Harry Styles

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree, I think we get "Harry Styles" the brand, we won't ever get a view of the real Harry Styles. Everything is a carefully choreographed veneer.

I'm a massive 1D fan and loved them and him particularly from the start but as time has gone on I find that I've become more indifferent towards him as he doesn't engage (although will never not think he's one of the most beautiful men I've ever seen 🤣).
I love watching his solo show videos on youtube because he's so charismatic with the crowd and was genuinely born to be on stage. Gonna be gutted if my rescheduled fine line tour date in march gets cancelled:(:(. Because his fanbase is so huge, I'm assuming he doesn't like the toxic aspect of social media and thats why he's quite distant these days. He always seems to be lovely to fans in public and heard loads of stories of him being so polite to starbucks employees etc (I know thats bare minimum behaviour but he could be an arrogant prick if he wanted to be). God he should pay me to talk so highly of him😂😂

Reactions: 4
I adore Harry's songs and I have no doubt that as a person he's lovely (used to love 1D) what puts me off him though is as mentioned, there's a veneer between him and his fans, all interaction is carefully curated and it feels like he doesn't give much of a tit about his fans in that sense; initially I thought it made him seem a bit, up himself? I don't know, I feel like if I met him now and said I was a 1D fan back in the day he'd turn his nose up. And yes it feels like we see Harry Styles the brand and it puts me off a bit. I can understand and respect him for staying away from social media though.

(Sorry for saying that on the rave thread!)

I love his music but I can only listen to certain songs because some of them make me cry. Sunflower vol 6 is beautiful, it resonates with me so much.

I miss stanning him, it was so much fun. I watch clips of his concerts and interviews on youtube and all the love floods back. I also think he has one of the best stage presences going; I've never seen him solo but his concerts seem so much fun. (In comparison to Niall who I used to love, omg, zzzz)

Reactions: 3
I adore Harry's songs and I have no doubt that as a person he's lovely (used to love 1D) what puts me off him though is as mentioned, there's a veneer between him and his fans, all interaction is carefully curated and it feels like he doesn't give much of a tit about his fans in that sense; initially I thought it made him seem a bit, up himself? I don't know, I feel like if I met him now and said I was a 1D fan back in the day he'd turn his nose up. And yes it feels like we see Harry Styles the brand and it puts me off a bit. I can understand and respect him for staying away from social media though.

I love his music but I can only listen to certain songs because some of them make me cry. Sunflower vol 6 is beautiful, it resonates with me so much.

I miss stanning him, it was so much fun. I watch clips of his concerts and interviews on youtube and all the love floods back. I also think he has one of the best stage presences going; I've never seen him solo but his concerts seem so much fun. (In comparison to Niall who I used to love, omg, zzzz)
He is like the male Taylor Swift, lol.

I really like him! I wasn't much of a 1D fan but his solo venture has been my favourite out of all the boys.

My favs are: Cherry, Canyon Moon, Golden, Ever Since New York, Two Ghosts

Also loved his cover of The Chain. I think its cute how much Stevie hypes him up.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I adore Harry!!! He is so talented and I can see him going down as one of the greats Imo. He has a lovely voice and great stage presence and just seems down to earth and not really fazed by the fame thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I love watching his solo show videos on youtube because he's so charismatic with the crowd and was genuinely born to be on stage. Gonna be gutted if my rescheduled fine line tour date in march gets cancelled:(:(. Because his fanbase is so huge, I'm assuming he doesn't like the toxic aspect of social media and thats why he's quite distant these days. He always seems to be lovely to fans in public and heard loads of stories of him being so polite to starbucks employees etc (I know thats bare minimum behaviour but he could be an arrogant prick if he wanted to be). God he should pay me to talk so highly of him😂😂
He interacts so well with the audience, he was always the one having proper chats with people at 1D shows. I saw him on his first solo tour and it reminded why I love him as on stage he was amazing and I'm sure if I went to the upcoming one I'd be equally as enraptured but I feel a bit disconnected from him now so I didn't get tickets.

I loved Niall's solo tour 🤣 I got a last minute cheapy ticket and didn't really know how good it would be but I had such a good night. Niall just seems a whole lot less complicated than the others.

Reactions: 1
He interacts so well with the audience, he was always the one having proper chats with people at 1D shows. I saw him on his first solo tour and it reminded why I love him as on stage he was amazing and I'm sure if I went to the upcoming one I'd be equally as enraptured but I feel a bit disconnected from him now so I didn't get tickets.

I loved Niall's solo tour 🤣 I got a last minute cheapy ticket and didn't really know how good it would be but I had such a good night. Niall just seems a whole lot less complicated than the others.
Agree with feeling a bit disconnected from him, it makes me feel sad!

😆 I was a Niall girl through and through, I love him to bits he’s definitely the most chilled out of all of the lads however I found his concert really dull, he didn’t pep up the audience very much, maybe we were just a tit audience 😳 there were people just standing there, staring at their phones or just walking out ☹

Agree with feeling a bit disconnected from him, it makes me feel sad!

😆 I was a Niall girl through and through, I love him to bits he’s definitely the most chilled out of all of the lads however I found his concert really dull, he didn’t pep up the audience very much, maybe we were just a tit audience 😳 there were people just standing there, staring at their phones or just walking out ☹
Aww I don't listen to Nialls solo stuff much, though I do think nice to meet ya would've been a britpop classic in the 90s, but that makes me so sad that people walked out mid-show. At least get your moneys worth :(

I do think the boys going solo has been quite eye opening in a way. I don't know if they all thought they'd have 1D levels of success as solo artists but it does seem Harry was leaps and bounds ahead of the rest of them from near enough the beginning of the hiatus. I remember when Harry and Niall were touring around the same time during Spring 2018 and Harry was selling out arenas whereas Niall was playing smaller venues (nothing wrong with that ofc, I love intimate gigs). I still think Harry might be the only one to have a significant audience of non-directioners. The unbiased music critics I watch on youtube have so far found the other solo projects lacklustre but have praised both of Harrys albums highly (of course it will always be subjective and you can enjoy what you like).

Reactions: 2
Harry received 3 Grammy nominations💗:
Best Pop Vocal Album - Fine Line
Best Pop Solo Performance - Watermelon Sugar
Best Music Video - Adore You

• Heart
Reactions: 4
If he doesn’t win best album I’m gonna riot
He's up against Folklore and Future Nostalgia, two albums I absolutely adore so much so it'll be so bittersweet if he loses to one of them. I really hope Adore You wins best music video. I still wish Eroda was the theme of the album as a whole instead of just for the one song!!

I think he's brilliant. He does what he wants without a fuss and comes across as a genuinely nice bloke and down to earth. I wish more were like him in his laid back approach to identity.

Helps that he's actually talented and deserving of the attention, too.

• Heart
I think he's brilliant. He does what he wants without a fuss and comes across as a genuinely nice bloke and down to earth. I wish more were like him in his laid back approach to identity.

Helps that he's actually talented and deserving of the attention, too.
Hahaha I'd be gutted if his music was tit cos I love him as a person so much but I adore both albums

I quite like the professionalism on social media, is that weird to say? He’s more than happy to engage with fans in person but I respect that his SM is curated. It’s more like celebrities in the “olden” days where you didn’t know much about them and there’s a level of mystique. So many celebs end up in Twitter spats or controversy and end up embarrassing themselves: whenever I see Zayn and Louis I just think of them fighting with Naughty Boy and I had second hand embarrassment for them 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I’ve met Harry! In fact, I met all of 1D, Wagner and Jedward on the same day all by complete coincidence!
My friend and I were in London overnight and were staying in the Novotel in Greenwhich. If I remember rightly I think they were there for the Xfactor tour at the 02.
Not sure why Jedward were there but they had a huge group of girls there to see them and 1D had literally 2 or 3 girls waiting for them in the lobby 😂
I remember all the 1D boys being friendly enough, also very tired but more than happy to chat and take photos.
Jedward were absolutely charming. Also strangely very beautiful!
Wagner was v grumpy and not having any of it!🤣

@orlyb1310 I always noticed Harry in your profile pic!

I'm so glad I found this thread, I love Harry too and feel particularly proud of him as he's from my neck of the woods in the North West! Me and my mum love the Adore You video (the long version ofc). My fave songs are: Kiwi, Two Ghosts, Lights Up, Cherry.

Does anyone LOVE LOVE LOVE his version of Girl Crush??? I listen to it more than I care to admit.

• Heart
@orlyb1310 I always noticed Harry in your profile pic!

I'm so glad I found this thread, I love Harry too and feel particularly proud of him as he's from my neck of the woods in the North West! Me and my mum love the Adore You video (the long version ofc). My fave songs are: Kiwi, Two Ghosts, Lights Up, Cherry.

Does anyone LOVE LOVE LOVE his version of Girl Crush??? I listen to it more than I care to admit.

Could be completely making this up but I think I remember him on Granada Reports on the Monday after his xfactor audition and I felt so honoured that the cutie who sang the Stevie Wonder song my parents used to play for me was from my ends of the country!! I always used to wonder how many times we'd be in Manchester city centre at the same time when I was younger. It does make me laugh how I'm still besotted with him a decade later 😂 😂 . Also I love how on his personalised trousers at the vogue shoot, he had a Man United badge painted on the back of one of the legs. He last tweeted about them in like 2013 so it was nice to find out that he's still a man of taste (even if we're not doing brilliant at the moment haha)

I quite like the professionalism on social media, is that weird to say? He’s more than happy to engage with fans in person but I respect that his SM is curated. It’s more like celebrities in the “olden” days where you didn’t know much about them and there’s a level of mystique. So many celebs end up in Twitter spats or controversy and end up embarrassing themselves: whenever I see Zayn and Louis I just think of them fighting with Naughty Boy and I had second hand embarrassment for them 😂
Omg what a day on twitter hahahaha. I was listening to Liam Payne on the Jaackmaate happy hour podcast yesterday and he was saying that all of his social medias are heavily regulated by management which is why he loves tiktok so much because he can be himself. Maybe Harry is happy for his social media to be out of his hands for the most part so he can focus on building authentic relationships with fans in public. I also think stan twitter isn't very 'tpwk' to put it politely and he might just want cut that negativity out of his life so avoid scandal or anything. I know Louis and Niall are more happy to engage in banter or set the record straight with fans if they're accused of anything on twitter but Harry is probably too busy meditating somewhere😂😂

Last edited:
Yes, that's another part of the appeal for me also.

Someone like Jesy Nelson would possibly feel a lot better about sm if she took inspiration from how Harry manages his. I feel a lack of boundaries is possibly a big part of why young people in particularly have so many mental health problems today.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.