have you ever had a drink spiked?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It happened to a lady I used to work with. I'm a bit hazy on the details, as it was twenty odd years ago and I'd already left the place then - it was a friend who still worked there who told me.

She was a married lady, probably I'd say in her early 40's (everyone seemed old to me back then) attractive, really outgoing and bubbly. She and a few friends had been involved in the filming of a TV show and were back at the hotel laid on by the TV company. Pretty sure it was in London and not too shabby. They'd all had a really great day and ended up drinking with a bunch of guys. I think her friends all drifted off, at different stages, to bed but my ex-colleague carried on drinking with them. I believe her next memory is waking up naked in a hotel corridor.

Rape kit and DNA tests confirmed she'd been gang raped by several men. I don't believe anyone was ever prosecuted. She's now remarried and lives in another country.

I don't think the thread starter was expecting this to happen - from her "amazing" experience to pretty much every single subsequent post being a horror story. Not sure what they were thinking to be honest - my first thought was rape when I saw the thread title.
It's so scary and awful that some men think they have a right to target women and do this. How awful for that lady to go through such a horrendous ordeal. Women have to be so careful about men they meet who could present themselves as decent but secretly have such dark intentions.

Reactions: 1
Haven’t read any replies yet. But my ex was a big 6ft 2 lad at18. I went out with my mates and he went out with his. Me and my bestie got back home. And at 3 am he was outside my window crying . He said he had one drink went outside feeling dizzy . And coudlnt remember anything since. This was late 90s. So e put him bed thinking he was just drunk, but day after his mates told us he did have one drink and disappeared. his mum called the dr day after because he still wasn’t well and dr said oh it’s alcohol poisoning. We kept saying he’d been spiked. Even called police and they said oh men don’t get spike it’s just young girls 🤬.Even now 25 years later if I ever speak to him and say anything he says he can’t remember but he pretty sure he was spiked,

I don't think I've ever been spiked.

An ex thought he had been one night but he was a very heavy drinker so I wasn't sure if he had or if the alcohol had hit him a bit funny

Can't say I have ever been spiked. My mum always taught me to watch my drink like a hawk and I do, and ladies let me tell you I've run into several men who have noticed and some who have even joked about not being able to r*pe me to my face since I watch my drink so closely. I've done this forever and even more after some guy at a college party my sister took me too loudly said he was planning to r*pe me(not to mention graphic vulgar monstrous language) (I was so innocent and didn't understand completely) thank god my sister happened to walk by and hear him and save me, I was 16. Years later a former friend who drank way too much didn't take me seriously when I told her to get her alcohol intake under control. She eventually passed out drunk in this assholes bed who had been leading her on and he did exactly what you think he did. (no clue if he spiked her but wouldn't surprise me). I've been told I hate men and that I'm mean to them, when I don't but there are a lot of bad ones out there and you don't know which ones are bad.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
Can't say I have ever been spiked. My mum always taught me to watch my drink like a hawk and I do, and ladies let me tell you I've run into several men who have noticed and some who have even joked about not being able to r*pe me to my face since I watch my drink so closely. I've done this forever and even more after some guy at a college party my sister took me too loudly said he was planning to r*pe me (I was so innocent and didn't understand completely) thank god my sister happened to walk by and hear him and save me, I was 16. Years later a former friend who drank way too much didn't take me seriously when I told her to get her alcohol intake under control. She passed out drunk in this assholes bed who had been leading her on and he did exactly what you think he did. (no clue if he spiked her but wouldn't surprise me). I've been told I hate men, when I don't but there are a lot of bad ones out there and you don't know which ones are bad.
Agree, there are some right shits out there 😠

I’ve been spiked twice. The first time in Zante, with a guy from a group we’d met in the hotel, we both got spiked in a weird bar when we got separated from the group. the guy managed to ring my best friend who rounded up a group to come and find us, the only thing I remember from the next 24 hours was throwing up on his white trainers and being so applogetic.. Just so glad I wasn’t alone and friends looked after us.
The next time was as a fresher in a high end club, sadly that had a worse ending. I didn’t speak to the police which I regret.

A friends sister was needle spiked recently, that terrifies me as it’s a whole new level.

On holidays in Zante a few years ago. I was in such a state, my friend had to carry me back to the hotel. No memory of the night past a certain point which isn't like me. So glad my friend was there to keep me safe.
This was my exact experience in Zante too over 10 years ago.

I think twice. Once in a club localish to my house. I'd had 1 drink and suddenly remember nothing bar having lights flashed in my eyes. My friend said some guy tried to "help me" and she went mental and dragged me away to security.
Second time was a city a fair distance away, we were a biggish group and I left my drink (as did everyone else) on our tables when going out to smoke. Mine was on the outside. I remember leaving that bar then absolutely nothing. Fell and cracked head open and apparently tried hitting out at paramedics as freaked when they put me on a stretcher. Even my "best friend" was like yeah just drunk. We'd all had the same amount. I woke up in hospital on a drip and yeah they tested for absolutely nothing either as were informed I was drunk so. Had to go back the hospital the next day as I felt absolutely horrific.

My friend’s husband was spiked. He was found slumped next to an ATM machine by the police. He’d been beaten and robbed of his watch and wallet and money taken from his account. CCTV showed him at the machine and a woman and 2 men he has no memory of meeting ever.

• Wow
  • Sad
Some of these experiences are absolutely horrific 😓

My friend was spiked over 25 yrs ago, she got in a taxi to share with a friend's ex boyfriend after a night out clubbing. The next day she woke up in his bed, naked and had obviously been raped. She had absolutely no recollection of what had happened leading up to the morning, only getting in the taxi. It was never reported as she didn't want her friend thinking she had gone back with this guy voluntarily.

My daughter went out with her friends just before lockdown, they will have been 18ish. I heard her come in at about 2am and she came in to me to ask if I could check on her friend. Well I've never experienced anything like it in my life (and I've been in some right tackings over the years). This friend was slumped against the front door her eyes rolling in her head, wet herself, could not string a sentence together, her legs would not work. I had to get my husband up to come and help me.

I've just written out a paragraph and deleted it, I can't bear to publish the details of actually what she was like and the next hour, it's terrible.

In the meantime we were trying to contact her parents to come and get her which was a right job trying to get her phone unlocked. My daughter swears to me that they had the same amount to drink but she left her dancing with a group briefly while she went outside. We think she was spiked during this time.

Her dad came for her and he and my husband had to carry her and put her in the car, he stayed up with her all night. If it had been my daughter I would have called an ambulance but it wasn't my call.

I watched the cctv back and the taxi driver got out and helped my daughter to get her in the house 🙌 she literally fell out of the taxi. I dread to think what would/could of have happened if my daughter hadn't gone back for her. She didn't feel right for days after, she did come round to thank us for looking after her and apologise (no need).

Another occasion someone tried spiking my daughter at an all night rave. The venue served bottles at 3 for £10 but they uncap them all at the point of sale. Big mistake. My daughter had one in her hand and 2 in the other with her arm fully extended. A guy had been hanging round them flitting about, going behind them, in front, just acting strange. My daughter's friend said to her he's just gone really close to your drinks, when she lifted the bottle up there was a tablet in the bottom fizzing away! I'll see if I can find the pic. I sent an email to the venue complaining about the uncapping of bottles but got no reply unsurprisingly.

• Sad
Reactions: 3