Have you or a family member had covid and recovered?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My other half's dad had it and it aged him by about 20 years. It was really hard getting him diagnosed and he was in and out of hospital for a while until they finally kept him in. He has been out for about 2 weeks now and has a long way to go. His main problems are really bad diarrhoea and lack of smell and taste. As as low energy.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
My father in law had it, spent time in both intensive care and then on a Covid ward. He was discharged mid April, is still on purée food because of the damage from the ventilation tube, can’t climb the stairs without getting breathless and generally feels tired a lot. We were advised it can take years, if at all, for the body to fully recover. Just extremely grateful that he survived.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I had it at the end of April - confirmed via drive thru testing. I work in a care home and had to self isolate for two weeks at home with my husband and two kids. My kids were fine and had no symptoms at all, but my husband developed similar symptoms to me a few days after. I never developed a fever and only a slight persistent cough later. My early symptoms were severe headache, sore throat and muscle aches. I lost my sense of smell too later. Fully recovered now and back at work. My husband had more of a cough, but he is asthmatic. He appears to have recovered but is still very fatigued at times.

• Sad
My partner had it, suffered quite badly for 3 weeks. Struggled breathing at times, went into hospital twice but wasn’t admitted. He had no energy and had a significant cough. He was tested at the hospital where he works as a student nurse. A few weeks later I had symptoms, temperature of 40 for 6 days, barely left my bed and my chest had felt a little strange for a few weeks after. Very slight cough. I didn’t get tested but I assumed it was the virus as I’ve never felt anything like it before. We have a 5 year old who either didn’t catch it or did and presented no symptoms. I’m 26 and my partner is 32 and we’re both healthy so thankfully we’re fully recovered now with no lasting issues

I wasn’t able to get a test but I had symptoms right at the beginning of this pandemic and I’m 99% sure I had it. I work in a dentist so very high risk of exposure.
I had chills one day in work and then woke up with a high temp, very lethargic, aching muscles just very fluey. The next few days I had horrendous headaches, nothing I’ve ever experienced before. I was living on paracetamol! I had no appetite due to no taste or smell and just slept for days! I didn’t feel right for about 2 weeks.
I had a lot of people tell me at the time it won’t be coronavirus as no cough, but obviously now we all know there are lots of symptoms!
My partner who I live with just felt tired for a few days 😂 that was it!!! So I would very interested to get an antibody test!

Reactions: 3
My friend a nurse caught it at work - covid ward and she was tested. Interesting she carried on at home like normal, but isolating, her husband and 2 children didnt catch it and were all tested. Her experience was mild much like a head cold. It took around 3 weeks for her to be able to smell or taste anything.

im 99% sure i came down with it just before we went into lockdown.
At the time where i live you could inky get a test if you were admitted to hospital.

Slight sniffles on a monday so self isolated and WFH then cough started wed , Friday came down with shivers couldnt get warm, went to bed with hot water bottle and clothed and was still frozen. Cough became relentless and was constant. chest pain, rasping breathing, no appetite (lost 10lb), vice like headache for several days, sleepiness, upset stomach every time i ate anything hot. The only symptoms i didn't have were temperature and loss of smell.
from about day 4 to day 11 there was no improvement in how if felt. not like a normal illness where you gradually feel better each day. it really did beat the hell out of me !
Day 15 i finally was able to stay out of bed for the whole day. i was still breathless when doing any physical activity like walking , light gardening whizzing up stairs for about 6 weeks.
i would really like the antibody test because if i didnt have it id like to know what the hell it was !
Would also like to have a proper health check up to see if im left with any health side affects from it.

My dad is pretty certain he had it, classic symptoms - not really someone that gets ill or has any chest problems before. He was in bed for a week or so then slowly recovered, fatigue and cough lasted a couple weeks more. My mum thinks she caught it off him but only had a couple of days with a sore throat and slight fever. I guess we’ll know if antibody tests become available.

I always say I’ve had it because I had a really bizarre illness back before Christmas, classic COVID progression aswell (got better and then got worse). I doubt it was actually covid but I’d be interested to find out!

My grandfather had it and sadly passed away from it. He was in hospital for other ailments and they tested him as he came into hospital and he tested negative but within a few days he started showing symptoms so they retested him and it came back positive.
He initially responded well to treatment and was moved to a different hospital but he sadly stopped responding to treatment and died a few days later.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I always say I’ve had it because I had a really bizarre illness back before Christmas, classic COVID progression aswell (got better and then got worse). I doubt it was actually covid but I’d be interested to find out!
Same here. Also a third of my class were absent over a two week period

As a nurse, pretty much everyone I know has had it. Varying degrees. Some mild, many moderate - very ill but at home. Two hospitalised but now home. Three in ITU - one died, one was in for weeks and we were told to expect the worst, but after many weeks shes home. The third is still in ITU and gravely ill.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I had it the begining of May, went to bed absolutely fine then woke up the next morning with achey lungs whilst just walking down the stairs. I luckily had a test booked in for that day as i work in healthcare and began to isolate, within 48 hours I received the text to confirm I was positive. I went on to lose sense of smell and taste, had a sore throat, lungs began to hurt more, my chest felt tight and I became super tired. No cough or temperature and recovered within a week! I moved out of my house at the begining of lockdown to protect my high risk family and now im so glad I did!

As a nurse, pretty much everyone I know has had it. Varying degrees. Some mild, many moderate - very ill but at home. Two hospitalised but now home. Three in ITU - one died, one was in for weeks and we were told to expect the worst, but after many weeks shes home. The third is still in ITU and gravely ill.
The middle ITU one gives me hope, my Dad has been in 8 weeks with it. He was moved off ITU last week but deteriorated over the weekend after getting an infection and is back on a ventilator on ITU. They told us Sunday to prepare for the worst but he's still here and fighting 👊

• Heart
Reactions: 8
My dad is pretty certain he had it, classic symptoms - not really someone that gets ill or has any chest problems before. He was in bed for a week or so then slowly recovered, fatigue and cough lasted a couple weeks more. My mum thinks she caught it off him but only had a couple of days with a sore throat and slight fever. I guess we’ll know if antibody tests become available.

[/QU
Same here. Also a third of my class were absent over a two week

I felt so unwell with a virus with covid symptoms in january too. I've heard that a few other local people have said exactly the same thing which leads me to believe the theory that this could be the second wave. None of the people who had the Christmas/ January virus have caught covid yet.

I had it.... started off with a tight feeling in my chest, totally shattered, no energy, cold sweats etc. Total loss of smell or taste. Dry cough and difficulty breathing. No temp. I’m asthmatic So needed medical care one day. Symptoms lasted best part of 3 weeks.

My grandad was tested 3 times over the course of a week whilst in hospital for a UTI. Final test was positive. They told us the prognosis was extremely poor, thankfully we all got a chance to speak to him via phone. He’s 83 and now back home ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 12
My aunts an er nurse in New York she had Covid and so did her daughter her daughter was never confirmed but had all the symptoms and was around my aunt who tested positive their both fully recovered they didn’t get it too bad they could isolate at home thankfully they didn’t need to go to hospital (her daughter is only 14 it shows were all vulnerable to catching it)

I’m sure I had it in February. Woke up feeling fluey, had a really sore throat and thought I maybe had tonsillitis. The soreness in my throat was odd... not such a soreness inside but the muscles all around it if that makes ANY sense. Hurt to talk, eat and swallow! Horrible headaches, cough for 3 weeks and lost my sense of taste but not for long. Also developed an eye infection a short while after. I have read about that possibly being an uncommon symptom but not sure how true that is.

I tested positive in April. Had no symptoms whatsoever and would never have known I had it. The only reason I went for a test was I pulled a sicky at work and they insisted I was tested before coming back.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5