have you ever had a drink spiked?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve never made a thread before but wanted to hear people’s opinions and experiences. Last summer I was abroad in Spain and went clubbing with two of my girlfriends. Long story short yes we were drinking alcohol but nothing unusual and I’m always normally quite careful about what I drink and how much although I have overdone it before and puked and passed out. So I know what being ‘too drunk’ is like. Anyway this night was weird because I did drink but not loads I was only tipsy. We left the last bar we went to and some kind of euphoria hit me. I was running all over the place, my teeth were chattering but I wasn’t cold, I had slurred speech and couldn’t control my movements or my body. I’ve been drunk before but never like this. In some of my friends videos I look like I am gurning, my jaw swinging. I would think I had been spiked if:
1- I was sick after but I wasn’t
2 - this ‘high’ only lasted an hour or so
3 - I didn’t have any negative side effects

just felt amazing!! So any insight is appreciated, on lockdown so have had lots of time to think about these things haha

I've had my drink spiked. I had only drank a couple of drinks before hand. Had a drink, couldn't stand, couldnt speak, had to be carried out the pub by my friends and was really ill the next day. It scared me how quickly I was affected, and vey greatful I had my friend there

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Trigger warning- date rape

I was possibly date raped over 10 years ago in uni. I met an guy who I had snogged in a different city on a night out a few years before meeting randomly in a bar. We hadn't been out long and bumped into him. He offered me a drink and I accepted and he came back. After that I can't remember anything at all, I woke up in my bed a home alone but sore 'down there' and part of my nipple was bitten off. I don't know if it was him or not. I can't be sure to this day. I was so embarrassed about being so 'stupid' I didn't do anything about it and just got on with things. Thankfully I had no memory of anything so it's not upset me at all, but now I'm older and grown up I do regret not doing anything about it as I think he could do it to anyone. I actually don't know anything about it apart from his first name. It was slutty uni years so I kissed a lot of random boys and didn't know anything about them. Although it hasn't upset me I did blame myself for she's for it happening but now I know he's just a piece of tit

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Yeah. It was awful. Went out with a friend and bumped into two guys she knew, one of them gave me a drink and within an hour I couldn't move, couldn't speak, was sick everywhere. I felt like I couldn't see. My friend put me in a taxi and I lay in the backseat unable to move and my neighbour carried me into my house. Woke up on my hall floor the next morning.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I've had my drink spiked. I had only drank a couple of drinks before hand. Had a drink, couldn't stand, couldnt speak, had to be carried out the pub by my friends and was really ill the next day. It scared me how quickly I was affected, and vey greatful I had my friend there
This happened to me when I was about 19. Out at a club with boyfriend like every other weekend, stupidly left my drink down for a few minutes to go dance. Never saw who did it. I’d literally had like two alcopop type drinks and had a decent tolerance back then, so it was out of the ordinary for me to feel the way I did. Plus it was early in the night. My ex had to carry me to the taxi and took me straight home. Felt horrendous the next day. I’m so glad he was there, I literally couldn’t put one foot in front of the other.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Has happened to me at uni. I was completely gone and I only had had one drink. Ended up waking up next to some weird guy the next morning in my room. The scariest part is I literally cannot tell you what happened between that drink and getting home- I had completely blacked out. Its the not knowing that’s the worst 🙁

• Sad
Reactions: 8
That sounds like mdma which you could have been spiked with.

I was spiked on a Tinder date in 2015.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Yes I have, it was one of the worst things that ever happened to me. I went to an after works drinks in a local bar with a large group of girls. After two drinks I declined any more alcohol and got a coke. Some of the other girls sniggered and made comments like lightweight and softie which I ignored. I went to the loo and when I came back I finished my coke. Don’t remember a thing after that until I found myself on the floor of a toilet cubicle passed out,and a bouncer trying to force the door open to get to me.
They put me in a taxi where I was horrendously sick everywhere ( poor taxi driver ) My hubby came out paid the driver,and carried me inside where I passed out again. The look on his face was “you’re wasted”,,,,,
He started to worry when I continued to vomit all through the night and groaned in pain.....something wasn’t right.
Took me 2 days to start to feel normal again, but the worst thing was when I returned to work a couple of the girls wouldn’t look me in the eye......
Not funny........

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 24
Yes I have, it was one of the worst things that ever happened to me. I went to an after works drinks in a local bar with a large group of girls. After two drinks I declined any more alcohol and got a coke. Some of the other girls sniggered and made comments like lightweight and softie which I ignored. I went to the loo and when I came back I finished my coke. Don’t remember a thing after that until I found myself on the floor of a toilet cubicle passed out,and a bouncer trying to force the door open to get to me.
They put me in a taxi where I was horrendously sick everywhere ( poor taxi driver ) My hubby came out paid the driver,and carried me inside where I passed out again. The look on his face was “you’re wasted”,,,,,
He started to worry when I continued to vomit all through the night and groaned in pain.....something wasn’t right.
Took me 2 days to start to feel normal again, but the worst thing was when I returned to work a couple of the girls wouldn’t look me in the eye......
Not funny........
What on Earth?! So these girls planned it? Did you go to the hospital to see what it was? That’s so horrific I hope they don’t work there anymore!

As for OP, definitely sounds like mdma or maybe mcat- bit of a weird choice to spike someone with but at least you didn’t come to any harm!

Stay safe everyone

Reactions: 7
I found out not long after we broke up that my Ex-husband had put stuff in my drinks, ‘a couple of times’. I don’t know what he gave me or when he gave it me and I don’t know exactly how often.

I’ve tried not to think about it.

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
I have in a bar in Turkey. I’d had one cocktail that was made up at the bar and brought to our table, and within 10 mins of drinking I apparently went wild. Chatting rubbish, couldn’t stand up, crying on and off and really erratic. Luckily I was with my mum and some friends so they got me back to the hotel and to bed. I was sick in my sleep a few times and woke up the following morning with no recollection of what had happened.
I was mortified, but they all knew I’d only had the one drink so there’s no way it was down to alcohol alone.
Horrible experience and I was just very lucky to have been with trustworthy people who could look after me.

I found out not long after we broke up that my Ex-husband had put stuff in my drinks, ‘a couple of times’. I don’t know what he gave me or when he gave it me and I don’t know exactly how often.

I’ve tried not to think about it.
That’s horrible I’m so sorry!!

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I was in a party with my then boyfriend. Hadn't had much to drink but was acting all over excited. I remember walking back home with my friends and then nothing. They had to carry me home as my legs wouldn't work, I had been sick everywhere (both ends). The next morning I couldn't move until later in the day. It took me 2-3 days to feel back to normal. I didn't drink at all for few years afterwards.

• Sad
It was nearly 2 years ago and I don’t know for sure but I’m pretty certain someone tried to spike me. A friend of mine was having a leaving party as she was going abroad for 6 months so it was the typical pre-drinks at whetherspoons and then out to a club. Me and my boyfriend turned up and we didn’t know anyone as it was all her other friends who she knew from work, one of my boyfriends mates turned up so they spent the time in the pub chatting. I wanted to make friends with the girls so I didn’t seem rude so ended up moving from one end of the table where my boyfriend and his friend were down to the opposite end to where the 4 girls were and 3 lads. Everyone decided they were ready to go to the club but as my boyfriends friend hadn’t been there long him and my boyfriend decided to stay and have a few more drinks and then come meet us at the club. So I went with everyone on the train and to the club, when we got there 2 of the lads (one who was shagging the girl who’s leaving party it was let’s call him Ed and the other was his friend let’s call him Joe) so when we got there Ed and Joe wanted to go up to the VIP area, everyone else agreed and not wanting to be left alone I reluctantly went up with them. We got a booth and we were all sitting round dancing and drinking. I noticed Joe kept staring at me, and he just gave me an uneasy feeling. We were all 19/20 but he seemed a lot older than us, I have no idea how old he was but looking back I’d probably say he was maybe 26/27. Anyway, Ed went to the bar and ordered one of those huge bottles of grey goose that comes out with sparklers as he was really trying to impress my friend, so when it came to the table everyone grabbed a glass and had a drink. I was already feeling quite drunk so I didn’t really want a drink. Anyway Joe was sitting opposite me and I kept noticing him trying to get my attention so I looked up and he asked me where my drink was, I told him I didn’t have one and he asked what I wanted, I told him I was okay and I would get one later. He kept insisting I had a drink so to be polite I agreed. He got a glass out of the bucket that the vodka came in and he picked up some ice from the bucket and put it into the glass (I thought this was a bit strange to just pick it up with his hands but ignored it) and he kept staring at me whilst he was pouring the vodka in so immediately I sensed something wasn’t right, he put some red bull in and kinda swilled the glass around and then gave it to me and he was watching me to make sure I took a drink. So I pretended to take a sip and he was shouting for me to down the drink, I took a mouthful and in my mouth I felt all I can describe it as was little rocks..like the size and texture of salt so I panicked and stupidly swallowed the drink (I had only taken like half a mouth full) and then spat the “rocks” into my hand and it looked like white powder but again the size of salt, there was just a lot of it. Joe hadn’t noticed me do this as he was talking to another guy who i can’t remember his name. I just felt really uneasy and when I looked in my drink it looked like there was powder in there but as I was drink I didn’t think to take it to the bar, I just panicked and put the drink back on the table and got up and grabbed one of the girls to go dance. I just didn’t want to be near him. I remember ringing my boyfriend and asking how long it was going to be before he came and I ended up going downstairs to the main floor with some of the girls and just dancing while I waited for my boyfriend. I don’t know whether he 100% did spike my drink, however I’m so glad I didn’t drink it. It’s so horrible to think of the vile disgusting people in the world who intentionally go out to harm and take advantage of people. Stay safe everyone 💗

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Yes about 15 years ago in my early twenties, was still living with my parents and I went out with friends in the next town but drove because I didn't want to drink that night or stay out too late. My male neighbour I barely knew came and sat with us. The next things i remember are flashbacks, first coming round in a taxi, then him on top of me at the roadside, then coming round again to a cold wet feeling where he had pushed me in a ditch, then walking to my house trying to get him away from me and then my mum yelling at him out of the window. She knew what had happened and witnessed me crying saying 'leave me alone'. But i refused to go to hospital/ the police which I have never regretted.

You know what the worst thing was? My dad found it a total embarrassment and thanked the guy for bringing me home (he made out to my dad that he'd found me and rescued me and that my mum was being dramatic). The next day my dad then made me walk along the ditch looking for my house keys that i lost during the attack.

My parents were bleeping ridiculous. I couldn't go to work for three days after as my head was so bad and I told.my boss in confidence what had happened. She told my line manager who on my return to work questioned me about the whole thing, making me re-live the whole story asking why I hadn't gone to the police etc.

The whole ordeal taught me that you can never trust anyone and I've never trusted anyone since.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
I have been over 10 years ago, I was out clubbing, I’d had maybe 2 pimms at a birthday party and one drink in a bar. I couldn’t talk or walk and my drunk friend knows I like a drink or 10 so thought I was my usually over done it self. Put me in a taxi and got on with her night. She gave him my address but he couldn’t find my house. So I essentially crawled home from a nearby location. Fell through the door I then told my mother I wasn’t a crack addict 🤷‍♀️. But yeah she took me to A&e and I literally couldn’t stand etc. And I had been spiked. It’s scary as all I remember is being in the bar. Then nothing at all. Obviously I’m lucky my night ended the way it did..

• Wow
Yeah I was a few years ago, a guy at a bar knocked over my drink and bought me a new one, left there with my boyfriend and his friends, fell over outside and barely remember anything after that. According to my boyfriend I was sick about 15 times, couldn’t talk, couldn’t walk, couldn’t hold my own head up, got back to his house and the next thing I remember is waking up lying flat on the floor as my boyfriend (we were uni students home for the summer) had gone to get his mum who is a nurse. So glad I was with him and had friends around me as I was basically incapacitated.

• Sad
I did when I was about 18 in a pub with a girlfriend no idea how, I had one drink and sudddelny felt Ill so ran to the toilets ( I had never been sick from alcohol) I thought I was there about 10 min but apparently passed out for a couple of hours while my friend tried to reorganise the taxi we had ordered to pick us up... luckily I was locked in a cubicle the whole time... so scary I am very cautious with my drinks now

• Wow
Trigger warning - rape (?)

Pretty sure it happened to me once in 2015. I have a complete blackout for 1-2 hours. Last thing I can remember being in a club with a friend, next thing I can remember is waking up naked in his bed with him on top of me. Never had a blackout before, not even when I was so drunk I had to vomit. But I have no idea how we got out of the club, got to his place (takes about an hour by public transport), how I got undressed. Pretty sure I was not in a state to consent (he said I did when I asked him some time later) but I do remember that he didn't stop when I was trying to stop him once I woke up... I'm okay now . I was quite upset for a while, mainly because I firstly blamed myself, also because I didn't know what had happened exactly. I was also upset about the fact a "friend" did it (saw him one more time but then never talked to him again). But it's okay now. But usally when I'm kissing someone for the first time now, I kind of test them to see how they react when I push them away or something. Just gives me some safety to see if they respect it.. If they are pushy, I leave.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I went to my boyfriends friends private party ten years ago, his friend spiked me. Ended up in hospital unconscious, the doctors thought id drank too much. Refused to listen to my boyfriend who was telling them I had only had one drink and threatened him with the police if he didnt shut up. they sent me with him in a taxi still unconscious instead of checking me.

He could have been anyone, and they sent me off in a cab with him!

I didnt wake up for another 48 hours , on my sofa with my mother and sister keeping a close eye on me. went sober for 5 years after that.

Was so scary and still cant recall any of it.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
It happened to me too a week ago last Saturday. I had gone out with my partner to meet with some work colleagues. Had 2 drinks at thege first pub, before moving to the next one where we to have dinner and a few more drinks. While at the first pub, I had seen and said hello to a guy that had previously worked with us. Chatted briefly and turned out he too was going to the second bar we were heading to. We got to the second bar and I invited him over to. Join us to our table and chatted about some more. A friend of ours had brought a bottle of white wine which we were sharing and I had some in my glass. I remember excusing myself to use my toilets 2 times leaving my drink at the table. Next thing I remember is waking up home and asking my partner how I got home. He said we had to leave after I was snogging the guy I had been talking to. Also, that I had thrown alot in the car and the toilet when we got home. I have no recollection of all this. Also, one of the girls who was with us, said that at point I had gone to the bathroom and took quite a while, which too I don't remember. Long story short my friends separated from the guy I was snogging before things got any worse. I have been trying to recollect what happens but my mind is blank. No memory at ALL!! I work with a terrible h we ache, cramps, photosensitivity the week that followed. Also, nauseated for a couple of day.

I may never know what happened to me.
Anyone experienced anything like this?

• Sad