely poor, thankfully we all got a chance to speak to him via phone. He’s 83 and now back home ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Monkeybum

VIP Member
As a nurse, pretty much everyone I know has had it. Varying degrees. Some mild, many moderate - very ill but at home. Two hospitalised but now home. Three in ITU - one died, one was in for weeks and we were told to expect the worst, but after many weeks shes home. The third is still in ITU and gravely ill.
The middle ITU one gives me hope, my Dad has been in 8 weeks with it. He was moved off ITU last week but deteriorated over the weekend after getting an infection and is back on a ventilator on ITU. They told us Sunday to prepare for the worst but he's still here and fighting 👊

• Heart
Reactions: 8

GlennCoco

VIP Member
My grandfather had it and sadly passed away from it. He was in hospital for other ailments and they tested him as he came into hospital and he tested negative but within a few days he started showing symptoms so they retested him and it came back positive.
He initially responded well to treatment and was moved to a different hospital but he sadly stopped responding to treatment and died a few days later.

• Sad
Reactions: 7

Vee6

VIP Member
As a nurse, pretty much everyone I know has had it. Varying degrees. Some mild, many moderate - very ill but at home. Two hospitalised but now home. Three in ITU - one died, one was in for weeks and we were told to expect the worst, but after many weeks shes home. The third is still in ITU and gravely ill.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7

CandyPink99

I tested positive in April. Had no symptoms whatsoever and would never have known I had it. The only reason I went for a test was I pulled a sicky at work and they insisted I was tested before coming back.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5

hnoz

VIP Member
My aunt with many underlying health conditions had it, diagnosed as they did mass testing at her nursing home after a breakout of suspected cases. She was admitted to hospital and family were told she wouldn't be ventilated and prepare for that. In the end she had barely any symptoms and back in the home a few days later.

Reactions: 4

Lola UK

VIP Member
I wasn’t able to get a test but I had symptoms right at the beginning of this pandemic and I’m 99% sure I had it. I work in a dentist so very high risk of exposure.
I had chills one day in work and then woke up with a high temp, very lethargic, aching muscles just very fluey. The next few days I had horrendous headaches, nothing I’ve ever experienced before. I was living on paracetamol! I had no appetite due to no taste or smell and just slept for days! I didn’t feel right for about 2 weeks.
I had a lot of people tell me at the time it won’t be coronavirus as no cough, but obviously now we all know there are lots of symptoms!
My partner who I live with just felt tired for a few days 😂 that was it!!! So I would very interested to get an antibody test!

Reactions: 3

Ellsbells123

VIP Member
My father in law had it, spent time in both intensive care and then on a Covid ward. He was discharged mid April, is still on purée food because of the damage from the ventilation tube, can’t climb the stairs without getting breathless and generally feels tired a lot. We were advised it can take years, if at all, for the body to fully recover. Just extremely grateful that he survived.

• Wow

Monkeybum

VIP Member
The middle ITU one gives me hope, my Dad has been in 8 weeks with it. He was moved off ITU last week but deteriorated over the weekend after getting an infection and is back on a ventilator on ITU. They told us Sunday to prepare for the worst but he's still here and fighting 👊
Just to update on this, he's still in hospital (14 weeks today), has had a tracheostomy and likely to be PEG fed in the next few days. Currently his vocal cords are paralysed and there's no guarantee he'll be able to speak, eat or drink again. But he's still here and still fighting so keeping everything crossed he won't be that badly affected 🤞🤞

• Sad
  • Heart

Mums84

VIP Member
I work in the NHS and as part of my job I would get a lot of hospital discharge reports and ongoing community based recordings and reports and have been underwhelmed by the effect of covid. The response has been more destructive than the disease itself. A lot less deaths than we thought (thank goodness!!!!!) and some very very sick old people getting through just fine,some with no symptoms. Big groups of staff with mild cold symptoms testing positive. Its mind boggling but there for the grace of God ....

Titntat

VIP Member
I’m sure I had it in February. Woke up feeling fluey, had a really sore throat and thought I maybe had tonsillitis. The soreness in my throat was odd... not such a soreness inside but the muscles all around it if that makes ANY sense. Hurt to talk, eat and swallow! Horrible headaches, cough for 3 weeks and lost my sense of taste but not for long. Also developed an eye infection a short while after. I have read about that possibly being an uncommon symptom but not sure how true that is.
That interesting. I thought I had it in Feb too. I had a chest infection, two lots of antibiotics didnt touch it. I had impertigo on my chin in my teens, grose and weird it used to come back everytime I was on holiday. After I'd just started recovering from my chest infection my impertigo came back, exactly the same place and I've not had it for YEARS.

Gossgirl

I only know one person who has had it, she was a classroom assistant in our school and she died. It’s horrific.

• Sad
Reactions: 2

shirleymaclaine1

Just to update on this, he's still in hospital (14 weeks today), has had a tracheostomy and likely to be PEG fed in the next few days. Currently his vocal cords are paralysed and there's no guarantee he'll be able to speak, eat or drink again. But he's still here and still fighting so keeping everything crossed he won't be that badly affected 🤞🤞
Wishing your dad all for the best for a full recovery, Monkeybum xx

• Heart
Reactions: 2

SunshineSally

Chatty Member
My other half's dad had it and it aged him by about 20 years. It was really hard getting him diagnosed and he was in and out of hospital for a while until they finally kept him in. He has been out for about 2 weeks now and has a long way to go. His main problems are really bad diarrhoea and lack of smell and taste. As as low energy.

• Wow
Reactions: 1

openbook1

VIP Member
I've booked a test to be safe. I couldn't get one til Friday, it is drive thru. Will stay home until I get the results.

Mumdrum

My friend a nurse caught it at work - covid ward and she was tested. Interesting she carried on at home like normal, but isolating, her husband and 2 children didnt catch it and were all tested. Her experience was mild much like a head cold. It took around 3 weeks for her to be able to smell or taste anything.

LittleMy

VIP Member
I had it at the end of April - confirmed via drive thru testing. I work in a care home and had to self isolate for two weeks at home with my husband and two kids. My kids were fine and had no symptoms at all, but my husband developed similar symptoms to me a few days after. I never developed a fever and only a slight persistent cough later. My early symptoms were severe headache, sore throat and muscle aches. I lost my sense of smell too later. Fully recovered now and back at work. My husband had more of a cough, but he is asthmatic. He appears to have recovered but is still very fatigued at times.

• Sad

Snoopy1988

I had it the begining of May, went to bed absolutely fine then woke up the next morning with achey lungs whilst just walking down the stairs. I luckily had a test booked in for that day as i work in healthcare and began to isolate, within 48 hours I received the text to confirm I was positive. I went on to lose sense of smell and taste, had a sore throat, lungs began to hurt more, my chest felt tight and I became super tired. No cough or temperature and recovered within a week! I moved out of my house at the begining of lockdown to protect my high risk family and now im so glad I did!