Have you ever known someone who went missing or was murdered?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One of my school ‘friends’- we weren’t besties or hung out, he was a bug trouble maker, always getting suspended and getting into fights and moat people were scared of him in our year, I joined the school year late (moved) and everyone warned me about him, but he was absolutely lovely to me and always looked out for me.

after we left school, heard he got murdered related to a drug gang and the most brutal part he was cut into pieces and his body parts Kept getting sent to his family home. Absolutely horrible

still makes me sad to this day.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Went to Tenerife In 2013 had the best holiday and made friends with a couple of guys from
Manchester, usual story kept in touch on Facebook... he was murdered last year by his girlfriend in Dukinfield Manchester. Was absolutely horrified.

I was also at work one day when a baby who had been murdered was brought in. Never forget watching the consultant I worked with run off to vomit he’s never been the same since.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
True crime is my fave thing to read/watch so this thread is right up my street!

My next door neighbor killed his girlfriend, put her in the bath and then returned later with her daughter so that they could find her together, so cruel to do that to her daughter.

Went to school with a boy that got bullied loads, he got run over and killed and all the kids who had bullied him started with their crocodile tears to get sympathy and attention. Knob heads

My ex bfs friend got killed in the Manchester Arena bombing.

My mums cousin was murdered by his boyfriend after they got drunk and had an argument.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Went to Tenerife In 2013 had the best holiday and made friends with a couple of guys from
Manchester, usual story kept in touch on Facebook... he was murdered last year by his girlfriend in Dukinfield Manchester. Was absolutely horrified.

I was also at work one day when a baby who had been murdered was brought in. Never forget watching the consultant I worked with run off to vomit he’s never been the same since.
I think I know what you are talking about with the baby, Back in March 2019? Dad charged in February this year?

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I think I know what you are talking about with the baby, Back in March 2019? Dad charged in February this year?
Ah I’m actually talking about a baby from 2016. However I know that baby story too, & yes he was convicted this year. I’m aware of that story because I had my baby a year before 5 weeks early (same hospital that I work at) and was a member of the neonatal unit Facebook. The day after that baby died the mother (the baby had been on the unit after birth) wrote that she was sorry to tell everyone the baby had died in her sleep. And I reported it to the police because it was a very odd message that she wrote. Although he was charged as guilty it’s believed she was involved also, either by turning a blind eye or actively involved. It’s absolutely horrific to even imagine

• Sad
Reactions: 8
A friend in my primary class was murdered rather brutally by his mum on Christmas Day. He was only 5. 🙁
I remember seeing his school photo in the paper as my parents gently explained he'd died. (Only found out what actually happened years later .) Kinda wish I'd asked to keep the photo now since as much as I've tried, I haven't been able to find a copy of that photo anywhere, just to make sure I'm remembering his face right 😔

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
One of my school friends was murdered in a random attack. It was absolutely awful. Beaten to death 😢

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
My old neighbour killed his wife. Had planned it for years. He was gay and had planned to have a baby with her and take the baby to live with his boyfriend

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
just looked this one up. really brutal - she stabbed him 30 times and claimed self defence but jury didn’t believe her. She was sentenced to a minimum of 18 years. Not much for a life is it.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
just looked this one up. really brutal - she stabbed him 30 times and claimed self defence but jury didn’t believe her. She was sentenced to a minimum of 18 years. Not much for a life is it.
Yes, just awful. It was him and his best friend we met on holiday they were like brothers he is completely broken. He was a proper manc and rough around the edges but a sweetheart. A more unusual story of the female being the perpetrator. Perhaps if others had taken seriously his allegations of her abuse before someone might have been able to intervene. Very sad

Reactions: 10
I hope threads like this help true crime obsessives see the reality of these crimes and the people that are affected by them. Just reading about babies being murdered makes me feel so sad.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
A dinner lady at the school I used to go to was stabbed to death by her husband in front of her son.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
When I was at school a teacher mentioned to us about a local strange missing case years before of 14 yr old Daniel Nolan. He went fishing with friends, they left him to continue fishing. He was last spotted around the high street by another mate of his and then went back to the pontoon alone to get his fishing gear to never be seen again. My teacher said that there was no obvious signs of him falling in as it was New Year so would be freezing cold and there would be slip marks or frozen over splash marks but there was nothing. His foot was found over a year and a half later in water about 40 miles away and bizarrely his head torch in a field about 2 miles away from the area Dan was fishing. The only obvious conclusion is he must've slipped and gotten in the water somehow but the case was strange and he was known as being a good swimmer and wanting to get in to the Navy. I had a Google and one report said him and his friends went off to a pub after fishing and he went back alone to get his gear and the others say his friends left him and somehow he was spotted in the town near to the marina by another friend who witnessed him go back to get his fishing gear. So if he had a few drinks in him it would of course be quite easy to fall in even if he was a very good swimmer.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
When I was at school a teacher mentioned to us about a local strange missing case years before of 14 yr old Daniel Nolan. He went fishing with friends, they left him to continue fishing. He was last spotted around the high street by another mate of his and then went back to the pontoon alone to get his fishing gear to never be seen again. My teacher said that there was no obvious signs of him falling in as it was New Year so would be freezing cold and there would be slip marks or frozen over splash marks but there was nothing. His foot was found over a year and a half later in water about 40 miles away and bizarrely his head torch in a field about 2 miles away from the area Dan was fishing. The only obvious conclusion is he must've slipped and gotten in the water somehow but the case was strange and he was known as being a good swimmer and wanting to get in to the Navy. I had a Google and one report said him and his friends went off to a pub after fishing and he went back alone to get his gear and the others say his friends left him and somehow he was spotted in the town near to the marina by another friend who witnessed him go back to get his fishing gear. So if he had a few drinks in him it would of course be quite easy to fall in even if he was a very good swimmer.
His story has been turned into a play, I did it for GCSE drama, in the play there was a real emphasis on the watcher of the lake. Such a sad story

• Wow
Reactions: 4
My Granny's cousin (my 3rd cousin?) worked in the World Trade Centre when it was attacked on 9/11 and was killed.

My husband knows the family of a 20 year old lad who was stabbed at a house party in Cork at the start of the year.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I knew a couple of convicted murderers through work who killed whilst mentally unwell. They are such nice guys, hard to believe they did what they did!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I hope threads like this help true crime obsessives see the reality of these crimes and the people that are affected by them. Just reading about babies being murdered makes me feel so sad.
What makes you think they don't already see the reality and impact?

Reactions: 36
What makes you think they don't already see the reality and impact?
Exactly. Just because I'm interested in real life crime doesn't mean I'm bleeping heartless.

When I follow a trial (probably around 250 a year - 2020 excluded) I never forgot a victim. I may forget a name occasionally but never a face or the details.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
I live in Brisbane Australia. The primary school I went to had a disco one night and other schools were invited to come. Anyway One of the girls decided to leave the party and go for a walk. She was attacked By a man who was out on bail (he NEVER ever should have been let out of prison- he is truly sick in the head) he raped her several times and did horrific things to her 😣 her family never recovered, her parents divorced her mother turned into a raging alcoholic. I still see her dad sometimes, he has a boat and he named it after her. Just so horrible

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
I knew a couple of convicted murderers through work who killed whilst mentally unwell. They are such nice guys, hard to believe they did what they did!
Same! One of the nicest people I’ve ever met (through work) held a lot of people hostage at knife point for days whilst incredibly unwell!

Reactions: 5