have you ever had a drink spiked?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wasn't deliberately spiked (I don't think) but I did pick up someone else's identical looking drink instead of my own and half an hour later realised they had put MDMA in it. Willow, your experience sounds a lot like MDMA, with the gurning, teeth chattering, floppy euphoric feeling.

Reactions: 2
Me and my family were on a holiday to Calan forcat I think it’s called in Spain, I was only about 10 and was with my brother who was 18 ish and my cousin and auntie. It wasn’t a massive party area but has your usual pubs and clubs, one evening we went to the square I was obsessed milkshakes at the time as you do when you’re a kid 😂 I was sat in the corner and my mum and auntie were up dancing, all of a sudden this huge family walked in the bar, I remember them looking really rough they were from Wolverhampton I believe. We all got chatting as they had kids with them too, next minute the son who was about 20 ish knocked our table over which was full of drinks. He bought a whole new round and we never thought much of it, within about 15 mins my mum and auntie were absolutely legless, they didn’t know where they were and at the time it was funny as we just thought they’d had a bit too much, I remember me and my brother and cousin trying to get us back to the hotel shortly after, they were holding the mums physically up as they couldn’t stand and I was guiding the way. To this day we laugh about it, however looking back it’s clear they were spiked, it’s probably the most drunk I’ve ever seen them.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I got spiked in a nightclub a few years ago. Got chatting to a guy at the bar, had a drink in my hand. I must have turned my head and he put something in my drink. I went from sober to out of it in minutes. I ended up passed out in the toilets, and getting chucked out by the bouncers for being drunk. Managed to call my Mum to come and get me, apparently in the car on the way home I just kept repeating "I'm safe now, I'm safe now." So I don't know if something happened between me getting chucked out and getting picked up 😞 My memories of that night are almost non-existent, and I was ill for days afterwards, sick and with awful stomach pain. Horrendous. I watch my drinks like a hawk now. Never, ever again.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Yes, in my early twenties. I don't think I was the intended target. I had met up with my friends in a Weatherpoons bar and I remember leaving my drink on this circular side table, there were another group of people sharing the table on the other side, mostly girls. We then moved to another bar and I remember feeling unwell and said I had to leave. I woke up in a pile of building sand several streets away from where the bars were a couple of hours later. I was unharmed and nobody has nicked my wallet or phone when I was out. I walked to a taxi rank but my eyes were glazed and it was hard to hear properly, everything was like an echo. Got a cab back home and slept it off. In some ways I was glad I got the spiked drink rather than whoever was the intended target.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Yes I think so, at uni. Id only had a few drinks, was definitely not drunk as we headed out quite early that night (i.e. not very much "pre drinking"). I got one drink when we got there and then didnt remember the rest of the night. My boyfriend took me home thankfully, said I was acting very bizarrely, making weird movements with my mouth but he was confused because I'd seemed alright not long before.

So sorry to hear all the awful experiences here.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Not me, but a young work colleague woke up in a stranger's bed after a night partying. She managed to escape to the bathroom and climb out the window, where she fell onto a busy street and broke several bones. The guy had picked her up at a pub, drugged and raped her and beaten her quite badly. The adrenaline and her survival instinct obviously came into play that night. Poor lady was traumatised for ages after that, especially as the guy seemed like the perfect gentleman and her friends gave him their seal of approval.

I got spiked in a nightclub a few years ago. Got chatting to a guy at the bar, had a drink in my hand. I must have turned my head and he put something in my drink. I went from sober to out of it in minutes. I ended up passed out in the toilets, and getting chucked out by the bouncers for being drunk. Managed to call my Mum to come and get me, apparently in the car on the way home I just kept repeating "I'm safe now, I'm safe now." So I don't know if something happened between me getting chucked out and getting picked up 😞 My memories of that night are almost non-existent, and I was ill for days afterwards, sick and with awful stomach pain. Horrendous. I watch my drinks like a hawk now. Never, ever again.
God bless your mother! So thankful you're okay ... oh my goodness; you must have been so frightened.

• Sad
  • Wow
It happened to me about 5 years ago on my 21st. I don't think it was intended for me but I was in a club and when you walked in they had shots lined up and you could buy them there so I presume it was in those?

Apparently i started being really odd and asking people how many hands they had and if i had any hands left. I can just remember seeing multi coloured lights.
My friends decided I was being too weird and they took me outside where i collapsed on the pavement.. right in front of some police who were randomly there.

I remember being in an ambulance and a&e.
The doctor was so nice but when she was checking on me, when she asked me to squeeze her hands I physically couldn't.
The couldn't be sure but they thought I'd been spiked with ketamine?!

Anyway, I had a scan which I can't really remember and I was all fine.
Being on a drip really solves that hangover 👌

but I feel I got off lightly but it's really scary how easily it can happen.

Yep, no idea how it happened but I had a night out a few years ago where I lost about 8 hours of time. Thankfully I was home safe and didn't feel as though anything had happened to me in terms of assault but I cannot remember anything. I was in a bar then I woke up and it was around 8 hours later. Don't know how I got home, all my stuff was outside my front door as I'd clearly emptied my bag to get my keys to get into my house (thankfully nothing had been taken from my front door). I'd been sick in the bath. I was unwell for a couple of days afterwards, it was a horrible experience and the not knowing what happened was really scary.

It really frightened me and I know I was so lucky to have been okay. It's made me much more careful about drinking when I'm out now.

I think so - I was at a very busy rock/metal club and the bar was rammed. I'm quite a lightweight when it comes to drinks but I remember feeling so drunk. I remember the drink tasting bitter as well? The next day I felt so poorly, the room was spinning, being sick. Luckily I was with people. I'm always one of those people who put their hand over their glass when stood at the bar if it's busy, but it must have happened in a split second.

• Sad
I don’t know for sure but suspect I was when I was around 21. I was in revolution (around 15+ years ago) and ordered one of my first drinks of the night. Probably something like vodka, lime, lemonade and I instantly noted it tasted dodgy, not right at all. Went straight back the bar man, who swapped the drink for a fresh one and in my naive stupidity said oh don’t throw it away I’ll have that one as well 😫 Then the night quickly got very messy, legs like jelly, totally disoriented, my mum had to drive and get me at 2am and a lot of sick. And a very emotional hangover, really horrible that lasted for days. I got drunk many, many times during those uni years, but this was really different. I had hot pants on that night...I was probably a pretty easy target. Luckily nothing worse happened. I’ll never know if I was spiked.

On holidays in Zante a few years ago. I was in such a state, my friend had to carry me back to the hotel. No memory of the night past a certain point which isn't like me. So glad my friend was there to keep me safe.

Yes, at a Drake concert. I was with my friend and we decided to buy a few drinks all at once so we didn’t have to go to the bar during the concert. We were with 3 male friends but, they’d gone to another bar for different drinks. We put them down on the side whilst we sorter ourselves out, some guys came over and started chatting us up. Whilst talking we couldn’t see our drinks but, didn’t think anything of it. Our friends came over and the guys were pissed off and said they didn’t realise we were with anyone.

We went to the concert and had amazing seats so had to walk all the way to the bottom. I’m usually really cautious but, felt like I was running. I was in such a high during the concert, it felt amazing. But, when I had to walk back up I was falling all over the show. The majority of people at the concert were men and I lost my friends in the crowd. When I went outside and felt the fresh air I just fell to the ground and one of the guys we were talking to earlier came over and helped me up. I genuinely thought I was just pissed and he was being nice. He then started walking me up an alley. Luckily, one of my friends came along and scared him off. After that I couldn’t stop falling over and didn’t feel present at all. We went back to a friends house and I just had a breakdown and started taking my clothes off as I was too hot. My friend took me home and my mum had to watch me all night. The next day I was covered in bruises and felt awful. I’ve never felt that bad since. I’m so lucky my friends were there!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
This thread is horrendous, some men are such predators it’s unreal! I remember a group of girls making fun of me when I first started going clubbing and refused to accept a drink from a guy (friend of a friend I vaguely knew from school) - I’m sure it was perfectly innocent but you can’t be too careful! My drink goes everywhere with me, and if I put it down out of sight I leave it and get a new one. It’s not worth it.

Reactions: 6
I went out drinking for my childhood best friends birthday, I can handle my drink but don’t remember even trying to get home or what happened after we left the first bar but my mum found me crying at 3am on the doorstep saying at least I’m safe now with a smashed up face, no bank cards or keys. The bar we started at then got raided a week later as one of the bar tenders was caught putting date rape drugs into girls drinks

• Angry
  • Wow
Yes, when I was 16 I went out with a couple of girls from college and their mates. I didn't really know them, looking back now I wouldnt go on a night out with people I dont really know. I'd only known them for a few months. Anyway, me and one girl got ready together and then went in to town. We didn't even drink much when we were getting ready. Not long after we had been in the first club, I started feeling awful. My eyes were rolling to the back of my head, I was lying down on the couch in one of the clubs and could barely speak. One of the girls just dumped me in the back of a taxi and went back to the club. I could barely speak. I then realised I had no money in my purse when the taxi dropped me off and let's just say what happened with the taxi driver when I had no money wasn't a Good experience. I remember getting out after that but not remembering what happened between like 2 and 6am. I've not been keen on drinking and nights out since

God bless your mother! So thankful you're okay ... oh my goodness; you must have been so frightened.
The terrible thing is, I can't remember 😞 But I must have been to keep talking about being safe once I was in the car. I'm just so thankful for my Mum, she came straight away. And she knew this wasn't just alcohol, this was something else entirely. I was disappointed in my friends, they said afterwards "oh yeah you seemed to go from sober to hammered really quickly, but we thought you'd just taken something." If they knew me at all, they knew I had never, and would never, do that. But lessons have been learnt, I will never let someone have the opportunity again.

I don't know if this is still the case now, but when I had mine spiked about 15 years ago (i am so old lol) , I went from sober to off my face in a way I had never been in minutes, but my friends were all sceptikal and just joked about me being a lightweight, and the people working in the bar were similar. I remember we asked for a kit that you can use to test if you have something else in our system and were refused

It happened to a lady I used to work with. I'm a bit hazy on the details, as it was twenty odd years ago and I'd already left the place then - it was a friend who still worked there who told me.

She was a married lady, probably I'd say in her early 40's (everyone seemed old to me back then) attractive, really outgoing and bubbly. She and a few friends had been involved in the filming of a TV show and were back at the hotel laid on by the TV company. Pretty sure it was in London and not too shabby. They'd all had a really great day and ended up drinking with a bunch of guys. I think her friends all drifted off, at different stages, to bed but my ex-colleague carried on drinking with them. I believe her next memory is waking up naked in a hotel corridor.

Rape kit and DNA tests confirmed she'd been gang raped by several men. I don't believe anyone was ever prosecuted. She's now remarried and lives in another country.

I don't think the thread starter was expecting this to happen - from her "amazing" experience to pretty much every single subsequent post being a horror story. Not sure what they were thinking to be honest - my first thought was rape when I saw the thread title.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Happened to me about 6 years ago I was in Coventry for the weekend with my ex. I was playing one of the quiz machines in the pub and these 2 blokes where watching me play to them I must have looked like I was on my own as the ex was at the bar ordering more drinks anyway I didnt think anything else of it and carried on playing inbetween taking sips of my drink I finished my game and went and sat down. I finished my 1st drink and started to drink my second one as I was finishing my drink we decided to move to the next pub as I went to get up I went back down like a sack of potatoes this wasnt like me i got my knack for drinking from my mum i knew instantly that someone had put something in my drink 🤬

It took him an hour to get me back to the hotel the walk back to the hotel normal takes 10 mins. As I couldnt walk properly
All I can say is even tho his now my ex am so glad I was with him when it happened to me

What on Earth?! So these girls planned it? Did you go to the hospital to see what it was? That’s so horrific I hope they don’t work there anymore!

As for OP, definitely sounds like mdma or maybe mcat- bit of a weird choice to spike someone with but at least you didn’t come to any harm!

Stay safe everyone
Yes I believe those girls planned it for a laugh, as they thought I was a goody two shoes and they thought it would be funny......NOT
My husband twigged the next day, and we went to hospital, but the test came back inconclusive due to the time lapse getting tested.
Frightened me to death, and I have never put a drink down anywhere since - I thought I was dying!!!!!